Player
    Character
    Leo Vanhalen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Things i noticed in the new alpha video

While i did notice a slight dimming down of the graphics from 1.0 in the video. there were many things i saw that i liked, and also many things i just found peculiar.

First thing was the increased action pace. It was one of the things i originally hated about 1.0 but eventually got used to. I'm glad i won't have to endure it anymore. Another big thing i noticed was the spell interrupt notice. Being a main black mage, I LOOOOOVVVEEE this, quite final fantasy like too. <3.

There were also many other things i noticed in the alpha video like the reward option in quests which i think is an awesome idea.

However, the reason i made this post was not to state the obvious but to ask a question as well. I found it quite odd that while that lancer was running around a zone full of roselets, he wasn't picking up any aggro, even when at one point he ran right beside one. This makes me wonder if they are making changes to the mobs in 2.0. I'm not a hundred percent sure whether roselets are sight or sound aggro but i was expecting them to chase after the guy in the video when he got close but noticed they didn't. This makes me to wonder if popularly used ffxiv databases like mooglebox will become outdated. I thought for 2.0 they weren't gonna change much apart from graphics, gameplay and frequently complained stuff like the market. I didn't think they were gonna touch the database like recipes and mobs apart from removing dated gear and dated drops.

Also, I'd love to hear if anyone else has noticed any strange things in any of the alpha videos that I might have missed.
    (0)
    Last edited by debola; 12-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Asael K'ni'roux
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I too noticed a few thinga in the video, but the rate at which everyone is criticizing any one who has a differing opinion, I'll keep them to myself for now...as for your questions...there is a very good chance that a lot of the XIV 1.0 fansites maybe become obsolete depending on how much SE changes the game...but it shouldn't be too much of a fix to delete then add information as we go along.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edeon Vails
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    You can actually see in the video that mobs that aggro have a red icon before their name, like the slugs he was fighting.
    So yeah, I guess they changed the way mobs aggro.´
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Inaca Selenaca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Of course databases are going to become outdated, that should be a given. All the maps and mobs are different, npcs are different, I mean it's a shorter list to name things that aren't changing. The game is going through a serious transformation in all facets.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    gobbys have that aggro icon
    maybe we will hear that sound of panic when we run past them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Edge Ralliare
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The one thing I noticed was that their actors for lack of a better word play reallllly slow... that and that they need to show off some new quest mechanics sap to not be year 1 wow...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blake Ater
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 65
    I think they should have agro, maybe the sound aggro range got shorter, I remember Yoshi panicing a bit when he saw an adamantoise during that live letter (and hiding in the crowd). That or agroing was turned off since there were a few vids of the character running through gnats in the previous videos.

Aside from that, few people also pointed out that water is a knockback spell.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayto View Post
    Aside from that, few people also pointed out that water is a knockback spell.
    I saw that and it makes sense in away because its a blast of water into the mobs face and water can be use to knock things over if shot out of say a water cannon so....
    (0)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    The thing that I noticed: apparently, throwing sprinkles in the air above your head is using an ale/potion on the ground. (wtf?!)
    Hopefully we'll have proper animations for item usages and interaction with the world. I know this isn't a single player game, but that's exactly more of a reason to have better world interaction animations.
    (3)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiamiie View Post
    The thing that I noticed: apparently, throwing sprinkles in the air above your head is using an ale/potion on the ground. (wtf?!)
    Hopefully we'll have proper animations for item usages and interaction with the world. I know this isn't a single player game, but that's exactly more of a reason to have better world interaction animations.
    thats may be a bit high cost, because the objects that we will interact with is different, so there is just one generic animation for that type ( or do you mean change that generic animation?)
    (1)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast