Thread: Timeworn maps

Player
    Character
    Gogo Gogo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    Fishermen got screwed on this one. Botanist and Miner can pick and choose what map they want, Fisherman can not. Fished my first map (boarskin) and mined my second (peisteskin, after turning down a boarskin map), will not fish a map ever again with the current set up. And here I thought I would have a nice reason to fill up the fishing log and achievements...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shinonome Sanada
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Didn't the patch notes say that each type of map is gotten in a specific area? So technically, you should have control over what you want, it's just that you need to be careful of where you fish.

Timeworn Leather Map: Level 40 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes.
    Timeworn Goatskin Map: Level 45 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes.
    Timeworn Toadskin Map: Level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (South Umbral Isles and Rathefrost only)
    Timeworn Boarskin Map: Level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (Reaver Hide and the Tangle only)
    Timeworn Peisteskin Map: Level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (Lake Tahtotl, Parata's Peace, and the North Shards only).
    Or are they lying? :P
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Purgatory Kampfer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    To get these maps...just mine, or botany (not sure about fishing) lvl 50 nodes...(I am sure you can do this with lower level nodes...but why?)

First time I tried...I got it a Boarskin on my first try (mor dhona).... Second try I wanted to grab a Piesteskin to do with my FC...took about 10 minutes of mining and not hitting a few single player maps. (Northern Thanalan---Cobalt Ore area)

Now once you get a map... it will tell you that you need to decipher!

To Decipher, you will need to go on a quest line. This quest line starts in Eastern La Nos, right outside the area that most people would fix their gear before or during Coil in Wineport.

After you complete this simple quest line...you have the ability to Decipher and Dig. (these will be in your normal abilities tab on the menu)

Decipher the Map...UNDERSTAND THIS. The Map is a ZOOMED IN version of the map that the treasure is on. Just look at it and compare it to the main map to determine where the treasure is.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by inter View Post
    Fishermen got screwed on this one. Botanist and Miner can pick and choose what map they want, Fisherman can not. Fished my first map (boarskin) and mined my second (peisteskin, after turning down a boarskin map), will not fish a map ever again with the current set up. And here I thought I would have a nice reason to fill up the fishing log and achievements...
    I have all 3 DoL jobs at 50, and I get my maps fishing. I went to cobalt mining area first, spent about 10 minutes and turned down 5 Toadskin maps, said screw this and spent about 2 minutes fishing at North Shards to get a Peisteskin.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sefiria Satara
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Really quite disappointed with this feature... Hopeful for expansion in the future, but right now it is really quite limited;
    • The rewards aren't particularly great, the gear rewards border on worthless given how easy it is to obtain better gear from dungeons.
    • The 18 lock out per character is a bit excessive, should be per DoL in my opinion (and should be added to the Timers menu). If it already is I am extremely unlucky...
    • They're unique, which makes gathering a lot to burn through a pain. Getting one every 18 hours and doing it really isn't worthwhile for my group, given how quick they are to burn through.
    • The hunt itself is pathetic, the map tells you what zone to look in and with that information it's just far to easy. Remove the indication of zone and it'll actually feel more like a hunt, not quite Chocograph level, but close.
    • The enemies themselves are weak, but that isn't so much of a problem for now given the level of rewards.

I'd really like to see Treasure Chests from this providing additional Maps, probably of a higher tier, with the enemies guarding the chest eventually rising to Dhorme Chimera level difficulty. It's a fun little event for now, but I just feel it could be so much more...
    (4)
    Last edited by Sotek; 12-20-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I'm pretty sure the 18 hours due to mine bots.

If you have multiple people in your group gathering maps, you can get 2 each of the peisteskin. Each person can carry two; use one to get the key item, then get the 2nd. You might even be able to collect 6-8 of them up yourself, then take a party of 3-4 out. I'm not sure if the sale slots on retainers count towards the unique counter.

Yeah the enemies are definitely too weak, I went out with a party of 8 and there was no challenge at all. It was about the difficulty level of a 45-50 FATE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Augustus Stormborne
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 18 hours due to mine bots.

If you have multiple people in your group gathering maps, you can get 2 each of the peisteskin. Each person can carry two; use one to get the key item, then get the 2nd. You might even be able to collect 6-8 of them up yourself, then take a party of 3-4 out. I'm not sure if the sale slots on retainers count towards the unique counter.

Yeah the enemies are definitely too weak, I went out with a party of 8 and there was no challenge at all. It was about the difficulty level of a 45-50 FATE.

I'm confused, I thought you could only find 1 map every 18 hours (if you actually gather it and not skip to get higher tier).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Somna Sleepwalker
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by inter View Post
    Like the instructions say, if you want to fish Peisteskin Maps, you need to go to Lake Tahtotl, Parata's Peace, or North Shards fishing spots ONLY.

If anything, Fishers can eliminate the other level 50 maps at their spots. They certainly didn't get screwed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustusSB View Post
    I'm confused, I thought you could only find 1 map every 18 hours (if you actually gather it and not skip to get higher tier).
    The 18 hour timer is from when you gather one, until you can gather the next one. You decipher one into a key item, have one on each retainer, and one in your inventory, so you can personally have 4 peisteskin maps at a single time. Did a run of 4 of these earlier today, myself as blm with a healer and a tank, took about half an hour and was easy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I'm really enjoying it so far, actually. A nice change-up. Good to have another way to get tomes, even if it is just a handful.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast