Page 62 of 117 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tsubaki Nakatsu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    This game will not survive (survive being a term used to describe how a lamb with a broken leg would survive in the wild) with only instanced content. We already know this is not the case however. Odin will not be instanced content that much has already been confirmed. What we need now is some insight into how far they are willing to take open world content for those who want it; no - need it.
    (2)
    www.bluegarter.guildwork.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    Look at you... Just when I thought I liked Carraway more (and Fusional A LOT LESS)... Richard... you're my new favorite

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    And have they changed the claiming system since that poll? If you had reading comprehension, you would understand the question is 100% condition on the reference to the claiming system. No where does it mention anything about HNMs. Pretty sure NMs, HNMs, and dungeons are very different.

I do thank you though. I appreciate you keeping all these 40+ page threads that are 80%+ post of pro-open world post.
    They did change the claiming since then... that was around the time they modified it to allow you to claim more than one monster at a time. Before that leves were the main form of exp. After it people started the whole large claim + aoe kill parties. So yeah... they did change the claiming system after that poll was done. The new claiming system caused issues with people PL'ing and what not.

Linky

Yoshi even did a large post about the issues the changes to the claiming system caused. Don't call me flat out wrong on things in an insulting way and expect me not to come back with proof of things I've said.

On topic: You have the right to support large timmers on NMs I have my right to oppose it.

World NMs: Yes, Please.
    Special condition pops: Yes, Please.
    Force pops: Yes, Please.
    Large timmers for the sake of a cheap thrill: Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalWeapon View Post
    They did change the claiming since then...
    Exactly. So, If they are not planning on changing the claiming system, because they already have. That quetion thats absolutely conditional and based on the premise of them changing the claiming system, is absolutely irrelavent.

Unless you have evidence they plan to change the claiming system in the future.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_BG View Post
    This game will not survive (survive being a term used to describe how a lamb with a broken leg would survive in the wild) with only instanced content. We already know this is not the case however. Odin will not be instanced content that much has already been confirmed. What we need now is some insight into how far they are willing to take open world content for those who want it; no - need it.
    Agreed. The only thing I'm saying is that the opposition to it for the most part is only against the stupidly long timmers.

I don't feel like digging up the post but if I'm not mistaken they did confirm that they had plans to add dragons and other big mamajamas to the world. It was in a thread asking for dragons specifically. When I'm not solo'ing in XI I'll take the time to find it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doho Fiasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Just wanted to add this in case anyone hasn't added or noticed. They've pretty much already confirmed roaming HNMs/Primals (at least one) namely Odin. Check the 2.0 development pdfs.
    (0)
    "Unbelievable wipes... indescribable failings. Whining, bitching, rage quitting - through an endless party find." - Doho, A Whole New Whorl

Player

Don't call me flat out wrong on things in an insulting way and expect me not to come back with proof of things I've said.
    I didn't call you wrong because of what you said being wrong. Although it was. I called you wrong anticipating you would find the proof, which in turn prooved you were wrong.

I know they asked a question about content that was 100% based on the changing of the claiming system.

I knew they had already changed the claiming system before I asked you.

I know they have no plans in the future to change the claiming system.

I know if the question is absolutely dependent on, and specifically conditional to the claiming system changing, which we all know is not planned on happening. Then we all know your point referencing an ancient question, with non-applicable conditions, is well, not applicable.

We all already know Odin Is to be open world. Its going to happen. Argueing aginst Open world content is kind of futile and a little one sided. Argueing for reasonable equality in both instanced and open world is really the only logical arguement.
    (0)
    Last edited by Coglin; 04-04-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Abhayaa View Post
    To some extent, I actually do. A little bit of salt makes the sugar sweeter. Adapting to any given situation can often be more rewarding than having your plan go off without a hitch.

XIV NMs right now, for example, are all sugar. You go there, you kill it. If you don't get the drop you wait 5 minutes and try again. What's the fun in that? The lack of effort diminishes the reward.
    And if the gear's stats actually shown through in a way you could really tell a difference.
    (0)
    My signature is edible. Go ahead, try some.

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    I didn't call you wrong because of what you said being wrong. Although it was. I called you wrong anticipating you would find the proof, which in turn prooved you were wrong.

I know they asked a question about content that was 100% based on the changing of the claiming system.

I knew they had already changed the claiming system before I asked you.

I know they have no plans in the future to change the claiming system.

I know if the question is absolutely dependent on, and specifically conditional to the claiming system changing, which we all know is not planned on happening. Then we all know your point referencing an ancient question, with non-applicable conditions, is well, not applicable.

We all already know Odin Is to be open world. Its going to happen. Argueing aginst Open world content is kind of futile and a little one sided. Argueing for reasonable equality in both instanced and open world is really the only logical arguement.
    They changed the claiming system AFTER that poll ... I don't even anymore... Did you even play the game back then? lol

I'm also not arguing against open world content. The ONLY thing I have ever argued against in this thread was unnecessarily long timmers. Even in the recent posts I've made tonight I've continually supported the system I just don't agree with it needing long timmers. Shall I go back over a year ago and pull out replies I gave in a similar topic? I believe my stance was the same back then. "Notorious Monsters should be Notorious because of how difficult they are, not because of how Notoriously late they are at spawning."

I'll say it again (this time I'll bold it so you actually read my stance on this issue):
    Special condition pops: Yes, Please.
    Force pops: Yes, Please.
    Large timmers for the sake of a cheap thrill: Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Not exactly a confirmation of Tiamat, but the response if vague enough to believe that it is implying something close to HNM dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurymber View Post
    I realize that the battle system has to be fixed first and all that, but honestly a game needs some kind of incentive. And as great as raids are, they don't exactly make you feel empowered or like some kinda hero. From the video it looks like you just fight normal monsters with a few cutscenes. Not exactly revolutionary or anything great.

So please SE, just implement a dragon, or a god, or some kind of "mega boss" that is really hard to kill. Make the game feel somewhat epic. And create an incentive for people to get gear and create top-tier +3 gear.

Its really not that difficult to do :x and it would make the game -significantly- better.

And for those that want to argue "Dragons, Gods, Mega-bosses are from when they up the cap to rank 75", why not just re-release the dragon at a higher level when that occurs?
    and the response:

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Got down to brass tacks with Yoshi-P and asked if there were any monsters that would be implemented into the raid dungeons that haven’t been seen before. He said that of course we will be implementing monsters never before seen in our instanced raids! We'll also be looking into implementing dragons!

Bam!
    ^ It's better than nothing, and it is supportive of big bad ass NMs. That is the only real response I've ever seen sans Odin as far as HNMs go. Though I could be completely missreading this, and it's only related to dungeon bosses being special mob types.

Mreh, I wanted to finish a trial for my blm in xi, but got caught up in the wonderful world of forums. lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by CrystalWeapon; 04-04-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Player

They changed the claiming system AFTER that poll ... I don't even anymore... Did you even play the game back then? lol

Thank you Captain Obvious. Thats mypoint. If they changed the claiming system after the poll (which we know they did) then the poll question is definently irrelavent.

Read the question outloud. Word for word.

You used that question previously, as well as others, to foolishly attept to claim that a large portion of active players want strictly instanced content.

Now when you read that outload to yourself, you did say the part about the claiming system change right? that was conditional to the question. Since the question was before the change. Now that its after the change, its no longer relavent. Because a condition of a claiming system change is the only way its relavent.

I appreciate what you said in red though. Its a little confussing at times, you come into the thread bashing the idea of HNMs, and now you specifically say your for Open NMs? I assume you mean HNMs?

Yet then you offer your support for them only conditionally of the fact that they only spawn under special circumstances?

It somewhat makes your position dificult to judge.

Are you for open world HNMs or against them?
    (0)
    Last edited by Coglin; 04-04-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Page 62 of 117 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast