Character
    Kevin Caron
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesse View Post
    I like how you "blocked" out their name. xD
    It's not one of my screenshot, it's from reddit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kazaran Leeman
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    One person that posted this claim off being ligit a week later was compromised by RMT's and shouting gil sales. SOme have fallen for the bot system, not realizing it is a program that logs your info and make you vunerable, eventually your character will be at their will.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tirion Fordring
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    So not only did he get 30 levels in under a minute, but he got 100,000 gil? Well now it's pretty easy to see where all the millions of gil came from SE took out of the economy.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Whao... 30 levels in 1 min... the max I can do is only 1 level in 1 min..

(By handing in HQ leves... duh...)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kevin Caron
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
    So not only did he get 30 levels in under a minute, but he got 100,000 gil? Well now it's pretty easy to see where all the millions of gil came from SE took out of the economy.
    Yup and knowing how poorly SE handle hacker and bots, I wouldn't be surprised if legit carpenter get caught in it too.

If it's from one particular leves, everyone that completed that leves once might get flagged.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Yup and knowing how poorly SE handle hacker and bots, I wouldn't be surprised if legit carpenter get caught in it too.

If it's from one particular leves, everyone that completed that leves once might get flagged.
    In that case I screwed.. I got my LSmates help me craft HQ to hand in for my repeatable leves!

Nice knowing you guys..
    (1)
    Heli's Black Market open for business. Sells black market items for your exotic needs.

closed for business till further notice

Player
    Character
    Blaze Chronic
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    FYI: If you have all the HQ turn-ins for the leves already on-hand, this is possible and can be done legit. Maybe not in one minute, but in about 10-15... The only thing limiting you would be running from the Levemete NPC to the turn-in NPC, and MAYBE your inventory would be full. but you could also stash some in armoury.

Just sayin, although this definitely looks suspicious.

Can't be done within a minute, considering you need to walk pick the levequest here and go there for reward
    Did you even READ my post, or just quoted without even looking at it?
    (0)
    Last edited by BlazeChronic; 10-07-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rurod Arkdale
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Okay, so everyone that reached level 50 Carpentry will be suspended soon for investigation?

Way to treat your players, lol. I was planning to level up my carpentry a bit, but no then

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeChronic View Post
    FYI: If you have all the HQ turn-ins for the leves already on-hand, this is possible and can be done legit. Maybe not in one minute, but in about 10-15... The only thing limiting you would be running from the Levemete NPC to the turn-in NPC, and MAYBE your inventory would be full. but you could also stash some in armoury.

Just sayin, although this definitely looks suspicious.
    Can't be done within a minute, considering you need to walk pick the levequest here and go there for reward
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lapsed Pacifist
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
    Sure, he might have temporarily 'gotten' 100k gil, but given that the bot program probably contains malicious code that allows RMTs to hack and take over your account at will, it is in the end just a form of RMT botting, with cheaters voluntarily (though unwittingly) playing the role of RMT bot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valado Vulado
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They would probably just ban people who have a grossly disproportionate number of levels compared to the number of items crafted with that class.

But, I would say that this is more of a growing symptom of an already ignored issue... In that programs exist to exploit systems that were coded poorly, and that nothing has been done about the underlying faults with these systems.

This will probably be handled with the same behavior that other botting has been handled... Not at all. My guess as to why nothing is being done is because technically these things all still have a time/repair component associated with them (a teleporting bot only mines slightly slower than a player walking between nodes), or have a limited nature (as in this case the leve system).

I just hope they won't be waiting till 2.1 to put measures in place to stop teleporting bots or atleast detect and automatically flag those accounts that are using this sort of exploit.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vagrant-0; 10-07-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast