Player
    Character
    Davion Crismorn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

PvP in ff14

There will never be PvP in this game. Were getting instanced fights against pre set teams with equal numbers on either side with absolutely nothing to lose upon defeat.

Look elsewhere if you are looking for PvP
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    As far as I can tell, Wolves Den meets the definition of Player Vs Player battles. Number of players and the ability to gank loot from other players has nothing to do with PvP per say.
    (24)

Character
    Noel Kreiss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Well...PvP = Player v. Player.
    That's what we'll be doing lmao, but it looks like crap.
    I'm more interested in Fort Sieges.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Raito Izumi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Davionx View Post
    There will never be PvP in this game. Were getting instanced fights against pre set teams with equal numbers on either side with absolutely nothing to lose upon defeat.

Look elsewhere if you are looking for PvP
    You mistook PvP with PK.
    PvP = challenging others on equal terms, fighting for glory. And there will be pvp ranks.
    PK = bullying the weak
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Gorgeous George
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    No worries bro, the underlying "unresponsive gameplay" that requires precise control for optimal play will kill PvP before anything like you describe happens.

Spam an ability that uses the GCD after triggering an ability off the GCD and vice versa. Notice how the animations and triggers don't behave as they should.

Couple this with manic PvP button mashing and you have a recipe for fail. Imagine spamming your trinket in WoW to break CC, having the trinket go off and the CC not break. Sounds like fun, huh?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Eddard Moore
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Back to Aion then :<
    (0)

Player

Player VS Player. It's this game's own balanced version of PVP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Semir No'haelis
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I positively cannot stand people like the OP. I've been a huge PvP advocate going all the way back to Ultima Online and I'm here to tell you that you don't need to lose anything to make it PvP.

I love open PK hardcore games as well but I respect that the FF franchise may not be the best medium for that type of combat. It's a lot of fun managing an effective server shutdown or boss lockout. Been there, done that and honestly - I sort of like kicking back in FF.

I look forward to good, balanced PvP in Wolves Den. Players always make more surprising and cunning opponents. That's what PvP is all about. Hopefully, Yoshi and team put the proper incentives in place to have the kind of constantly evolving challenge that makes it so fun.

The whole "Fresh Meat" naming system is utterly awful. If anything concerns me about the general ethos of PvP in FFXIV - it's that.
    (16)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    oh give me a break... The primary appeal of the concept of player vs player, which is battling against unpredictable opponents who behave differently from normal enemies, is still there. You don't need names or oddball team comps to have pvp and it will still be fun to play if you're into that sort of thing.

So yes, there will be pvp in the game. Whether you *like* it or not is up to you but it most certainly will exist.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I do not believe that PVP will work in this game. There should rather be no PVP than broken PVP. =(
    Yes, I play from Europe and I have 100 - 110 MS when pinging to FFXIV servers but this game still feels 10 times more unresponsive than other games.. And I used to play L2 with 300ms lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast