Player
    Character
    Elu Zaltana
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    Let us be patient and have trust in Yoshi San and the team. I do and hope we can wait together.
    Keep dreaming, this game is done. /everything.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sienna Akhabila
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I'm not going to have any friends still interested in the game by the time we're able play on the same world, and if I do I might not have anything left to do with them.
    The world and legacy restrictions prevented people and their friends from rolling on the same world in the first place, so it's not an optional service but an essential one, and it's already been delayed for a month now.
    This is, to put it simply, completely unacceptable
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fydor Sackett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I apologize that we are starting to leave the beginning of October and head into the middle of the month and that information on the world transfer service is late. The development team is in the midst of finalizing the implementation date, so unfortunately I am not able to inform you of a specific date when this will be available just yet.

I believe we will be able to make announcement very soon about the start date, and I will be sure to let you all know as soon as I can.
    Called it.

My main irritation is not the delay, its the bread crumbs. If we're a month away, two months away, a year.....say it, these vague 15 dayish windows are not helpful. I want to be able to plan, do I do up a alt on the server I want to go to? Do I keep knocking on this guy? As a player, this really sets me up for doubting SE in the future when the use terms like "soon".

As to the non-stop apologising, my dad used to say, "don't say sorry, just don't do it."
    (6)
    Last edited by Mordicai; 10-09-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Septimus Atumre
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I've solved the mystery. The whole purpose of turning off the servers and rebuilding the game from the ground up into something that is dynamic, fun, and immensely entertaining was a giant troll job. You see, the Devs don't want you to play with your friends, they keep promising world transfers but really it is just to make everyone sad and lonely. That's right, a company spent millions of dollars reworking a game just as a sick, twisted joke. If it wasn't, they would have all of their staff working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week to convenience me in a video game.

OK, see that above paragraph, that is sarcasm. Unfortunately, a lot of people in this thread sound like that, but in a non-sarcastic way. There are real-world reasons as to why they cannot do everything at once: man-power limits as the prime example. There is only so much staff who can work so many hours a day on any problem, staff that have other duties to perform. I am not saying this with any particular knowledge about how FFXIV is being developed, this is how pretty much every business everywhere in the history of ever works.
    (4)
    Last edited by Septimus; 10-09-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Adding more to it.

Player
    Character
    Fydor Sackett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 52
    You are most definately not wrong. That being said this, like any other buisness, has to suffer the consequences on not delivering a product on schedule. The frustrating part is they are the ones setting the schedule so there is no real reason that they can't build a fudge factor into it (worst case scenario would be a early delivery and extra happy customers).

Consumers in the MMORPG industry are used to accepting these things, but for SE they have a opportunity here that no other MMO has gotten. A second chance. It would be a shame if they lost support from the fanbase over a lack of accurate and timely communications.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Bit frustrating... I regret advising my friends to join, we are on 3 different servers...
    Told them they could transfer soon but still no date so they level on their side and me on mine...
    Well hopefully we can meet for Coil of Bahamut...
    (0)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

7. 10-09-2013 12:25 PM

Player
    Character
    Side Kick
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    obviously enough people renewed their subs it wasn't a concern.
    lets see how people feel after another month of standing around running the same dungeons and the same fates over and over
    (2)
    .111958 percent shy

Player
    Character
    Detroit Slums
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I apologize that we are starting to leave the beginning of October and head into the middle of the month and that information on the world transfer service is late. The development team is in the midst of finalizing the implementation date, so unfortunately I am not able to inform you of a specific date when this will be available just yet.

I believe we will be able to make announcement very soon about the start date, and I will be sure to let you all know as soon as I can.
    Hey, how about the content every few months? We have one dungeon to run 8 times a week and another dungeon to run as many times as we can handle before wanting to kill ourselves for taking part in such a poorly designed "gearing" game. I guess that is a tall order to ask considering this game's re-launch was garbage, the updates are non-existent/garbage, the server lag is still garbage, and you have no dates to give us on server transfers(which are a month late already). Is the FC recruitment tool still being released in the next six to eight months? Is the Lodestone going to be fixed so I can actually search for people and FC's without getting blank returns? I know it seems kind've harsh, but theres a lot of people standing around waiting on more content, a way to transfer servers to join a non-garbage FC, and a way to search for those FC's. And we are getting pretty bored of grinding AK 8 times a week for the next....5-6 months? Oh dem armors!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    there are not much to do once you hit level 50, grind grind grind grind till your eyes bleed out. I wish they have more variety of endgame dungeons.
    ^ Yay, I kill the same 3 bosses 24 times a week. I don't even run CM anymore so I pretty much sit in queue all day for AK while I listen to people in shout rage about how Titan pugs are garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Wing View Post
    In the Japanese forum I guess the staff just said that it would be ready in 15 Oct. if no serious bug is found. Have to wait for their confirmation though
    Quotes or didn't happen.
    (0)
    Last edited by Detroit2487; 10-09-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Wing
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    In the Japanese forum I guess the staff just said that it would be ready in 15 Oct. if no serious bug is found. Have to wait for their confirmation though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Umbra Sanctum
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    6 days till world transfers deadline.
    (0)

Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast