Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48
  1. #31
    Player
    Iskander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    259
    Character
    Iskander Ionius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by KariArisu View Post
    This does nothing for free companies who have a few members too many for their coil groups.
    You have 5 FC members that cannnot run coil because they are extras and the main group is a static group.

    The 5 FC members party up and go to the party recruitment board.

    They make a posting for 3 members to join them in a coil group.

    The 5 FC members get 3 people that can run coil with them.

    A party of now 8 goes and runs through coil for the week.

    Enjoy.
    (1)

  2. #32
    Player
    Ryios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,050
    Character
    Ryios Locke
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I don't see any issues with the mechanics of coil or the way it was designed. It has trash, it has bosses. The content is engaging and challenging. Forming static groups is not difficult, I've done it in every MMO I've ever played. It doesn't take us 3 hours to form groups either. It takes a while to get a static, but then everyone is on at X time and goes to BCB and progresses.

    The reset timer is fine as well, it's the first weekday of the week and it isn't going to affect when you can play. If you can only play on weekends then you will only have two days for BCB whether it resets on Monday, Friday, or any other day. And if it reset Satruday it would be bad for you because you would get fri/some of sat and it would reset. Then sunday you would be starting over, then next saturday you would be locked out or still on turn 4 or w/e....

    Secondly you don't need an FC for Raiding, this is what linkshells are for. We have a linkshell specifically for our BCB Group. When someone switches groups they leave the LS, when we get a new person they join the LS.

    The biggest problem's I see with people missing out on BCB are usually obvious. People are rejecting the meta, which is futile. So you have 2 drgs, a mnk, and a brd, well unless you have 2 buddy tanks and 2 buddy healers you won't be running together, that's the meta. The meta is a community formed monster that morphs and molds from the community. Fighting the meta is pointless and you can only fight the meta if you can find 7 unbiased people to do it with you.

    To have a good time in BCB you need to accept a few things - these are based on my observations, not on my actions.

    1. There is really only need for one melee dps in BCB, this is due to the mechanics (Tail Swipe/Cleave, Add Feeding on Turn 1, pacman on ADS, etc) And the only reason people take 1 melee dps at all is because they have the only ST LB or for the MNK stun, be thankful for that.
    2. Don't expect to get a lot of love tanking on a warrior, if you are a warrior you should level paladin to 50 so you can switch back and forth to avoid bias and conflict. Or you can compensate by beaing a Geared to the teeth (AF 1.5) warrior before setting foot in BCB and people don't care. I have tanked turn 1/2 suecessfully on warrior just fine with two pieces of af 1.5.
    3. Don't expect to be running two brds either, they have no DPS LB and that can sink you if your other 2 dps die. You also need two blm's on turn 4 to make it easier and it's hard so people tend to do that.
    4. Accept that this is a multi class game so people with multiple classes to 50 and geared in DL are more useful than people without and tend to get preference for groups. Groups that expect this know how to use /search and can see all your 50's whether you tell them what they are or not.
    5. Expect PS3/PC bias and deal with it, Don't tell people you are on PS3 if you can do the content.
    6. LAG is a huge issue, if you make lag excuses all the time, expect to get replaced whether it's your fault or not.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ryios; 10-23-2013 at 12:10 AM.

  3. #33
    Player Shiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    946
    Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I agree it is troublesome when you have a couple people over the amount needed for coil. But there really is no good solution for it currently.
    There's plenty, a few suggestions explained here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ory-job-system.
    (0)

  4. #34
    Player
    Ryios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,050
    Character
    Ryios Locke
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    In my experience, don't run coil as an FC event, Run coil as an LS event and make an LS just for Coil. In fact you can have one group of eight and a couple of backup people not in the group you pug when people can't make it.

    Nothing causes more drama than "Why are you taking X to coil instead of Y, I am Y and I am more geared." Which may be true, but Y might lag more than X and Y might be on PS3 while X is on a 3000$ gaming rig with a 10ms ping to canada making gear irrelevant compared to Y. Or maybe Y just sucks and you want to be nice and not tell them that. As such we find it to be easiest to just have an LS of 8 people. Really imo, the only good use for an FC as of right now is for the exp/spirit bind/gathering buffs... And finding premades for AK/WP/Titan etc. A side from that it's just another LS where you can talk to your friends.
    (0)

  5. #35
    Player
    Firescorpio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    45
    Character
    Firescorpio Hyrrdraumr
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    oh it's this guy again
    (0)

  6. #36
    Player
    Teon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    287
    Character
    Diamond Lex
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Hello,

    We realize there are a lot of concerns about not being able to join the Binding Coil of Bahamut without the use of the Duty Finder as well as free companies that have different purposes.

    During Letter from the Producer Live IX the other day, Yoshi-P discussed some upcoming features that will help alleviate these concerns. The biggest of which is the implementation of a party member recruitment feature where you can search something like a bulletin board to find and recruit party members with similar goals. This is scheduled to be implemented in patch 2.1 and we will be announcing more details on this feature in the future.

    Also, as we've mentioned in the past we will be indicating what item level equipment is required for content in order to participate, so members who wish to participate with you will all be on the same page gear wise.

    Finally, in patch 2.2, as we mentioned in a separate post last week, we are planning to implement a free company alliance system, which will let you join your free companies together to see both member lists, share a chat channel, and have other useful features.

    We'll be implementing a variety of features moving forward step by step to ensure that everyone can play comfortably and easily in the content that they wish to participate in.
    Maybe the dev team don't get it: some of us are on servers where
    A Everyone speak Japanese, and are absolutely not interested to join a coil run with gaijins
    B A server filled of "useless crappers"
    C Players with full gear and relic+1, perfectly ready for coil, even talented too doing AK endless because "You got a group running maybe? I cannot find any"

    Put Coil on QUEUE with gear check (and if possible, relic required, at least to prove the player was able to beat titan hm)! We don't need a stupid board , dealing again with our damned server (expecially point A n B )

    Is it so hard to implement?
    (1)
    Last edited by Teon; 10-23-2013 at 04:18 PM.

  7. #37
    Player
    Vektrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    173
    Character
    Vektrat Pirineu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Teon View Post
    Maybe the dev team don't get it: some of us are on servers where
    A Everyone speak Japanese, and are absolutely not interested to join a coil run with gaijins
    B A server filled of "useless crappers"
    C Players with full gear and relic+1, perfectly ready for coil, even talented too doing AK endless because "You got a group running maybe? I cannot find any"

    Put Coil on QUEUE with gear check (and if possible, relic required, at least to prove the player was able to beat titan hm)! We don't need a stupid board , dealing again with our damned server (expecially point A n B )

    Is it so hard to implement?
    A) Why are you playing in a Japanese server? I don't think you'd have issues joining groups if you were proficient in Japanese which would be the only reason to play in a Japanese server.
    B) So your server is full of useless crappers? I'm sure you'd think the same of any server you played in, and I think you'd feel even more convinced if Coil was in DF
    C) Battles like Titan are already a disaster in DF when they only require single player mediocre performance, I wonder how will you cope with a DF raid where you require someone to organize, and I won't say optimal setup but you can get partied with 2 warriors and 4 BLM (who will silence?), besides that you require role and party communication.

    Also regardless of the stupid reason you had to play in a JP server (which btw is probably hurting them more than you), you had free server transfers last week (maybe still going on? no idea), if you are so unhappy you have a free ticket out of this so called hell.

    I believe some changes could be made to how the Coil works (it's a pretty raw design of how modern raiding started), but what you're saying seems to be more on your side than anyone's else.
    (1)

  8. #38
    Player
    Teon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    287
    Character
    Diamond Lex
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vektrat View Post
    A) Why are you playing in a Japanese server? I don't think you'd have issues joining groups if you were proficient in Japanese which would be the only reason to play in a Japanese server.
    B) So your server is full of useless crappers? I'm sure you'd think the same of any server you played in, and I think you'd feel even more convinced if Coil was in DF
    C) Battles like Titan are already a disaster in DF when they only require single player mediocre performance, I wonder how will you cope with a DF raid where you require someone to organize, and I won't say optimal setup but you can get partied with 2 warriors and 4 BLM (who will silence?), besides that you require role and party communication.

    Also regardless of the stupid reason you had to play in a JP server (which btw is probably hurting them more than you), you had free server transfers last week (maybe still going on? no idea), if you are so unhappy you have a free ticket out of this so called hell.

    I believe some changes could be made to how the Coil works (it's a pretty raw design of how modern raiding started), but what you're saying seems to be more on your side than anyone's else.
    Uh?
    A I'm asian and speak japanese. I got relic+1 and i do coil. With JP players (when invited).
    I was on this server not for my choice for sure, my plan was way different with two LS waiting me. One was a huge JP LS, the other one a nice eng speaking LS.

    Remember the mess at launch about servers full? I guess no or this means your post is just useless. (Hey, typical western poster getting a +1 huh? )
    I picked this server randomly. So did hundred others, registered on this server randomly, hoping to move out for free as soon as possible.

    Free server transfer you say: still i guess you had no idea how many issues we had, and how many of us tried to move out and received an error, and now we are out of time for it, free transfer is gone.
    So it's gone this hope too, for every english speaking hoping to move out.
    As you see my post was a common interest, and an issue a lot are still having (i personally checked, and most of the player who planned to move as soon as possible didn't transfer, not by choice but because of SE issues), hoping finally to group up with eng speaking players.
    Oh yes, we can pay (pay? Because of SE fault? hmm) for a transfer, soon.

    Don't worry about me, you should worry about other eng speaking on this server, now hopeless.
    Like if JP players would invite a gaijin speaking english on that board, right

    B: No, it's not "full". But 99% randoms playing coil are (JP players included).
    Sad but true. At least on my server. I heard about better servers, transfer is gone.
    The tiny number of talented players (JP or eng) playing on my server are on their core group, they stick together and they don't join noone else, nor invite randoms, except rare moments needing a backup (praying the best).
    A strict friend of them, not a guy on shout for sure.

    No recruiting ongoing, much less from the eng players left. Now tell me, what should and eng speaking players do, now?

    C: CF with gear check to join , DF complete set (accessory included) required, relic (+1 not stricly needed) to prove the player was able to beat titan hm and well, "maybe" there would be more possibilities to meet more talented groups. Speaking english.

    I'm (still, some disagree, time has changed maybe) a pure beliver of talents just needing a shot. Let them play coil a bit, and maybe 1 group out of 50 (sorta of titan hm) will win.

    Communication? Honestly except coil 4 and 5, there is ZERO needing to communicate at all. Just watch a video guide (there is a pretty nice one on youtube, link it , requires 10 minutes to watch it , it explains perfectly even with slow motion with tiny details the entire fight of coil 1-2-3-4 even what every role must do.

    What's next? Execute it (or at least try).

    I guess it's easy to post when life is easy and everything is set with a group waiting you, isn't it? Try again
    (0)

  9. #39
    Player
    Vektrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    173
    Character
    Vektrat Pirineu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    You're talking about life being easy when stuff is prepared around me, yet you say there is no recruiting going on in your server.

    For your information, I lead my own group at coil, and further, we are not even a FC, we are a LS of worthy and cool people I've been inviting as I played, without waiting to rush at 50 and expect to have my group served at the Coil's entrance.

    You take my post as an attack, yet it is more of pondering, because you seemed to complain about the JP server, yet you chose it. Yes, SE sucked on server and account management, and they do in many other aspects, but all I know is that everybody who wanted to start playing in an EN server, could do so if they tried (either wait a while, or create the character at late night, or whatever). If for whatever reason you ended there, it was YOUR choice in the end even if the other path was more difficult. I'm sorry about SE fucking up with server transfers, I'm sure it sucked for you, but there's people who (not relying SE), waited to create their character instead of waiting for an unknown incoming transfer; as you said, you HOPED to move out.

    Anyway, you're trying to fix the issue of "I'm not happy in this server" with something quite unrelated, which is "make Coil public", fast fixes like this don't help in the long run.

    The other English knew what they were getting into and they took the correct approach, while my friends were like "oh server full" and I was like "well just wait a day or two, or just try to create the character at 5am", other people was like "LOL f*ck EN servers haha I'll go JP and start playing right now because they get better support". If you are English and have no knowledge or timezones related to JP, you should play in an EN server from the start.

    And again, even if they make Coil public, the learning curve for the community will be so shitty it will take long (past 2.1?) before many are happy. When you have run Coil 2 times you can run it without communication at all, true, but if there is one person in the party who hasn't you're in for a fun ride (btw I think communication is required at turn 1-2 when starting, not turn 4, don't know about turn 5).

    Have in mind that people with static groups will continue to run coil without CF, so you will basically be gathering the (mostly) left outs / news / unprepared people. Just like it is happening with Titan (and even Garuda, WP and AK now), people prefers to spam Mordona for a group rather than join CF. If you join CF for Titan the most likely is that you get players who just reached this point of storyline and are unprepared.

    On a side note, we don't know how complex it would be to implement Coil CF so we can't have an opinion on it "not being difficult". Seeing the design choices they have made in much of the technical and game stuff I believe it is probably pretty messy.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vektrat; 10-23-2013 at 08:55 PM.

  10. #40
    Player
    Teon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    287
    Character
    Diamond Lex
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Maybe you're right. CF Coil may end up just on a big mess, like a titan hm on CF. Still that board, imho, is totally useless as project. May help to find that 8th guy maybe, but form a coil party? Nah.

    Meh, we will see i guess.


    p.s. we are not on the same server, that's what i meant, regardless if you was leading your coil party or just be part of it.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tags for this Thread