World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokien View Post
    The I'm sad that i'm not on the front page ; ;

I endorse this message!
    For you good sir, I can change that.

I squeezed you in, on the user comments. Thanks for your support!
    (0)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Jerynh Dawn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I don't feel like the current 20 laser open-world NMs are actually NMs. They're just slightly stronger mobs, with different drops. There needs to be some sort of exclusivity on this mobs, be it a different spawn condition or a longer spawn timer. High drop rates are fine to keep from have the same LS get claim over and over and over and over, but let's make them at least take an hour or a couple hours to be seen again.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    I don't feel like the current 20 laser open-world NMs are actually NMs. They're just slightly stronger mobs, with different drops. There needs to be some sort of exclusivity on this mobs, be it a different spawn condition or a longer spawn timer. High drop rates are fine to keep from have the same LS get claim over and over and over and over, but let's make them at least take an hour or a couple hours to be seen again.
    Tanakas NMs were great though! Had soo much fun with them!
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I have a bit of a problem with dogpiling every supporting comment in the OP.

While I'm supportive of HNMs on the condition that they are presented in such a way that the problems they had in FFXI are addressed, the O.P. paints a picture of unanimous, unequivocal support when there are some fair concerns being raised.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I have a bit of a problem with dogpiling every supporting comment in the OP.

While I'm supportive of HNMs on the condition that they are presented in such a way that the problems they had in FFXI are addressed, the O.P. paints a picture of unanimous, unequivocal support when there are some fair concerns being raised.
    Almost each, and every one of those concerns have been discussed, and the results plus possible fixes to those problems have been posted in the OP. And the vast majority of issues, problems have been discussed in prior pages of this thread, and we as a community have come together and thought of ways to bypass those problems and and bring ways to cater HNM's to all crowds.

The front page is not just a "dogpile" of support. It is a collaboration of the entirety of this thread. If there is anything you feel that I am leaving out, please be more specific.

I even quoted Jinko in the OP! But this is a thread supporting NM/HNM, so of course I am going to exhibit more pro-HNM tactics in terms of my OP.
    (4)
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; 04-27-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Tanakas NMs were great though! Had soo much fun with them!
    I did too for about 6 hours, but then I had killed them all and obtained most of their drops. (Excluding Dodore/Elder Mosshorn lolz)

I don't think they deserve the title of "Notorious Monster" is all. They were fun, but got boring very quickly due to an almost instantaneous respawn time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ara Firot
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux_Rayna View Post
    My biggest criticism of FFXIV is not that it doesn't borrow enough from XI, but it doesn't borrow enough from its other games. There is so much content in the console rpgs that can easily be modified into an mmo. Who wouldn't want to fight their way to Ultima Weapon again? Or solve a puzzle, activate levers, kill bosses in order to reach hidden Omega Weapon? That screams nostalgia and ppl would eat that right up. It could also invite non-ff vets to check out the older FF games if they enjoy it.
    Totally agree with that idea. Also main reason why I started to play this game was idea that somewhere there are hidden caves with mystery. It would be nice to see something like omega weapon but make it almost impossible to beat. Make it to be super random AI (scripts). If there is something in gam what is almost unachievable people will try to reach for that. I only hope devs will support us with some bigger challenges in future. Even if I'm casual player o don't see reason why there shouldn't be new monsters for top link shells. It's good to see drama and glory.
    (2)
    make it big, make it blow, make it happen.

Player

My idea on a NM
    Because anima is a life energy deal(stealing this from an anime) it could make sense that it creates an entity of some sort. Kinda like in Index(have to watch it to know what I mean). So, when x amount of anima has been used through out all of the servers, it will spawn this entity.
    Why do I say all the servers? Well, this is a way they could make use of their, dungeon finder deal they are going to do(I don't like by the way). So, what will happen is when it spawns(it can even wonder the world as a ghostly figure that you can't attack, until its a whole body) it will select 20 people from each server whom last teleported(that are level 50) and spawn them in an instance with this entity. Now, it wouldn't have any special drop, it would just be a fun random activity that we the people caused. (something along those lines please discuss this!)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ara Firot
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 35
    My idea on a NM
    Because anima is a life energy deal(stealing this from an anime) it could make sense that it creates an entity of some sort. Kinda like in Index(have to watch it to know what I mean). So, when x amount of anima has been used through out all of the servers, it will spawn this entity.
    Why do I say all the servers? Well, this is a way they could make use of their, dungeon finder deal they are going to do(I don't like by the way). So, what will happen is when it spawns(it can even wonder the world as a ghostly figure that you can't attack, until its a whole body) it will select 20 people from each server whom last teleported(that are level 50) and spawn them in an instance with this entity. Now, it wouldn't have any special drop, it would just be a fun random activity that we the people caused. (something along those lines please discuss this!)

Many good ideas ! What if this wandering anime could just build up in one place. Let's say there is a big tree or rock with sculptured entrance (doors). Whole used anime will gather in that sculpture and create gate. Window will be open for let say 1h and accessible after finishing some maze quest. It's plain idea but less simple minded quests and monsters then better.
    (0)
    make it big, make it blow, make it happen.

Page 71 of 117 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast