Page 45 of 185 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I beat Titan hard. I earned my relic. I didn't die. But what I had to do to survive was probably not how it was 'intended' to work... I would watch the move BEFORE Weight and literally count "One, two, three... MOVE" and I'd start running before it spawned. Just as I'd start moving, weight would spawn where I WAS standing (I'd be on the edge of it when it spawned -- giving me enough time to get out safely.) In phase 5, this sort of planning is absolutely necessary. In most groups I've been in, everyone gathers together for stomp so the healers can easily AoE heal it. Then, weight will immediately follow (or bombs/landslide followed by mountain buster and THEN weight)... If the party members were prepared for it, we could all run out of the center to the safe outer-edges with all the weights being stacked in the center. If people move too late, they will die to a venn diagram of death. If people move too soon, they will drop weights on the few 'safe' spots people intend to run to. You really DO need to memorize exactly where weights come in the ability rotation or you are going to be in trouble. THAT is probably intended -- but the needing to move beforehand? Probably not.
    (4)
    Last edited by Ryuko; 09-22-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nishka Ciel
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxa View Post
    Starting to seem that way, isn't it?
    Challenge accepted?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mireille Sauvaige
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Animation View Post
    I didn't really have an issue with Titan. I also did it while my phone was tethered to my PC (So using mobile phone internet) <- 3s delay and I still done it fine.
    You're clearly standing in the one spot for too long, you need to learn positioning. :/
    nope, SE needs to fix the latency & aoe lag thing. If you are out of an AOE when the cast for it ends you shouldnt get hit by it.

You can anticipate it? yes, of course but that doesnt means that players are bad. The real thing is that something that didnt hit you, hits you because that thing has bad coding on "hit detection".
    (13)
    Last edited by Mireillechan; 09-22-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Unruhe Endlos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I'm very disappointed that there's been no word on this.

Between the server issues at launch, the "Reserving Instance..." problem that still exists for places like AK, and then this absolutely abysmal lack of server/client synchronization, it seems like SE purposely went out of their way to hire the worst network engineers and coders possible to (re)make this game.

I wish they'd just come out and say whether or not it's an issue they'll attempt to fix. If this is "working as intended" and isn't going to be improved, then I can go ahead and stop checking these forums every day and delete the game from my hard drive. I want to like this game, I really do, I have a lot of friends playing it, but I will not pay a monthly "premium" to play a game on server architecture and netcode this awful. XIV is currently broken on an absolutely fundamental level and SE appears to have zero intention of addressing the issue, let alone actually fixing it.

Even the recent TGS interview only mentions servers insomuch as "well players can reliably log into the game now..." with no mention of ongoing issues.
    (19)
    Last edited by Unruhe; 09-22-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Danorille Pandemonium
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 61
    it's a shame SE aren't updating on this issue, it's really the number killer when it comes to serious content (ie: Titan, Coil). It's so easy to avoid but 90% of the time the latency is working against you.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Big Larsen
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Don't know whose idea it was to place 90% of the game's difficulty on AoE avoidance when the game doesn't provide an acceptable connectivity service. I mean, it's kind of uncanny. This game has probably the highest emphasis on urgent AoE dodging out of any MMORPG in the history of the genre, and it also has the worst connectivity service of any since the EQ/DAoC days. You need to either provide the infrastructure required to play your game or you need to design your game to accomodate the sub-standard infrastructure that you provide. You can't go in opposing directions on those two points. It's a self-evident disaster.

Anyway, this isn't going to just get fixed all of a sudden. They can't uproot their servers and contract new datacenters overnight. I'm not even dissatisfied that they haven't fixed the problem -- it's not something they can just do in a timely manner. It's a matter of poor planning, inconsideration towards their non-Japanese customers, and just a general lack of professionalism regarding their service. To release an MMOPG without regional servers located in their actual regions, in 2013, is simply unacceptable. There's no sense complaining about the lack of a solution, nobody would be able to just fix something like this at the drop of a bucket. Complain about the awful decisionmaking that leads to this problem (and so many others; this game is absolutely riddled with things that are unacceptable in a modern triple-A title.)
    (20)
    Last edited by Wangstrong; 09-23-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Krell Ynjynor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    well today i actualy had to restart my game to be able to avoid landslide
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nishka Ciel
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't think a realm reborn is a triple- A title if I'm perfectly honest.
    I would compare it to rift , even less than rift in terms of gameplay/content and polish and that was a budget MMO.
    Probably deep down they knew this would be just a mediocre tab target MMO with a Final Fantasy IP.

When you look at the server stability/quality, customer support, actual content and bots/RMT it is hard to think other wise.
    Maybe that's why they didn't went all the way with better coding, data centrers for Europe and dare I say Australia.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Mon'sae Crux
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    So far - only disappointment with EU -> NA latency.
    Before getting somewhere around lv20 it was bearable. I thought that running inside mobs and still not being able to hit them was ok (high server/network load, etc.).
    After getting lv35 I understood that half a second delay won't go anywhere.
    Now i'm lv50 and can't really find anything to hold me here.
    Being able to stun Ifrit (hard) a little more often than half of the time (with a little help of esp-like prediction skills) makes me _bad_?
    Not being able to agro running mobs with flash, while running inside them (yeah, _inside_) makes me _bad_?
    Count me out then. I'll be _good_ in another place, geographically 70% closer.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Magister Reguli
    World
    Hades
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 20
    I suspect a huge drop off as soon as the initial game time runs out, then they will either fix it and hope people come back or do nothing in which case I hope some of the new games are good, I know none of them can have networking this bad so crossed fingers for good gameplay and raid design.
    (9)

Page 45 of 185 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast