Player
    Character
    Mir Metafalss
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80

Scholar Relic

I'm not sure if this applies to all servers, but on Midgarsormr, pre-relic weapons are usually 20,000 gils and under. However, the Arcanist's Erudite Picatrix goes from 45000 to 50000 gils. Why is the arcanist book so much more expensive than the others? Even the weapon parts and the materia needed are more expensive than the other classes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hennessy Cognac
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    on my server the crafted grimoire goes for 60k its stupid, and looking at the prices of the mats it should be no where near that. I hate ppl that price gouge its annoying and no ones gonna buy your stuff, esp those ppl who think they can sell 99 of an item, like really? no ones gonna buy a 99 stack, thats not crystals.

Honestly not even worth getting the Omnilex for SCH it has no crit on it. Going for the Allagan grimoire of healing much better.
    (1)
    Last edited by chumsy; 10-12-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ice Spear
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by chumsy View Post
    on my server the crafted grimoire goes for 60k its stupid, and looking at the prices of the mats it should be no where near that. I hate ppl that price gouge its annoying and no ones gonna buy your stuff, esp those ppl who think they can sell 99 of an item, like really? no ones gonna buy a 99 stack, thats not crystals.

Honestly not even worth getting the Omnilex for SCH it has no crit on it. Going for the Allagan grimoire of healing much better.
    Here I was worrying about trying to get my relic weapon thanks for pointing it out lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pepinot Foret
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 36
    Except Allagan Grimoire of Healing doesn't drop until Coil Turn 5, so Relic is still by far your best bang-for-your-buck upgrade using Mythology tomes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shinonome Sanada
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Regarding the prices, I suppose it's because SCH/SMN prerequisites for relics share the required "rare" material (Bloody Grimoire Binding), leading to an overall lower supply of Erudite's Picatrix of Healing/Casting. Doesn't particularly help that (in my experience at least) people often just skip the chest that has a shot at containing the Bloody Grimoire Binding, further straining the availability of materials. Factor in Alchemists needing to spend some money on good crafting gear and levelling the craft itself to be able to create the tomes... can you really blame them for wanting to break even from the money spent?
    (0)