Player
    Character
    Rezzo Redpriest
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
    Will Windows Phone users be getting Libra Eorzea? We do not even have the One Time Password App!!!!...
    I too would love to see this ported to Windows Phone 8. I currently use a Nokia Lumia 928, and after using both iPhone and Android platforms, in addition to Blackberry, I can say they all have their good and bad. Currently I'm sticking with the Windows 8 mobile platform and would love to see this and other Square Enix apps on Windows 8 mobile!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Snowshoe Tigerborn
    World
    Titan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    You can buy some cheap iPod touch to use the app for the time being.
    I have an Android phone and a 5G iPod touch for apps and games that don't get ported to android, and I'd say that's it's pretty handy to have a separate device for miscellaneous apps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mushy Tailspin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesmart View Post
    Seems like Square Enix missed out on a noticeable chunk of the smartphone population. Perhaps post this in the feedback forums?
    Where is the feedback forum? I only see one for website feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Schdawn View Post
    You can buy some cheap iPod touch to use the app for the time being.
    I have an Android phone and a 5G iPod touch for apps and games that don't get ported to android, and I'd say that's it's pretty handy to have a separate device for miscellaneous apps.
    I live on a budget.. If I wanted to do something like this I would just buy an Android tablet. I live pay check to pay check mostly, so it would be nice if SE just supported WP8/Windows RT with their apps. Like I said the market share is growing rapidly(websites report this from information gathered by carriers for accuracy.)
    I am not going to buy an iAnything because it is over priced, underpowered. Example iPod & Zune. Which I did own both, Zune was hands down the winner with better tech, higher quality sound, and video hardware and codecs. It had better control, and for modders ran games really well. Zune is off the market now, and well worth getting a 100gb version if you are an audiophile. While the hardware for Zune is gone it is not dead, Zune is now in the Windows Phone which is why I think they discontinued it. It still uses the Zune software similar to iPods/iPhone iTunes. I am not a sucker, I buy quality over brand when I do spend my dollars, which I think Apple fans are starting to realize...
    (0)
    Last edited by Mushy; 09-11-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    MAGIC MUSHY ROOMS

4. 09-11-2013 08:05 AM
    Reason
    put it in the post above

Player
    Character
    Mushy Tailspin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
    To be fair, a barely noticeable chunk.

I kid, I kid (sort of)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I too would love to see this ported to Windows Phone 8. I currently use a Nokia Lumia 928, and after using both iPhone and Android platforms, in addition to Blackberry, I can say they all have their good and bad. Currently I'm sticking with the Windows 8 mobile platform and would love to see this and other Square Enix apps on Windows 8 mobile!
    This is happening like I posted before, about my friends and I. People that switch to WP stick with WP even when they have a chance to switch back through contract. So new people come, and they stay.. Give it time to happen!
    (0)
    MAGIC MUSHY ROOMS

Player
    Character
    Delok Omoide
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 25
    Not everyone has an iPhone, iPad or iPod aka Apple thingy.. They will probably make this application for Windows and Android(!) as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chance Skeleton
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 34
    Windows Phone represent. Lumia 520 here. We are definitely fucked on most apps though, especially niche ones like this.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mushy Tailspin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakarnRosewood View Post
    Wow, you sure missed the part where that was a joke...

No, never touched a windows phone personally and as for Xbox, I've never had an interest in the system. Anything good on Xbox is also for either PC or Playstation, so why would i buy another console. Glad you like it though, I know many do. Hope they get Libra Eorzea working on all smart devices, It just comes with time. Apple is the easiest platform to make this on so its either delay its release until everyone uses it or release it for each platform as it comes out. I'd prefer the latter.

EDIT:

Sorry for even saying anything. I have obviously touched a highly sensitive nerve. I deeply apologize if my sense of humor has bothered you.

I'm sorry it just stinks Windows phone is left out for most things(though the smart companies are already developing for it.) SE just isn't one of them. When you have the best smart phone, but have to miss out on cool apps like Libra, or important apps like the one time password(when every other MMO/Online game company releases the app for it day one) you get a little pissed at SE, and people that say get a better phone. The phone isn't the problem as I wouldn't trade it for any other smart device. You don't need a lot of the apps required by the other phones, since those things can be done with the phone without them, and the game selection is top notch with quality games from xbox market. SE just needs to get their 'stuff' together, and realize WE NEED the one time password app, and would enjoy the Libra app.

Example: WP Camera
    -looks at the cover of a book, cd, hardware box, movies, any product in some casing - shows you where to buy(online, or locally and can give directions), price compare, information on it, in the case of a movie you can select to view trailer IMDB info, music will have Zune info so you can play song samples
    -^barcode does the same as above
    -scan text and highlight it: translate to ANY language, copy it to text so you can take it from printed to text you can edit on the phone or computer since it will be there right away if you have cloud enabled
    -select find food/entertainment camera filter(2 clicks to camera and this mode) and do a 360 turn showing you all things related to what you are looking for, select for review/s, set the phone flat for a top down map
    -tons of other cool stuff! those are just some cool powerful things you can do by pointing the camera after taking it out of the box
    That is just some of the vanilla camera functionality How many apps do you need for that on iPhone/Android? quite a few
    (0)
    Last edited by Mushy; 09-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    MAGIC MUSHY ROOMS

Player
    Character
    Alyko Cautes
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    WP has about 4% of mobile market share. Don't see it happening anytime soon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Za'karn Riskbreaker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
    I'm sorry it just stinks Windows phone is left out for most things(though the smart companies are already developing for it.) SE just isn't one of them. When you have the best smart phone, but have to miss out on cool apps like Libra, or important apps like the one time password(when every other MMO/Online game company releases the app for it day one) you get a little pissed at SE, and people that say get a better phone. The phone isn't the problem as I wouldn't trade it for any other smart device. You don't need a lot of the apps required by the other phones, since those things can be done with the phone without them, and the game selection is top notch with quality games from xbox market. SE just needs to get their 'stuff' together, and realize WE NEED the one time password app, and would enjoy the Libra app.

Example: WP Camera
    -looks at the cover of a book, cd, hardware box, movies, any product in some casing - shows you where to buy(online, or locally and can give directions), price compare, information on it, in the case of a movie you can select to view trailer IMDB info, music will have Zune info so you can play song samples
    -^barcode does the same as above
    -scan text and highlight it: translate to ANY language, copy it to text so you can take it from printed to text you can edit on the phone or computer since it will be there right away if you have cloud enabled
    -select find food/entertainment camera filter(2 clicks to camera and this mode) and do a 360 turn showing you all things related to what you are looking for, select for review/s, set the phone flat for a top down map
    -tons of other cool stuff! those are just some cool powerful things you can do by pointing the camera after taking it out of the box
    That is just some of the vanilla camera functionality How many apps do you need for that on iPhone/Android? quite a few
    To let SE know there is a desire for the apps to come to windows phone is one thing, I'm sure these apps will come eventually. But to berate them and others for not sharing your preference is not necessary. As Alyko said WP has a small share of the market. Admittedly I did not know what I was talking about regarding developing apps, but the smartphone market is dominated by apple and android right now so those will come first.

Again, sorry for my poor taste in humor earlier, in my defense I clearly stated it was a joke. No need for these extensive rants to defend your position. The only comments that oppose your position are either in jest or pointing out good reasons why its not out, yet.

You made the choice to get the WP and it sounds like you have good reasons for it. I have an android, my reasons were for the wide selection of apps. That was my choice. Life is all about choices.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mocha Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesmart View Post
    Seems like Square Enix missed out on a noticeable chunk of the smartphone population. Perhaps post this in the feedback forums?
    Hardly. The mobile market currently belongs to Android and iOS. Windows and Blackberry aren't even a blip in comparison. Do YOU know anybody who owns a Windows phone? I certainly don't.
    (1)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast