Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    As I understand it, if you started before May 30 but are still in the free trial you need to pay for a 90-day sub to qualify for Legacy.

After June 30 they're revoking Multi-month subs likely to avoid any headaches for when they take down the servers for the 2.0 transfer.

Given that Alpha is to start in September and October marks Beta it leaves them some wiggle room.
    Alpha? There isn't going to be an alpha. The Beta is for PS3. Technically you could call the reinstated free period a "beta," but that's not what they're calling it.

----

I normally hate to ask for a community rep response, but can we PLEASE get a clarification on this issue?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-16-2012 at 08:13 AM.

First and foremost, to help clarify one of the main points of confusion that is popping up:

To be eligible for the Legacy campaign, you must pay for 90 days cumulative between January 6th and the start of version 2.0 beta testing. (As stated in the Legacy Campaign announcement)

Today's announcement was to notify players that the 90-day subscription option will be removed at the end of this month. Since that option may affect how some qualify for Legacy, we listed a few examples in the announcement.

It seems that those may have been unclear, so we prepared a more in-depth FAQ for all.

I have paid for 90 cumulative days of subscription since the start of billing; does that mean I qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    Yes. You can confirm your Legacy status using one of three methods:
    • We will periodically send out notification emails to those that qualify for the Legacy campaign.
    • The Legacy logo will be displayed when logging into the Square Enix Account Management System and visiting the "FINAL FANTASY XIV" service account section found within the "Select Service" menu.
    • The Legacy logo will be displayed in the upper left corner of the Character Select screen when logging into the game.
    I've paid for 30 cumulative days of subscription since the start of billing, what do I need to do to qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    You will need to pay a further 60 days of subscription before the start of the version 2.0 beta test to be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

I have paid for 60 cumulative days of subscription since the start of billing, what do I need to do to qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    You will need to pay a further 30 days of subscription before the start of the version 2.0 beta test to be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

I played before the start of billing and I am no longer in my 30-day Free Trial period. What do I need to do to qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    You will need to register a 90-day subscription option to your account before June 30th, 2012 to be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

I started playing in May 2012 and I am currently in my 30-day Free Trial period. What do I need to do to qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    You will need to register a 90-day subscription option to your account before June 30th, 2012 to be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

Hopefully this will clear up any questions that you all might have!
    (48)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Mirage Askai
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Well it seems like I'm in the "I've paid for 30 cumulative days of subscription since the start of billing" category, so that means I can just keep paying as before. This cleared things up for me, at least.

Thank you, Bayohne. Are you really a malboro?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    look at his avatar. of course he is.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Sevokevo Royuki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Yeah I think this announcement was just the saying that the 3 months option will be removed so that noone will cheat there way into Legacy campaign by subscribing AFTER June 30th for the 90 Day Option.

I think this removal is smart as it is to prevent people from going "OMGWTF Why did I not get Legacy when I paid the 90 days!" and start rampaging on the forums and looking like a idiot.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    But what about those of us who are on 180 day subscriptions? Our first one expires the first week of July, we're obviously all Legacy members by now... Does this still mean we will not be able to subscribe for 180 days again and will have to move on in 30 day increments?
    (5)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    To be eligible for the Legacy campaign, you must pay for 90 days cumulative between January 6th and the start of version 2.0 beta testing.
    Since the announcement seems to imply that people who have not bought any time yet must get the 90 day plan before it's removed, does this confirm that 2.0 testing will begin less than 90 days from June 30th?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Since the announcement seems to imply that people who have not bought any time yet must get the 90 day plan before it's removed, does this confirm that 2.0 testing will begin less than 90 days from June 30th?
    Basically thats what it means and they are cutting off the 60/90 day plans, so the Countdown begins @ 115 days today! :O
    (2)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Space Detective
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    i just started the game last week so i am still in my trial period but i already set up the 90 day payment option that begins next month.will i lose the 90 day package at the end of the month since i still didnt pay for it yet?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Spring Leaf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Ok so a friend of mine just bought FFXIV a couple weeks ago and his 30 day trial period wont end until Beginning of July. Obviously it'll be passed the Deadline. I see a similiar FAQ but not exactly. Is he gonna be ok with a 90 day paid subscription?

I would hate for him to find out it's not gonna work. He was waiting for PS3 Version but he wants to get grandfathered in at a better price.

Any DEVS would be great to respond to this. or if anyone else has Sent an Email to SE and they replied.

THANKS!
    (2)

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast