Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kite Azureflame
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    what about people who are on legacy servers who are not legacy players? cant be too hard to figure out who started in 1.0 and who started in ARR. only reason im the realm im on was because it was the first open one I found, with the plan to server transfer as soon as it opened up. if I knew about this, I would have chosen a different server
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Romowens01 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Legacy to New World is a bad idea?

Only thing I can think of is gil. But wouldn't the cap remedy that?

OK so you can buy expensive items with gil over the cap and resell. What's to stop others going from New to New doing the same? Why not impose some sort of cap on that what will transfer to only able to transfer Ex items? That way the AF, Primal Weapons and other like items will transfer. At least it's giving Legacy an option.
    Already tried that. Didn't come off as a very popular idea. :/ Hopefully SE will come up with a suggestion for us, though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dorion Nightwalker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    So because I payed for this game back when it was a piece of shit I don't get to move to the same server as my friends? It doesn't even make sense given they plan to place restrictions on the amount of gil you can bring over.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Minty Monty
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoZehel View Post
    You apparently did not read the entirety of this thread. There were transfers announced for the beginning of October with first 5 days free.
    You're right I didn't.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kekepero Momopero
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
    In the future, we will look at economic conditions on new Worlds and plan on making it possible to transfer from Legacy Worlds to new Worlds; however, this option will not be available at the start of the World Transfer Service.
    Bull. Shit.
    Players on highly congested Legacy worlds get to stay there even longer. And not join their friends on other worlds. Nice.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Marledia Nadine
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorion View Post
    So because I payed for this game back when it was a piece of shit I don't get to move to the same server as my friends? It doesn't even make sense given they plan to place restrictions on the amount of gil you can bring over.
    I hear ya. Funny how being Legacy has stopped feeling like a bonus. Uprooting several of my friends makes a lot more sense than just letting me move to them, right? If I accept the thanks that Legacy status was supposed to bring, I have to become a jerk who screws over all of my friends in the process. Awesome way to give a gift, guys. Thanks.

With transfers between legacy and non-legacy servers only going one way, I hope that they're also going to be making more legacy servers. Otherwise we get double screwed by this.

In the future, we will look at economic conditions on new Worlds and plan on making it possible to transfer from Legacy Worlds to new Worlds; however, this option will not be available at the start of the World Transfer Service.
    Economic conditions? Need I remind you that it was only a couple of weeks ago that measures had to be introduced to relieve the economic stress of ALL servers due to a game-wide gil shortage? (Yes, Legacy players were bled dry by repairs by then too.) I'm pretty sure that the emergency gil patch that we received already speaks for you being well aware of economic conditions. But let's just forget the fact that all servers have relatively little gil now. Let's ignore how new servers especially are in desperate need of some economic stimulation. Let's brush all of that under the rug and act like the great gil depression of a whopping two weeks ago never happened, so we can make people believe that introducing money to suffering economies is a bad idea. Really now? Where is the sense in this? I'd really like to see some data backing up the claim that this type of transfer would be a bad idea. You showed us a chart comparing the level distribution of new and Legacy servers. When can we see a chart showing the average player gil in both economies?

If the economy is truly a concern of yours, try sticking it to the RMT accounts before they can level their teleporting bots to 50, or before you let them spend 72 hours shout spamming in the game's most populated areas without anyone monitoring them. Taking the economy issues out on your 1.0 loyals like this is not the way to fix things. It only screws over our friends, crowds our servers, and prevents us from stimulating hurting economies.
    (16)
    Last edited by Raymeo; 10-02-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Serenity Grace
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Good news, at last i can play with good latency in JP server soon
    (1)

8. 10-02-2013 01:07 PM

Player
    Character
    Aishteru Shadowcroft
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    So my question is if an entire FC moves from one server to another will we lose our company chest items and money associated with it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tabby Cat
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 29
    So is it anyone in a legacy world cannot transfer to a regular world or legacy players?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bauchelain Md
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    What happens if I decide to move to server X and there is no character there named as my character. Will I not be able to change my character`s name?
    (0)

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast