Player
    Character
    Yoko Ceres
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Day_Night View Post
    Guys come on seriously?? you people asking for triggers that would spawn HNMs just like you did in FFXI, already saw how the game got ruined right?? who ever went back to DA/BD/VoS after they changed that system?
    If you really want to have a similar system(Trigger) sure why not? let them add BCNM's,KSNM's or whatever they would want to call them at this game, just do not try to mess things up again like you did back in FFXI.
    We all been waiting for so long to have HNMs at this game, that have similar spawn system like ffxi had back in the days.

Seriously though, can't you remember how you used to feel when window was about to open? need to get that feeling back!!
    Actually FFXI was fine with force pop HNM, the only problem was how to access it (ZNM, take picture of mobs >____< )And still, there was HNM pop without ???.

FFXI has never been ruined, just getting boring.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nexxus; 03-30-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Il est possible de dépassé la limite des 1ooo caractères, il suffit d'éditer son post ~

Player
    Character
    High Life
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Please read further into the thread.

We want Open World, random Spawn HNM's.

We want Lottery Spawns.

We want Forced Spawn.

We want instanced HNM's.

We want it all.
    Thank you!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sri Ahbayaa
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    We want it all, but we're trying to find the appropriate compromises. The XI system implemented directly and unchanged into XIV would probably not fly, and would not be the best option anyway since it had its problems. The new system relative to the old one should probably be something like the Protestant reformation was to the Catholic church.

(As long as I've got my history right. Hah.)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhayaa View Post
    We want it all, but we're trying to find the appropriate compromises. The XI system implemented directly and unchanged into XIV would probably not fly, and would not be the best option anyway since it had its problems. The new system relative to the old one should probably be something like the Protestant reformation was to the Catholic church.

(As long as I've got my history right. Hah.)
    Did you just make a Martin Luther reference?
    In a game forum, no less...
    I approve Madame Sri... I approve
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chinook Sirocco
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I approve of this thread !

Too bad the way to 50 is so fast and easy, it removes the potential to have meaningful NM's/content for mid-level gear.

The controversial gear swap also allowed to have more gear sets, thus more meaningful and lasting content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinook View Post

Too bad the way to 50 is so fast and easy, it removes the potential to have meaningful NM's/content for mid-level gear.

The controversial gear swap also allowed to have more gear sets, thus more meaningful and lasting content.
    I agree completely. I think once the cap is raised, HNM's could and hopefully will be a very viable source of great content.

And gear swapping (a very touchy subject on these boards it seems), however controversial is something I would definitely be happy to see.
    (0)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

\

Hopefully if people were smart they would have told SE the leveling is too fast..but who am I kidding? MMO gamers these days are scared to dedicate time to an MMORPG.
    (2)

Player

Unfortunantly, this seems to be what alot are pushing as the new standard for the genre. Look as GW2, from what I read, they claim to have no real leveling curve, because they want everyone to be able to reach cap. This is where the main content is now, thats just the way it is these days.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Unfortunantly, this seems to be what alot are pushing as the new standard for the genre. Look as GW2, from what I read, they claim to have no real leveling curve, because they want everyone to be able to reach cap. This is where the main content is now, thats just the way it is these days.
    This is unfortunate. In FFXI, does everyone remember their first time hitting 75? (this is pre-level cap increase ofc.. no abyssea etc). There was an immense feeling of satisfaction!

You spent so much time leveling, and doing subjobs etc so that you could advance into endgame. You had to WORK to get into the HNM/Namis/Limbus/Einherjar scenes. Some people just leveled jobs like nin/dnc, BST, SMN so they could enjoy solo content for themselves @ 75, which still took work.

Nowadays, it seems that getting to the level cap is a piece of cake, then you sit around and wait for a content finder to group you with randoms and go smash out of one few copy+paste dungeons.

I want to have to put in work, people learn their jobs completely, and venture out into the world of endgame, then hit the ground running. This spoon-fed content just isn't half as fun as what MMO's used to be. And not only that, I want to experience content with friends and a great community, not random people that a content finder put me with.

Remember the excitement of your linkshells first Einherjar win? Your LS's first CoP-Namis win? Remember when the upper tier shells started doing their best to smash down Pandemonium Warden? The successes you experienced with people who you knew and enjoyed being with intensified the success, moreso as compared to beating a random dungeon with people you don't know.

/edit. We are going off topic! I appreciate the support, but lets try to keep this on the subject of HNM's!

I'm guilty of straying off topic too

Hopefully the Dev's will notice the immense amount of support in this thread and give us a Dev Comment.
    (3)
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; 03-30-2012 at 03:30 AM.
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Yoko Ceres
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    This is unfortunate. In FFXI, does everyone remember their first time hitting 75? (this is pre-level cap increase ofc.. no abyssea etc). There was an immense feeling of satisfaction!

You spent so much time leveling, and doing subjobs etc so that you could advance into endgame. You had to WORK to get into the HNM/Namis/Limbus/Einherjar scenes. Some people just leveled jobs like nin/dnc, BST, SMN so they could enjoy solo content for themselves @ 75, which still took work.

Nowadays, it seems that getting to the level cap is a piece of cake, then you sit around and wait for a content finder to group you with randoms and go smash out of one few copy+paste dungeons.

I want to have to put in work, people learn their jobs completely, and venture out into the world of endgame, then hit the ground running. This spoon-fed content just isn't half as fun as what MMO's used to be. And not only that, I want to experience content with friends and a great community, not random people that a content finder put me with.

Remember the excitement of your linkshells first Einherjar win? Your LS's first CoP-Namis win? Remember when the upper tier shells started doing their best to smash down Pandemonium Warden? The successes you experienced with people who you knew and enjoyed being with intensified the success, moreso as compared to beating a random dungeon with people you don't know.

/edit. We are going off topic! I appreciate the support, but lets try to keep this on the subject of HNM's!

I'm guilty of straying off topic too

Hopefully the Dev's will notice the immense amount of support in this thread and give us a Dev Comment.

It make me remember the time when you had 3 Lv.75 and everyone was like... woaaaah Oo Amazing !!

having 2 Lv.75 was a bit common but 3, very rare. you'd have to make a better strategy with your setup because you can't change everytime as there was no moogle around. ^^.
    (0)

Il est possible de dépassé la limite des 1ooo caractères, il suffit d'éditer son post ~

Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast