The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    That is why no one killed them.

Killing them once in a while
    We ran Jorm many, many times. Half the time we took groups of 8, or 6 just to see if we could do it. Several shells killed Vrtra regularly. And this was only on the Ramuh server!

I liked to kill Hydra on the fly when we were passing by because it was fun.

You can keep on all you want, but I am not the only one posting about how fun HNM's are, even though you refuse to see the other posts and try to keep up your illiterate rant on how no one likes them.

Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean we don't
    (2)
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; 03-29-2012 at 07:47 AM.
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Tsubaki Nakatsu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    We killed CoP Wyrms, HQ Ground Kings, ToAU Kings and randoms like KV/CC for YEARS. The only thing that got old was the 3 hour window each day. Bring this stuff back because it gave the community a reason to compete outside of world firsts.
    (4)
    www.bluegarter.guildwork.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    Look at you... Just when I thought I liked Carraway more (and Fusional A LOT LESS)... Richard... you're my new favorite

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    No one kills the WNMs now (save for dodore cuz of his "OP" drop), yes people still kill them rarely... if you're gonna nitpick on stuff like this it makes it look like you have no info that's true so you're doing stuff like that instead. Vrtra dropped cashmere... just like an instanced fight so people had a choice. Cashemere selling for millions in FFXI is pretty good motivation no? they didn't kill Vrtra just to kill it. And Vrtra still sat up most of the time due to the BC fight being easier. Zerg somethin to death rq? np! If you were satisfied with these types of -kill something just to kill it- fights you'd be happy with the way WNMs work now, which obviously, you are not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tsubaki Nakatsu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Your argument completely nullifies itself as long as SE makes the drops worthwhile, even if that means that they are just gil farm HNM. That's OK and the community will do it and enjoy it regardless. This game is fully instanced based and the community on each server is secluded to their own little worlds of AV/CC.

This game needs large scale PVE and it needs epic world boss fights that aren't on 600 bajillion hour timers.
    (4)
    Look at you... Just when I thought I liked Carraway more (and Fusional A LOT LESS)... Richard... you're my new favorite

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    U/U gear drops are for $ unless people try to be asses like they did with HNM items. "You want it? 2 million or it goes to the floor". HNM for HNM sake don't even need to have good drops, or if they have good drops make them equal to instanced. It gives options to people about how to enjoy the game, idk why HNM needs to have the end all OP items. That is boring, played-out, and invites terrible player behavior. Yes, SE has to protect people from their own stupidity, greed, and everything else or you'll just end up with the same hostile environment that XI had. So far they've done a good job of it, they need to keep at it.

This is all stuff I've said before. People who just want OP items, admit that's all you want and could care less where they're from as long as you get it and other people can't.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Who cares what a persons or groups motivation is to kill a NM/HNM... Many want that kind of activity and that should be reason enough to include them in the game. If I don't fancy killing them I wont. Simple as that.

They do need to be implemented well to prevent them being overly monopolized but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater....

Also, I went and killed WNMs just last night, but I am probably "No one".

Player
    Character
    Tsubaki Nakatsu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    This is all stuff I've said before. People who just want OP items, admit that's all you want and could care less where they're from as long as you get it and other people can't.
    I want fights that are massive in scale and feel epic in the world. I want to have other linkshells spread around you while you take down a huge dragon out in the world as opposed to nerds sitting in their basements watching your livestream of an instance. I want server community where linkshells come together to physically compete with one another. AND YEAH I want some fking Herald's Gaiters along the way. What's so wrong with that?

Don't tell us what WE want like you even have a clue. Get off your whiteknight tangent and get off this thread.

All YOU want is to limit this game's unlimited potential for awesome content in the future.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yes, SE has to protect people from their own stupidity, greed, and everything else or you'll just end up with the same hostile environment that XI had. So far they've done a good job of it, they need to keep at it.

After 1 year of release, in 2004 Final Fantasy XI had 190,000 subscriptions.

Final Fantasy XIV has less than 10,000. They are doing a good job huh? You should really re-think your argument.

And your ridiculous spiel on how people only want drops that others can't get... People want the drops because they are good, and will make a good player even better.

A warrior on haubergeon does good damage, a warrior in Adaman hauberk does even better damage. It's simple math and statistics, proven time and time again.

I don't know why you can't understand what we are after, and even with multiple people trying to explain it to you, you still fail to comprehend.

As I have said many many time now, lets try to keep this thread free of people complaining, and focus more on how we can broaden the horizons regarding the idea of "HNM's" so that they can be of interest to more than one group of players.

Yes, even you Peptaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta_Sumasu View Post
    Also, I went and killed WNMs just last night, but I am probably "No one".
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Blah blah blah I still won't admit it.
    At least Richard did, gj BG guy. thumbs up to you!
    To Yelta, I bet it was sitting out, no competition for it so you got to enjoy it right away, right?
    Patriarch you fail to comprehend that people won't be able to get things due to monopolization, not due to lack of effort or skill. You just want content that lets you say eff you to other players who want the things you'll try to monopolize. That isn't a good gaming environment and that's why its not in here already.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    At least Richard did, gj BG guy. thumbs up to you!
    To Yelta, I bet it was sitting out, no competition for it so you got to enjoy it right away, right?
    Patriarch you fail to comprehend that people won't be able to get things due to monopolization, not due to lack of effort or skill. You just want content that lets you say eff you to other players who want the things you'll try to monopolize. That isn't a good gaming environment and that's why its not in here already.
    Respond with quotes that you edited despite that fact that the person you quoted never said that..

screams maturity and also heightens the strength of your argument.
    (0)

Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast