Player
    Character
    Arias Urea
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 45
    Quote Originally Posted by Player1 View Post
    It's just a general obversation of the majority that I've experienced and see others strolling around in, then I'll see a Hyur/Miq'ote and I can't help notice how pleasing fodder armour you wear while levelling looks on them, armour which I otherwise felt looked rather crappy.

You can't wear standard cowls/robes without the feet clipping through them while running for example, that was when I first dawned on me I think.
    I would agree with all the armor looking better on Hyur than any other race, but Miquo'tes got the tail sticking out of the armor thing going on and it clips their clothes/armor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shikoba Anaba
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I actually discovered this last night on my male Miqo'te. I noticed my armor was clipping (Darklight Bard chest gear) on the red shoulder pad. I never really noticed it before. I went to compare it to hyur and low and behold no cliping. The reason for it of course is because of the Miqo'te stance is so different.

It's definitely a bit of a turn off. And in your topic post you mention Miqo'te looking as good, but you are mistaken. Their stance causes issues. Not to mention pieces of armor are cut off in order to accommodate the tail. It's all part of why I'm trying to change my race at present (not to mention the cat craze has worn off).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pretty Neet
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Fair point about the tail, I know people have complained about that. I was thinking more about their general proportions in them generally being a Hyur with different posture (not to offend any cat people out there!).

---

The issue becomes less noticeable with really good looking equipment is a point I will concede, because the equipment is so appealing by itself, it's typically the throwaway stuff you'll be wearing in between & on the way to, where it becomes very obvious to me.

---

Yes catman, that's it. Let it alllll out. We're in this together.
    (1)
    Last edited by Player1; 10-08-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Deedlit Blanchimont
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    That's crazy. Elezen females are beautiful! Especially in Coliseum armor.... :P
    Which is precisely why I'll be using it on vanity slots the day the feature becomes available. ;p
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Twilight Sparkle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 53
    what about caster darklight :P the armored tail slot on the robes are awesome
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sacred Sage
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    FFXI had race specific armor, altho all they did was reskin the starter armor they got, it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up doing the same with this, which i wouldn't mind, the hyur starting gear looks quite pleasing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sentinel Guardian
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I have news for you guys, the armor does not look quiet right on Hyur either. You can call it lazy designing or efficient designing, according to the lead designer, they needed to come up with ways to faster provide more and more armor design in this game.

With the exception of the starting gear (which is race specific), none of the armor in the game looks quiet right.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Folsom Chauser
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Everything looks great on a male Roegadyn. So there!

That could just be because we're quite dashing, however.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I would positively love it if this game modeled different armor tiers to be race (and even better - gender) specific, a la TERA. You'd get to see unique cultural flair in armor models, and there'd sure as hell be a lot more variety in-game. I know it's not a very realistic wish, but it's not gonna stop me from wishing for it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcsky View Post
    How dare you compare us to the nasty tree root arms monsters!
    Yeah, that's kind of unfair, Guados aren't as bad as Elezen.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast