Player
    Character
    Elegance Ebonheart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mychael View Post
    I had to re-hire and re-name them, but they kept items. I assume they'll do the same thing, I'm just secretly sad I'll have to rename my retainers...not that anyone will ever actually get to see their names. (*crosses fingers for having them in player housing*)
    Ah alrighty, yea that would be nice, for people to see my retainers running about once we get our houses eventually :P
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sibeusky Rum
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 44
    Oh boo... no Legacy->New world transfer at the start... so it won't be a free world transfer for me to join my friends in other world then...
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Rabs Ale
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 32
    Thankfully all of my friends ended up the same server, but reading this I think it would be nice to give people a heads up with at least a rough idea of the gil cap. Is it around 50,000? 100,000? 500,000? 1,000,000+?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbio View Post
    Thankfully all of my friends ended up the same server, but reading this I think it would be nice to give people a heads up with at least a rough idea of the gil cap. Is it around 50,000? 100,000? 500,000? 1,000,000+?
    One could conceivably circumvent the gil cap by buying expensive items and reselling them after transfer. Just saying.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Great.

Now just a question of when and how much.
    (0)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Rabs Ale
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 32
    One could conceivably circumvent the gil cap by buying expensive items and reselling them after transfer. Just saying.
    Oh certainly. But I think it would be nicer to people to be able to plan which items (and roughly how many) to pick up before they hit the Mog Station and it warns them they will lose money...

I just think a system isn't implemented properly if you have to go 90% in to find the final restrictions, cancel your transaction, log into the game to remedy the restriction, and then try again.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbio View Post
    Oh certainly. But I think it would be nicer to people to be able to plan which items (and roughly how many) to pick up before they hit the Mog Station and it warns them they will lose money...

I just think a system isn't implemented properly if you have to go 90% in to find the final restrictions, cancel your transaction, log into the game to remedy the restriction, and then try again.
    Agreed. Even if they try to conceal it, though, we'll all know via these forums (and others) within minutes.

That said, I would guess it'll be in the official lodestone announcement.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leander Hammerfist
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I wonder if there will be a few days of free transfers when Legacy -> New world transfers will be avaiable too...
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Shaddix Box
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 29
    unless all the items are worth 50% less gil on the destination world. or maybe gil is just worth 50% more... whichever way you want to look at it..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lil Demon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 73
    Can someone explain to me why Legacy to New World is a bad idea?

Only thing I can think of is gil. But wouldn't the cap remedy that?

OK so you can buy expensive items with gil over the cap and resell. What's to stop others going from New to New doing the same? Why not impose some sort of cap on that what will transfer to only able to transfer Ex items? That way the AF, Primal Weapons and other like items will transfer. At least it's giving Legacy an option.
    (9)

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast