Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Veevee Pendragon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 48
    Sorry, but the biggest demand for me right now is to get rid of the bots i see since i started playing.
    Or the people who "Need primal weapon? Pay for it" in /shout all over.

And why robbing people of the decision if they want to keep up with douchebags in pugs or save money to buy the stuff crafter made? We pay for this game, so we should be able to decide how we want to play it.

Aside of the above...keep the news coming looks good.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Schelle Sommers
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 28
    Much of this sounds to me as if the the Producer considers the true purpose of crafting is to make a more exciting game for adventurers. It sounds as crafting is secondary to fighting (becoming "more powerful").

Since all of us pay the same subscription fee per month, it saddens me to think that one group of subscribers (those who garner enjoyment from the creation classes) is basically considered subservient to the "real" players (those whose primary focus is killing things).
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Zohno Reecho
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiabelle View Post
    Much of this sounds to me as if the the Producer considers the true purpose of crafting is to make a more exciting game for adventurers. It sounds as crafting is secondary to fighting (becoming "more powerful").

Since all of us pay the same subscription fee per month, it saddens me to think that one group of subscribers (those who garner enjoyment from the creation classes) is basically considered subservient to the "real" players (those whose primary focus is killing things).
    You pick a DoW/M when creating a char and you cannot finish the main story with DoH/L, so… yeah, kinda.
    And "real" players bring you mats, some at least.
    (4)
    Last edited by ZohnoReecho; 11-20-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ire Valkyr
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Other than crafting things to help further crafting... crafting items, weapons, clothes, food and other consumables is all for DoW/M progression. Of course it is secondary.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Schelle Sommers
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 28
    Quote Originally Posted by ZohnoReecho View Post
    You pick a DoW/M when creating a char and you cannot finish the main story with DoH/L, so… yeah, kinda...
    Heh yes, that saddened me, too. If it were up to me, one could start the game as any class they wanted and not be gated out of the creation classes. Why not be able to start as a crafter who gets (reluctantly) sucked into fighting? Why not have a way to experience the main story as a pure crafter/gatherer?

But those are issues for a different thread .
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Alec Temet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    While I understand what you are saying, and I personally also spend at least 80% of my somewhat limited time crafting, the fact of the matter is that this is a combat focused MMO, as most triple A MMOs are. I can only think of one, maybe two (Haven and Hearth and Minecraft) MMOs that are fully crafting based. Yoshi-P has never billed it as anything else (though Tanaka did back in the day). I consider myself quite fortunate that crafting is as interesting and in depth as it is.

I would say the situation is less like being second class citizens, and more like coming to an amusement park and saying the food is bad. Sure, there's food, but it's just something to do between rides. And let's face it, our food isn't really even that bad - tastes good - just not very filling. Okay, I'm going to let that metaphor die now.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Loves Spooning
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiosha_Maureiba View Post
    *reaches for Fernehaw-I mean-Yoshida's ankles as he flies away* Don't go, crafting info is delish!

-
    On a less dramatic note, I wonder if there's ever a relic +2, maybe some two star recipes and dare I say tier IV materia could play a role in it.

2.1 and 2.2, I long for ye...
    Ffxiv anf ffxi go hand in hand in a lot of things. Relic will always be the best weapon so I'm 99.9% sure with new major patches new tasks will be given to raise the relic weapon.
    (0)
    Server: Behemoth
    IGN: Loves Spooning

Player
    Character
    Aeternus Nihilim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    The only concern I have is for the Blacksmith I-lvl 70 weapons which become absolutely useless because they are not used in relic quest anymore, and relics are so easy to obtain....
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kelvani Avendur
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Thank you for this update! We crafters are sort of a subculture. We spend hours doing mind numbing combines to level up. It would be nice to have all that effort and time pay off endgame with something besides a pretty outfit, awesome crafting table, and someone asking us to make gear for their alt class to level. I know I for one am looking forward to the furnishings, and the template you spoke of (name TBA) sounds like it could address the vanity issue of the tin cans?!?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Tool of Luminary +1 CAN I HAZ IT!11!!!!11

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast