Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jon Targarian
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

New LVL 15 Class Quests Need to be Added Before Being Allowed into Instances

New LVL 15 class quests for Tank and DPS classes need to be added to better prepare players for instances by teaching them some best practices. They should not be allowed to enter instances before completing their class quest.

Tank Class Quest: Needs to have tanks mark targets for NPC to focus on. Also should teach tanks to regain aggro on mobs that break free from tank's aggro hold. If an NPC character dies, tank fails and must retry the mission.

DPS Class Quest: Needs to have DPS class focus on marked target, in numerical order, while paying attention to their aggro. Once aggro builds high enough, they should be forced to change to an alternate target while tank establishes better control. If the player gains aggro, NPCs should deal significant damage causing the player to die and fail.

Both classes should have to pass these LVL 15 class quests before starting and instances with other players.

I didn't add one for healers because I really have never had any fail healers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avon Rekaes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Healer one should teach about not casting while within a red zone. Can't tell you how many healers have made otherwise competent DF parties wipe on bosses over and over because they could not get out of an AOE to save their life (literally) and left us without heals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It's called Guildhests. They're not mandatory though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avon Rekaes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    How many guildhests are there anyway? I've only seen 3, and I've talked to all five battle wardens.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daeada Fehr
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    It's called Guildhests. They're not mandatory though.
    If you wanna do the new story and get access to Moggle Mog they are... at 50 -.-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    There is already lv 15 class quests.
    What you want is more like a Guildhest.

Quote Originally Posted by AvonRekaes View Post
    How many guildhests are there anyway? I've only seen 3, and I've talked to all five battle wardens.
    starting at level 10, all 5 levels 2 guildhests
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Subsequent GuildHests are unlocked by completing the previous one. Once you've unlocked the first, all you have to do is participate in a Hest and the next will be automatically unlocked, and so on, providing you're the appropriate level.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avon Rekaes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    uh... weird. I did all three...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mag Cotti
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by McStagger View Post
    Both classes should have to pass these LVL 15 class quests before starting and instances with other players.
    No. Why? Because that is what the initial beginner dungeons and Guildhests are for. This is just not going to teach someone to be a good tank/DPS/healer. Going to dungeons, and learning them is the best way to learn.

What next, you'l ask them to make a quest that the NPC tells you to visit You Tube and watch a dungeon run before allowing them to queue up?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    What we suffer is "the curse of knowledge". For new people, most of the dungeons after level 24 is considered "intense". For us, we just don't understand why newbies do not "get the mechanic" when everything is spelled out for you right in front of your screen... For them Brayflox is HARD ("you want me to Esuna all of you? move out of the way? and cure three people???), Sunken Temple is "ZOMG WTF was that", Cutter's Cry was "intense" and Titan "baby trial" was "fck this, I swear I ran and out of the train track from hell".

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    uh... weird. I did all three...
    Are you sure you're talking about Hests? Here is a list to compare to what you've done already.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast