Player
    Character
    Elu Zaltana
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Signet <Can I have it?>

So, I would like it if we could get a signet for when I exp and get some seals!? Ya know, something from FFXI(OH MY GOSH FFXI!). But ya, would really like that, maybe a few per chain?

"Signet is a a beneficial Status Effect that allows the acquisition of Conquest Points and Crystals from defeated enemies that grant Experience Points. The signet effect can be obtained from any Conquest Overseer Source"

(9)

Player
    Character
    Zozorozo Shortstrider
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Seals? As in Grand Company Seals?

You should be able to get more of these than you could ever possibly use if you just do casual fates and your hunting log.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Blaise Destin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I cringe when i hear the word "FATE" now to be perfectly honest... but what can ya do. I just have nightmares about the grinds still lol

I like the idea. Sanction/Sigil/Signet in FFXI were great ideas, and especially the SoA Signet which name escapes me. Perhaps they could add a system similar to SoA's signet effect, where certain actions (on a server wide basis) can enhance the buffs it offers.

Nothing gamebreaking, Mind you, But little buffs here and there. Bonus to MP Regeneration? Bonus to Exp in Dungeons(Could help solve the FATE grind problem), Bonus to Exp (in general), Skill Speed Bonuses, Spell Speed Bonuses. The effects need not be more then a small amount so as to not be broken or gamechanging, but nice little bonuses we as a server can influence and gain over time.

Regardless even if it was like Signet, original Signet, which allowed you to collect crystals and gain small amounts of (Company seals) per combat, I'd be happy with this too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shu'on Vana'diel
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I would love to see them re-introduce the whole taking-over-the-area thing like in FFXI (which was essentially the purpose of Signet/Sanction/whatever). But they won't because recycling game mechanic is not something they would do
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    Rokien 2.0 please go.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    We already have a Sanction that increases the stats of GC gear. You buy it with seals. Honestly there are a ton of ways to both get EXP and Seals at the same time. I wouldn't like to see this. Eventually you'll run out of things to buy with your seals and then what good are they?

I'd rather see it implemented to give shards or something.
    (0)
    * I fully give permission for any of my written ideas to be used by SE without recognition.

Player
    Character
    Elu Zaltana
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MartaDemireux View Post
    We already have a Sanction that increases the stats of GC gear. You buy it with seals. Honestly there are a ton of ways to both get EXP and Seals at the same time. I wouldn't like to see this. Eventually you'll run out of things to buy with your seals and then what good are they?

I'd rather see it implemented to give shards or something.
    In ffxi the drop rate of crystals was effected by a signet, intact I think of a normal mob you had to have a signet for crystals to drop.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elu Zaltana
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zozorozo View Post
    Seals? As in Grand Company Seals?

You should be able to get more of these than you could ever possibly use if you just do casual fates and your hunting log.
    Not everyone likes to do fates.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ca'ex Ketsu
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I like this idea

Why? Brings back dungeon parties as another way to get Seals in the game.

Que up for dungeons get a certain amount of seals as percentage of EXP gained within a dungeon.

Also would work well with grind parties outside of dungeons as well with the same concept. We need different forms of leveling for the different forms of players this game brings in.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kincard Naushadi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    The only way this would work is if they made it a [maybe FC?] bonus that you buy. Otherwise, the form of Signet that was in XI was just a poor design choice that was nothing but busywork that either punished newer players for not knowing about it or veteran players having a senior moment. I love[d] XI, but if I want to play XI, I'll go play XI. Don't import features if they don't fit and especially not if they were bad design. I don't get why people thought Signet was a good idea. Consider what Signet did, before they patched it:

It made you gain Conquest Points
    It made you obtain crystals from downed enemies
    It made your participation in conquest relevant (or rather, killing random bunnies in an area somehow increased the control your nation had over that area)

What difference would it have made if the game simply had this happen anyway, without you needing to report back to town every x amount of hours? Now consider what they added to Signet after they patched it:

XP bonus in small groups
    Accuracy/Evasion/hHP bonuses for even match or lower

Once again, what difference would it have made if the game simply made it so that conquest areas automatically did this for you? There was no point to it, all it did was force you back to town every so often.

For the record I'm not against the extra things that Signet provides being added to XIV (Making crystals drop from more enemies for instance), but the actual act of getting the buff Signet was completely pointless.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kincard; 10-07-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast