Character
    White Mage
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Do healers have a place in PvE?

This is concerning damage and FATEs.

16 times I have tried to get gold in the FATE "It's not Lupas" and I come up with silver everytime. Now I know FATEs are entirely damage based, and that of course the White Mage puts out little to none! Even in Cleric Stance. SoS cannot be used on most FATEs.

Now I realize Ethers, but the long CD on them it's just not worth it, and honestly some are upwards of 2,000g a pop is that worth it when I'm out of mana when the boss is at 80% HP still? And that's without raising or healing anyone.

Can we get exp based on HP healed in FATEs? That way I can sit and heal the tank without getting naught from the FATE.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Exphryl Windstrider
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Animation View Post
    This is concerning damage and FATEs.

16 times I have tried to get gold in the FATE "It's not Lupas" and I come up with silver everytime. Now I know FATEs are entirely damage based, and that of course the White Mage puts out little to none! Even in Cleric Stance. SoS cannot be used on most FATEs.

Now I realize Ethers, but the long CD on them it's just not worth it, and honestly some are upwards of 2,000g a pop is that worth it when I'm out of mana when the boss is at 80% HP still? And that's without raising or healing anyone.

Can we get exp based on HP healed in FATEs? That way I can sit and heal the tank without getting naught from the FATE.
    Fates are Hate based. It just so happens our damage doesn't generate a lot of hate so it will be hard to get Gold if you aren't in a group. When I am queuing for a duty I'll just toss Regen on anything I see and lots of cure IIs till I'm OOM. Works pretty well.

Feel free to Heal, it's not as bad as people make it out to be and you can get Gold pretty easily

(Or just join a party and lolafk to Gold)
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Abylaent Gybalgybet
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    throw bio or aero on all mobs and you will get gold everytime.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Loxius Montaque
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm a white mage myself and yes when you're not in a party it can be quit hard to get gold medal even more if it is 1 boss only as with more mobs you simply earo all the mobs and you often get gold for only doing that.
    But there are other classes who have bigger problems cause they lack instant damage skills or aoe skills so think we as a healer should be the last to worry about fates. in ever had a time when leveling where I couldn't get a fate party and as a whm in fate party it is gold no matter how short the fight is.

The whole fate system doesn't work this way as it has nothing to do with fighting or healing and that is just a shame.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kana Nagai'tabi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    sadly, I have to do this every time (placing bio on every mob)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adellyna Adel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    find a party, then go spam Medica in fate. Gold every time (like 2 medica + 1 bio to put you into combat). Hell, even tanks need to flash twice to get gold.

DPSes actually have the hardest job during fate :P
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Midori Neko
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Of course.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimm Apollo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I had the hardest time getting gold on that particular FATE. I tried and tried as ACN. I tried healing, dotting and nuking, just nuking and nothing. It wasn't until I was leveling WHM in that zone that I was finally able to get gold by just DPS'ing. On the longer boss FATEs you should be able to just heal, I was able to get gold on Bahamut recently by just spam healing the tank, and on smaller fates just dot everything you see. It seems to be an issue with just that FATE from what i have encountered.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Escalith Bell
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 32
    Fates aren't only hate based.

There are alot of things you can do that allow you to get gold.

Tagging a boss first = Gold (You literally don't have to do anything else)
    Tagging 20% of all mobs = Gold
    Spamming Instants on ~ 30% of the mobs for 50% of the fate duration = Gold
    Spamming Aero on a single mob till OoM = Gold

Of course you can try to heal, but that means you'll have to kite a ton of things usually.
    Or you can spam other spells, but Aero is the least mana intense.
    (2)
    Last edited by Escalith; 09-17-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jin Rahk
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I do just fine. I've also gotten a few of the minions he drops after the FATE is over.

Just throw those instant dots.
    (0)
    Last edited by Azuvidexus; 09-17-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast