Character
    Zemus Highwind
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    A second thread, are you for real OP?

Linkshells are what you make them just like Free Companies. If you can't make a successful Linkshell that isn't Squares fault, sorry.
    My first thread lacked depth and content , and with me using callouts for arguments was not helping matters either , that is why i decided to redo the whole thing with valid points and arguments.

Many of people are getting the false impression that i am not using linkshells for coil when if fact i am.
    I think it is currently impossible to do t1-t4 of coil without some help from a linkshell at least in my server.

A Free company provides so many bonuses that a linkshell cannot which helps members bond easily ,i dont know why you guys cant see that , i think the last and final option for me to take will be to convince the core members of my FC to shift to a new one focused on End game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alcyon Densetsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    OP, I believe your conception of FC/LS is a bit too restrictive and somewhat not accurate, based on how this game is set up.

Free Company → dedicated to gameplay, as various bonuses indicate; members are "teammates" more than "friends"; it's your typical "guild" in any MMORPG (a guild has an orientation, be it endgame, casual play, etc.; one should join one that fits one's playstyle). There's absolutely no point in grouping your friends in a FC, you should use a LinkShell for that. FC members must share a common interest in the game, as indicated by the bonuses once again. Of course, you can form a larger FC with various groups (hardcore, softcore, casual, etc.) as I personally did. It works quite well too but keep in mind that rosters ("teams") are to be formed based on in-game activity more than personal preference.

LinkShell → dedicated to social, as it's only a discussion channel; members are typically "friends" (IRL or IG) that may or may not play the game at the same degree of involvement than you do; it's a nice way to keep in touch with various people (including, but not exclusive to, guys you can recruit as "deluxe pick-ups" for your HL endeavors, or conversely lower levels that you might come to help).

Hope that helps.
    (1)
    “Focus on the journey, not the destination.
    Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

Hello,

We realize there are a lot of concerns about not being able to join the Binding Coil of Bahamut without the use of the Duty Finder as well as free companies that have different purposes.

During Letter from the Producer Live IX the other day, Yoshi-P discussed some upcoming features that will help alleviate these concerns. The biggest of which is the implementation of a party member recruitment feature where you can search something like a bulletin board to find and recruit party members with similar goals. This is scheduled to be implemented in patch 2.1 and we will be announcing more details on this feature in the future.

Also, as we've mentioned in the past we will be indicating what item level equipment is required for content in order to participate, so members who wish to participate with you will all be on the same page gear wise.

Finally, in patch 2.2, as we mentioned in a separate post last week, we are planning to implement a free company alliance system, which will let you join your free companies together to see both member lists, share a chat channel, and have other useful features.

We'll be implementing a variety of features moving forward step by step to ensure that everyone can play comfortably and easily in the content that they wish to participate in.
    (41)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    WARNING

People in this game come from FFXI and FFXIV 1.0. They do not have a cooperative relationship.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Swishytail Exaflare
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sove92 View Post
    "2. Add Binding coil to duty finder."

Disaster.
    This x1000.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Antanias Lebreska
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I'd like to be able to go backwards to help other ppl catch up (yeah I know SE said it was designed the way it currently is), even at the cost of not being able to lot on stuffs.
    (4)
    <--wants Blue Mage in A Realm Reborn and hands out balls of yarn to the people of Hydaelyn :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Credit goes to Niqo'te from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Trasias Amad'arlyn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    This thread is bad and OP should feel bad.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xyos Soma
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Good to hear about the Party board, should help with Binding Coil.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mog Net
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    The problem I'm seeing in my FC is we have two groups running Coil and a third group that are ready to run it but are lacking in members due to them being tied in to the other groups. Even if we ran on different days with different people in each group it would mess up the progression for certain people.

Am I missing some simple way around this so everyone can play? it just seems overly hard to arrange due to people not being able to go back and help with previous turns or turns being skipped if someone joined a leader with further progression.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    People in this game come from FFXI and FFXIV 1.0. They do not have a cooperative relationship.
    Apparently, because the way Binding Coil is designed is pretty much exactly how any raid I've ever seen elsewhere is designed. It's really nothing new. It has the week-long lockout for a reason: to meter progression, which loot lockouts would not do as it would just result in funneling gear to one player each run. It's not available in the duty finder for a reason: raids are meant to be top tier content that require a constant, steady group to complete with any regularity.

We've got an amazing tool with the dichotomy of linkshells and freecompanies in this game; people should make more (or perhaps better) use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Galliano View Post
    Am I missing some simple way around this so everyone can play?
    You recruit more people to fill in the gaps if you want to create a third static raid group.
    (2)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast