Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Burnhilde Valkyrie
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    The point is to make a profit and seeing how this eluded you, you are doomed to fail.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nenin Poponsand
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzain View Post
    I'm a non-crafter DOM/DOW. So consider me the consumer.

I know that on lower level stuff, I'm much more willing to drop coin on a pre-melded item than a non-melded one all things being equal.

Not sure if that helps you. But I wouldn't mind seeing more of that stuff for sale.

Unfortunately you're in the minority so don't expect it to be common.

I'm reminded of one time I had penta-melded a mid level chest before putting it in my retainer and forgetting about it. I found it again after I had leveled past it so I decided to just sell it. The non-melded HQ ones sold 5-10 times a day for 20k or so. I put it up for 60k even though the materia alone was worth over 60k, not to mention the 100k I probably lost on the last 2 melds.

Two weeks go by and nothing so I dropped it to 40k. Another week and nothing. By this point well over 100 had sold for 20k with no melds. I dropped it again to 30k and waited a couple more days. Then I just gave up and listed it at 1k BELOW the cheapest HQ one. Four sold at a HIGHER price before someone bought the penta-melded one. I even checked to make sure it wasn't a quest or leve item. That was the last time I ever put something up pre-melded.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tzain Nival
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenin View Post
    Unfortunately you're in the minority so don't expect it to be common.

I'm reminded of one time I had penta-melded a mid level chest before putting it in my retainer and forgetting about it. I found it again after I had leveled past it so I decided to just sell it. The non-melded HQ ones sold 5-10 times a day for 20k or so. I put it up for 60k even though the materia alone was worth over 60k, not to mention the 100k I probably lost on the last 2 melds.

Two weeks go by and nothing so I dropped it to 40k. Another week and nothing. By this point well over 100 had sold for 20k with no melds. I dropped it again to 30k and waited a couple more days. Then I just gave up and listed it at 1k BELOW the cheapest HQ one. Four sold at a HIGHER price before someone bought the penta-melded one. I even checked to make sure it wasn't a quest or leve item. That was the last time I ever put something up pre-melded.
    Wow. ok then. Evidence is evidence. I admit though, I don't buy things very often at all, it's usually just a stop gap while I farm dungeons for gear. I imagine I've spent more on X-Ethers than I have on all the gear I've ever purchased. I imagine it will be different as I level a crafter and a gatherer since I cant do the same for them and kit them out in greens and pinks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tzain; 11-16-2013 at 05:05 AM. Reason: char limit is dumb

Player
    Character
    Nenin Poponsand
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzain View Post
    Wow. ok then. Evidence is evidence. I admit though, I don't buy things very often at all, it's usually just a stop gap while I farm dungeons for gear. I imagine I've spent more on X-Ethers than I have on all the gear I've ever purchased. I imagine it will be different as I level a crafter and a gatherer since I cant do the same for them and kit them out in greens and pinks.
    Yea I'd guess 85%+ of market transactions are in a closed loop from crafters/gatherers to other crafters/gatherers. All the gear and consumables you need to level up you get from quests/dungeons. The only time gil from people with only battle classes enters the system is when they need a double melded item for their relic quest or when they sell crafters philosophy tome items.

If you're buying normal quality X-Ethers even those aren't made by crafters >.> only the HQ ones are. The NQ ones drop from dungeon chests and are sold by people who get them that way.

It's such a shame because they've made an incredibly intricate crafting system but only other crafters get to interact with it. I made over 8,000 (yes eight thousand) Mega-Potions recently to get the Alchemy luminary weapon and I can't even give them away lol. People don't even realize they exist because they are so non-essential. If you want a tip, make friends with a crafter intent on getting all crafts to 50. We have unbelievable amounts of great stuff that we end up vendoring.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nenin; 11-16-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mayumi Shiro
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 52
    I agree with Nenin here. At the current time crafting is basically to supply other crafters and gatherers to an extent. The market to supply things to DOW and DOM is limited at best.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenin View Post
    It's such a shame because they've made an incredibly intricate crafting system but only other crafters get to interact with it. I made over 8,000 (yes eight thousand) Mega-Potions recently to get the Alchemy luminary weapon and I can't even give them away lol. People don't even realize they exist because they are so non-essential. If you want a tip, make friends with a crafter intent on getting all crafts to 50. We have unbelievable amounts of great stuff that we end up vendoring.
    You should have made Elixirs instead. They give back more mp than mega ethers and more hp than mega potions, and both at the same time. Anyone using mega potions or mega ethers over elixirs is a fool.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vortok Mercadia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    You should have made Elixirs instead. They give back more mp than mega ethers and more hp than mega potions, and both at the same time. Anyone using mega potions or mega ethers over elixirs is a fool.
    Except the base cooldown/recast on a Mega Potion is 1:30, Mega Ether is 4m, and Elixir is 6m. Know your products.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortok View Post
    Except the base cooldown/recast on a Mega Potion is 1:30, Mega Ether is 4m, and Elixir is 6m. Know your products.
    Fair enough, however, I would be surprised to see many DD using mega potions in any case. Poor guy can't even give em away. Elixirs, on the other hand, I can sell for profit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nenin Poponsand
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Fair enough, however, I would be surprised to see many DD using mega potions in any case. Poor guy can't even give em away. Elixirs, on the other hand, I can sell for profit.
    As infrequently as Mega-Potions sell, Elixirs sell even slower. I'm guessing you usually don't try to sell them by the thousands lol.

I chose Mega-Potions over Elixirs because despite having almost identical ingredient costs, Mega-Potions take 5 lightning and 5 water shards as opposed to 6 of each with Elixirs. It doesn't sound like much but with almost 3000 synths that means an extra 150-300k.

I also personally don't like using Elixirs. With a 1.5 min CD on Mega-Potions I can pop one every pull when leveling my PLD. If I need MP on my BLM for multiple Flares I prefer Hi-Ethers with a much shorter CD. For larger boosts I'd rather use HQ X-Potions and X-Ethers. TBH I'd probably use Hi-Elixirs if they weren't so insanely expensive. 100k a potion no thanks lmao.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Truth be told, you don't need crafting in ARR. Truth be told, you don't need a lot of things in ARR. Paladin, White Mage and a squad of Black Mage fills all gaps. All other classes are about what you prefer and that's really where crafting fits in. Looking good while you farm 10,000 FATE spawns over 300 levels?
    (0)

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast