Thread: PvP in ff14

Player
    Character
    Gorgeous George
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    And ever notice the delay between the cast bar filling, the animation going off and the spell actually damaging stuff?

This will be really neat in PvP if there are line of sight obstacles like doors, pillars, etc.

e.g. a whm can stand behind a pillar or next to a doorway, out of LoS, start casting holy and then in the half second or so between the animation going off and the spell hitting run into a crowd of enemies and hit them with it. Any non-target AOE can be used this way: Holy, Blizzard II, Medica, Succor, etc.

e.g. cast a spell and at end of cast move, wherever you are when the animation is done is where the attack occurs, it doesn't matter where you were standing when you actually cast the spell.

Try it. Cast Holy, Blizzard II, etc. When the cast is *just* about to end, run to a different spot while the animation is going off. Wherever you end up is where the spell goes off. So a group of people can stand behind a pillar or next to a door, all start casting and then run into the enemies (through the door, from behind the column) and hit them with spells in the time between the cast bar filling and the animation ending.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Daenerys Sedai
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    not to troll or qq or anything like that, but for those so upset by the yet-to-be-implemented-pvp*-system in FFXIV, why not just jump to a fighting game? You lose out on the group aspect etc., but the genre seems to have all the aspects you guys are looking for in PvP.
    (5)
    Server: Sargatanas || Main Job: Scholar || Chocobo: Bonchon

Player
    Character
    Lady Zola
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Why do you tell lies?

PVP is one thing, the fact that you don't like pvp in this game is a different matter.

Who looks for pvp ina FF game anyway?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Gorgeous George
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by StrejdaTom View Post
    I do not believe that PVP will work in this game. There should rather be no PVP than broken PVP. =(
    Yes, I play from Europe and I have 100 - 110 MS when pinging to FFXIV servers but this game still feels 10 times more unresponsive than other games.. And I used to play L2 with 300ms lol.
    You aren't alone. Everyone is at to 300ms.
    (1)

Player

I'm a player. Hitting and taking hits from another... player.

Not PvP, eh?
    (4)
    "Absurdity is the only reality."
    ~Frank Zappa

Player
    Character
    Malachi Draven
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Lol, I'm pretty sure that Wolves' Den counts as PvP. I mean it's Players...fighting...yep, you guessed it - other Players.

Actually I'm quite looking forward to it. I hear it's going to have 30 Ranks to go up in, and also special abilities that are purchased with PvP Points.

Now the only question is whether or not it'll have a tournament system and/or seasons.
    (2)
    www.RadioXIV.com

Tune In: Winamp | iTunes | Windows Media Player | RealPlayer | QuickTime | Android | iPhone

Player
    Character
    Semir No'haelis
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonlinear314 View Post
    e.g. a whm can stand behind a pillar or next to a doorway, out of LoS, start casting holy and then in the half second or so between the animation going off and the spell hitting run into a crowd of enemies and hit them with it. Any non-target AOE can be used this way: Holy, Blizzard II, Medica, Succor, etc.
    Do you even read what you type? You can't slide cast that hard in this game due to server side process. Yes, you can get the ANIMATION phased significantly. Yet the actual damage radius will be behind you. I like slidecasting my BLM Blizzard II, but you can't significantly move the AoE location.

You make it sound like you can run darn near across a room while slidecasting an AoE. Ummm, no.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I think that no one bought this game for PVP but if they are going to add PVP they should do it properly. You cant argument that we have no right to criticise it because this is PVE game. This game has serious problems which will probably ruin PVP? Fine, dont add it to game then.

In my opinion No PVP >>> Poorly working PVP, but yeah, maybe they will surprise me and in Wolves Den there will be no animation, delay etc. issues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Semir No'haelis
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by StrejdaTom View Post
    I think that no one bought this game for PVP but if they are going to add PVP they should do it properly. You cant argument that we have no right to criticise it because this is PVE game. This game has serious problems which will probably ruin PVP? Fine, dont add it to game then.

In my opinion No PVP >>> Poorly working PVP, but yeah, maybe they will surprise me and in Wolves Den there will be no animation, delay etc. issues.
    Personally speaking, any game that works on a gear treadmill absolutely must have PvP. Otherwise, what's the gear used for? Making all of the content you already cleared easier?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Neon Sea
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys_Sedai View Post
    not to troll or qq or anything like that, but for those so upset by the yet-to-be-implemented-pvp*-system in FFXIV, why not just jump to a fighting game? You lose out on the group aspect etc., but the genre seems to have all the aspects you guys are looking for in PvP.
    People don't want to put in the time, it takes months to even get coherent in fighting games and years to finally understand high level play. The pay out for learning them is amazing though, endless leveling up and a whole new world of competition opens up
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast