(4)

Player
    Character
    Justin Fever
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    i have played wow for so many years and i didnt had issue with dodging and what not, but in this game its really horrible, you need to memorize the rotations for Titan Hm so you could be able avoid the plumes ahead of time, really hating the net coding of this game.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Gypsy Whisperwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post

On a core, fundamental level, World of Warcraft works. If you push an attack, that attack happens. If you run to a spot to avoid an AOE, you avoid that AOE. If a boss starts casting a spell and you press an interrupt, that interrupt happens instantly and successfully every time. WoW has a fluidity and responsiveness that a many recent high-profile games simply lack.

...If your WoW-like game feels sluggish and laggy compared to WoW, then you need to start over. You don't release a game with a similar monthly fee while offering what is clearly mechanically inferior to WoW. The final kicker is ARR even managed to have a terrible tab-target system, too! How do you even mess up tab-target? How?!? SE knows, apparently.
    I agree with this whole-heartedly.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
    WoW isn't perfect (nothing is) and gets a lot of public flak despite having more subscribers than most other MMOs combined, but the one thing that WoW has that nobody can argue against is fluidity.

On a core, fundamental level, World of Warcraft works. If you push an attack, that attack happens. If you run to a spot to avoid an AOE, you avoid that AOE. If a boss starts casting a spell and you press an interrupt, that interrupt happens instantly and successfully every time. WoW has a fluidity and responsiveness that a many recent high-profile games (TOR and ARR especially) simply lack.

How any development staff can sit down and say "Let's make a hotkey, tab-target MMO" and then expend zero effort in nailing combat absolutely boggles my mind. WoW exists. It's easily accessible. It's free until level 20. Have your devs play it. If your WoW-like game feels sluggish and laggy compared to WoW, then you need to start over. You don't release a game with a similar monthly fee while offering what is clearly mechanically inferior to WoW. The final kicker is ARR even managed to have a terrible tab-target system, too! How do you even mess up tab-target? How?!? SE knows, apparently.
    SE should read and take posts like this to heart.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Kalenen Hill
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    SE should read and take posts like this to heart.
    this thread should be glued to their faces and constantly punched in their nuts until they solve the problems
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Trunks Ahoy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    The thing I've noticed with Weight of the Land is that if I tried to do Titan during peak hours (7pm - 1am EST) I would have sporadic issues with getting out of it. There'd be times where I'd be certain I was about to get hit and then wouldn't, and others where I'd be actively moving when the AOE spawned and would be well out of it, but I'd get hit anyway. I would watch other people's movements and I'd see them inside WOTL or Landslide when it went off and nothing would happen. Off peak hours the issues evaporated and the only troubles I'd have performing mechanics were due to fatigue-derp.

I flatter myself that I'm usually pretty good at differentiating between situations where I made a bad choice and situations where I had no alternatives or indications of what choice to make. Titan HM was frustrating in ways that perhaps no boss in any game I've played has ever been because there was such a disconnect between when I thought I was failing and when the game thought I was failing. And people offering "just move predictively" as a solution, I notice, are almost universally non-caster classes. I am glad that works for you; it is not tenable for everyone.
    (9)
    Last edited by Trunks; 09-30-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jesse Branford
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    For anyone wanting to take this issue to their social media, FFXIV keeps reposting the same "Buy what IGN calls a great MMORPG!" stuff on their Facebook as a highlight. I've made the following comment:

"Jesse David Great game. AWFUL NET CODE. Don't expect anything sort of snappy game play from this MMO. Dodging AOE and using instant cast abilities in this game are years behind the other MMOs on the market." · September 19 at 8:06am

So far it only has 4 likes, but I think if we can get it to the most upvoted commented on their facebook page they might get a little worried and become a little bit more communicative.

Here's the link to advertisement I'm talking about:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f..._t=photo_reply
    (9)

Character
    Palamecia Dalmasca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Retainer outfit with an outstanding 13 replies got SE to respond

Vanity slots had about 300 replies and SE responded.

this thread? over 700 replies, naahhhh they're good. But dem outfits!!!!!
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Aren Jasiwel
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I honestly only have issues with Landslide in terms of latency. I know it can be easier to dodge, but when Titan snaps his position from facing one direction to another without any animations, one must wonder how good the latency is. Then he pops a Landslide on me, so I move what appears to be just out of the way in time when I end up flying off the side moments later. Could I maybe have dodged quicker? Maybe, but at the same time when I fly across the platform I'm not in the line of the attack.

What's worse than the latency is trying to explain it to other players. A lot just see it as an excuse, which if it were Garuda or Ifrit I'd be inclined to think so too, and it's difficult to maintain a group when everyone thinks it's pointless to try even when we almost got to Phase 5 the first time and things just had complications the second/third time(s). And no offense to you Veterans who are trying to help your friends out with this fight, but you guys are probably the worst out of the bunch when it comes to being abrasive. You beat Titan HM, congrats, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude to anyone having problems beyond their control at times.

@Trunks: I notice this too, especially with Landslide (I'm on EST as well), so it might be that peak hours cause the most latency. Sorry if that's obvious to more network-savvy individuals, but for me it's beginning to make a lot more sense. I was playing later the other night and noticed that even some of Ifrit's attacks were happening at strange times similar to that of WotL and Landslide.
    (9)
    Last edited by Jasiwel; 09-30-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Magister Reguli
    World
    Hades
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by reality_check View Post
    For anyone wanting to take this issue to their social media, FFXIV keeps reposting the same "Buy what IGN calls a great MMORPG!" stuff on their Facebook as a highlight. I've made the following comment:

"Jesse David Great game. AWFUL NET CODE. Don't expect anything sort of snappy game play from this MMO. Dodging AOE and using instant cast abilities in this game are years behind the other MMOs on the market." · September 19 at 8:06am

So far it only has 4 likes, but I think if we can get it to the most upvoted commented on their facebook page they might get a little worried and become a little bit more communicative.

Here's the link to advertisement I'm talking about:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f..._t=photo_reply
    I don't use facebook, I can spoof a couple accounts for a 'like'.. Continued--vvv--
    (1)

Page 68 of 185 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast