Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60

Titan hates me

Last night I found a group to try Titan HM with. I kept pulling hate off the tank. I would give the tank time to establish aggro, as well as everyone else, I stopped using regen/medica 2 and only used cure 1. I was still drawing hate so I started healing sparingly. The other healer was seriously undergeared and could not keep up the tank's health spamming cure 2. When he got low I cast benediction which put me in yellow so I stopped healing at all and just focused on dodging. After several rounds of casting nothing I suddenly had full hate.

All the dps had full DL. A couple had their relics. The BLM had a full Vanya/i70 jewelry set decked out with level IV materia. The tank was also well geared with full DL and his ifrit weapon. I'm baffled why I was pulling so much hate. I talked to another friend who said he has a lot of trouble holding hate against a geared WHM. So what else can I do to reduce enmity for this fight?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ire Valkyr
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    If you are using shroud and not over healing, or not healing at all i can't imagine how you would get threat unless the tank wasn't pushing buttons.

Keep in mind being geared isn't everything. A few tanks i've run with had darklight but were worse than tanks in ak gear. The problem might not be you, there is no way you were pulling that much aggro with so few spells if thats actually whats happening.

Problem is, its just too easy to get darklight grinding cm and the like and too easy to buy relics. So many people on my server run around with relics they bought from high end guilds so geared or not they have no idea how to actually play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gaust Euler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Your fault.

Using Medica II far too early in the fight and not using Shroud of Saints often enough. You shouldn't even have to used Medica II until the final phase.

While I won't say it's entirely your fault because some of the blame is in the hands of the developers for not teaching Healers that threat is important (mainly to WHMs), I would expect people to have learnt this by Titan.
    (0)
    Last edited by Garnatian; 10-12-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    I'll have to try the fight with a few more groups then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnatian View Post
    Your fault.

Using Medica II far too early in the fight and not using Shroud of Saints.

While I won't say it's entirely your fault because some of the blame is in the hands of the developers for not teaching Healers that threat is important (mainly to WHMs), I would expect people to have learnt this by Titan.
    Actually I wasn't using medica 2 at all and only using medica 1 after the whole party was hit by a big aoe. I was also not using regen at all on anyone. Sorry if I didn't clarify this in my post. I was using shroud but it has a long cool down. When I stopped using these spells it did reduce my threat but not for long as at some point people needed heals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gaust Euler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMalFleur View Post
    Actually I wasn't using medica 2 at all and only using medica 1 after the whole party was hit by a big aoe. I was also not using regen at all on anyone. Sorry if I didn't clarify this in my post. I was using shroud but it has a long cool down. When I stopped using these spells it did reduce my threat but not for long as at some point people needed heals.
    If you didn't use Medica II until the end, then the Tank just sucked.
    (0)