Player
    Character
    Reimu Hakurei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoz View Post
    I think we can't avoid this at this time.
    You have to time Steady Perfectly right after Embrace to avoid pet using auto Whispering Wind/etc
    or the Embrace casting will be canceled

SQE
    Damn.

timing the macro perfectly is pretty much impossible due to latency, and even in 1ms the idiot fairy will just blow every skill she has.
    Also, I have to time it with my Physick and Adlo casts because I can't press Steady when I am casting something.

Seriously...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I've come to think that this is somewhat by design.

I don't think SE really wants us manually using every embrace (or embrace at all really).

Sure, it would be nice if they let us, but, there is actually a pretty soild work around: Fairy placement.

Your fairy has a short auto cast range for party members at a bout half her max cast range (will auto cast on you at max range though).

So place your fairy accordingly. Eos has a pretty solid reaction time for casting embrace on targets, so keep her near only those targets you want her healing and she will heal them when ever you would other wise tell her too.

For titan: Leave her on follow and keep yoruself near the middle.
    AK: Place in side ark of boss (will heal tank and any mele, ranged shoudln't need her help)
    CM: Auto follow and keep near tanks and dds. (There is no boss aoe that isnt' easy to avoid)
    Coil 1: Place in side arc on side bards aren't bringing slimes in on.
    Coil 2: Auto follow with you in the front middle position will hit tanks ( a little vague, lots of different strats being used for this fight so, YMMV)
    I haven't personally healed 4, so idk, my bff jill, but having tanked it I feel there are viable options.

TL, DR: Place command IS your manual targeting of embrace command.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reimu Hakurei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Embrace is not the issue tho. Dawn, Covenant and Illumination are.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia_Nightfall View Post
    Embrace is not the issue tho. Dawn, Covenant and Illumination are.
    Thre is no difficulty with using these skills manually under teh current system. Simply use it, tap steady and proceed. Given their long cool downs its not at all difficult to deal with. The only problem arises when people are trying to manual cast embrace while preventing these other skills from being used, which is nearly umpossible. But, as stated above, is never necessary.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Klynwilf Spellrifter
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I think the thing that bugs me the most about scholar is Selene.

It is obvious Selene is desiged to have a simple, easy, no hassle buff rotation.

Fairy Glow is 30 sec with 60 sec cooldown. Cannot be up with Fairy Light.
    Fairy Light is 30 sec with 60 sec cooldown. Cannot be used with Fairy Glow.

Clearly the fairy should be using glow and then when glow ends use light. When light ends it should use glow.
    Really simple and effective buff rotation. You always have a buff going, just swaps between skill and spell speed.

What does the Fairy do?
    Only cast Glow, never light. If you force it to cast light, it will auto over write it with glow.
    You have to babysit this buff rotation because the fairy only casts glow and will cast the instant it is up.

This is such a simple fix. Yet in order to use Selence's light buff, you have to baby sit her.

This drives me insane. Unlike Eos, there shouldn't be a need to manage Selene. A simple rotation is all that is needed.
    (0)
    Forum Lurker Extraordinaire.
    Like a good stalker, I'm always there.

Player
    Character
    Healer Malphas
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    I think the thing that bugs me the most about scholar is Selene.

It is obvious Selene is desiged to have a simple, easy, no hassle buff rotation.

Fairy Glow is 30 sec with 60 sec cooldown. Cannot be up with Fairy Light.
    Fairy Light is 30 sec with 60 sec cooldown. Cannot be used with Fairy Glow.

Clearly the fairy should be using glow and then when glow ends use light. When light ends it should use glow.
    Really simple and effective buff rotation. You always have a buff going, just swaps between skill and spell speed.

What does the Fairy do?
    Only cast Glow, never light. If you force it to cast light, it will auto over write it with glow.
    You have to babysit this buff rotation because the fairy only casts glow and will cast the instant it is up.
    Thats exactly what I do with Selene. And with Eos I just put her on steady and use the 4th skill when a big hit is comming, she blows every cd she has and i put her on steady again.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3