Hybrid View

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70

SCH here need help... With my Fairies. Plea for help....

Not sure if I'm the only one but here goes..

I'm having this "Murder Fairy" problem. My 2 Fairies are, well, seems relatively out to get me.

They actually got these small fairy stilettos hidden on them. time and time again, during my CM and AK runs I come across them overcuring the tanks so they can tank the mobs for a cheap thrill or flying in front of a Garlean guard and stabbing him in the eyes!

They seem to dance around heavy fighting so the blood actually gets onto them! You should see their grin on their faces....

I dare not tell them off for fear they might murder me in my sleep.

Most recently, I notice that they are giving me the looks, and talking to my Minions, namely, Beady eye and Baby imp, all that strange laughter. Not sure what they are planning.

Is there anything I could do on my side to save my relationship with my Faires?

Or Should I strike first?
    (11)
    Heli's Black Market open for business. Sells black market items for your exotic needs.

closed for business till further notice

Player
    Character
    Galen Amaranthe
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Funny how the powerful casters of Nym disappeared... but the fairies remain.... always remain...always watching...
    (5)

Character
    Dee Loe
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't understand...are you asking how to control the fairies? Use pet commands. Is there a real point to this? RP makes me facedesk so hard.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Snuggles Unicorn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They can't overcure the tanks. Embrace won't heal enough to pull threat.

Your problem is Eos. Stop using Eos. You can't control Whispering Dawn and, especially in CM, she will pop it immediately if it's on CD. That HoT on 8 players + pets is what pulls threat. Besides, Selene is prettier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rheon Aether
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Hotkey "Obey" to a mousebutton.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kudo Nomi
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    every sch knows that teh fairy ai is absolutely garbage. Its one of the reasons why i think sch is not as good of a healer as a whm. If you had fully control over the fairy things would be a little different or if you could lach the fairy on one specific target things would be different, alas this isnt the case.

The only real tip i can give you is to bind embrace to a key that is easily spammed. If you do this you can control to a point where the fairy casts his spells. Though keep in mind even with the 2nd GCD the fairy gets with his spells, you cant manually cast embrace or any other fairy spell while you are in the middle of casting your self. you must use embrace before any other healing spell.
    (0)
    Last edited by abeltensor; 10-02-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alter Kerl
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 1
    Controlling the faerie is actually super easy once you get used to it.

Hotkey "Steady", "Embrace", "Follow" and "Place" in easy to get to locations (I use control keys for them).

Between every fight, activate follow, so the pet will follow you, and "Steady". With Steady active, the faerie will cast ONLY embrace and nothing else. The aggro drawer for Faerie is the AOE heal over time, so you want to keep that in check at first.

When combat starts, place your faerie near the tank, somewhere behind or beside the mobs being fought. Once the faerie is in place, force it to cast "embrace" on the tank. Remember- YOU force it to cast that embrace. Yes, it will normally cast that on its own, but upon being given a command by you it will immediately remove itself from the "Steady" command and begin casting its other skills on its own.

At this point, it will immediately cast all 3 of its major skills (the 2 buffs and then AOE regen). It will then, being placed appropriately near the tank, start autohealing the tank and anyone near the tank. At this point you can forget about it until combat is over. It will do a pretty decent job there
    (0)
    Last edited by Tolmos; 10-03-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alistair Adfectus
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Once in AK Selene was too busy staring at Ifrit-Egi to heal people.

WAKE UP GIRL, IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN. D:
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Your fairy is actually totally controllable as Tolmos said. You can skip the manual embrace and go right to the triggering of the healing buff if embrace is cooling down already and she will then use regen auto. Resetting her to steady to manually use the regen is very potent (particularly on titan and later).

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with fairy ai, you just have to controll those abilities as though they were your own (cus they are).

Only problem with fairies is the whole, will only cast at reduced range on their own thing. Wish they would fix that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cost Pearce
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Bind Embrace to alt+q. Bind Steady to alt+w. Bind Physick to alt+e. Roll through the whole key combination every time you want to manually use Embrace. If you do this correctly, you should be able to manually embrace but prevent Eos from using Whispering Dawn until you command it.

Also, it can be better to trigger the Eos' healing buff than Whispering Dawn, as this will ensure you get a more powerful Whispering Dawn, as opposed to her automatically casting the heal buff after WD. However, the heal buff has a 90 second cooldown opposed to WD's 60-second cooldown, so you don't want to gimp yourself by taking WD off the hotbar.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast