Player
    Character
    Zozor Zaibon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50

PS3 release cancelled?

In the SE fiscal year report, the PS3 release of FFXIV and of Final Fantasy Versus are NOT mentioned as upcoming releases.

Does this mean they are cancelled?

source: http://www.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/11q4release.pdf
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zozor View Post
    In the SE fiscal year report, the PS3 release of FFXIV and of Final Fantasy Versus are NOT mentioned as upcoming releases.

Does this mean they are cancelled?

source: http://www.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/11q4release.pdf
    Means they are probably not out until next year. Vs. is like 95% complete I doubt they would cancel that release... XIV hinges solely on a knock out kick ass release on PS3, so this just probably means we will not see XIV on PS3 until Next year when the expansion content is ready to be released. Remember they are completely reworking XIV while it is live and we are Beta testing it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zozor Zaibon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    That was my first thought - but this has a lot of people worried, so I was hoping someone would make an official statement.
    (0)

Player

PS3 Isnt canceled

that whole report was discussed thoughroughly in another thread

remember SE has TONS Of projects running all the time, and FF14 is a project as a whole(ps3 and pc are the same basicaly if you consider releases) and they wont be canceling 1 without the other. and if they were going to cancel it would have been already

Player
    Character
    Zozor Zaibon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Indeed we're all hoping for the best. I saw the other thread - I just wanted there to be one to pose this question specifically.

I think they're going to try to salvage FFXIV for PC, but it's unclear whether or not they think a PS3 launch will be worth the investment after all the bad press and one of the biggest financial losses ever.

I'm hoping someone will make an official statement that settles this once and for all.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Zozor View Post
    Indeed we're all hoping for the best. I saw the other thread - I just wanted there to be one to pose this question specifically.

I think they're going to try to salvage FFXIV for PC, but it's unclear whether or not they think a PS3 launch will be worth the investment after all the bad press and one of the biggest financial losses ever.

I'm hoping someone will make an official statement that settles this once and for all.
    there is no "if" on the ps3 launch, they have the game ready, all they gotta do from here on out is make the initial patch bigger

the development for the game itself is done

Player

FFXIV is actually one of their main focus.
    (3)

Player

Doesnt "Next year" start for them in october? Just wondering.
    (1)
    I have 8 crafts at 50. All I did was watch T.V. and spam standard for easy mode synths. Enjoy leveling those crafts in 1.19 and beyond everyone!

Player
    Character
    Zozor Zaibon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    We can all be confident that they're focusing on FFXIV for PC. It may even be true that the PS3 version is almost finished - but if they were planning to launch it, why not include it in the projection? If it's really almost finished, why would they wait another year?

The only things we know are
    1) FFXIV forced SE to take a massive loss this year.
    2) Launching FFXIV for PS3 costs more money
    3) FFXIV is still losing money for SE every month
    4) SE is working to improve SE for PC
    5) SE did not report that they are planning to release on PS3 within the next fiscal year.

What that means for PS3 is grim, and yet people seem to think it's coming soon.

It would definitely help everyone if an announcement were made about this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    If all goes well, i think ps3 version will be out in September.. one year later.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast