Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    In LS's filled with 20-70 people.... there are still groups of 8-10 that do everything together. Ls's have no real community within them (for the most part) its several cliques of people that share a shell so they have a shield by their name. They don't actually do anything together as a whole, or mix people from clique to clique.
    I definitely agree. I love my LS but I am not a part of any of the main groups, and I rarely get into anything. Albeit my play time is a little off sometimes. I have played since open beta, but still have not had 1 exp party.

Offered 1,500,000g for a PL, still nothing. If you aren't already connected, this game is on the brink of impossibility for new players.

But on hand of the HNM tank.. I love the ideas of shortened windows, and a wide pop radius. This would definitely stir things up, and make it very hard for botters. Plus, having a short wait time for pops, having to run and find where it popped at.. that just sounds like a blast.
    (2)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    In LS's filled with 20-70 people.... there are still groups of 8-10 that do everything together. Ls's have no real community within them (for the most part) its several cliques of people that share a shell so they have a shield by their name. They don't actually do anything together as a whole, or mix people from clique to clique.
    This is true, but then if people turn up often to do events I feel they should have priority over those who can't be bothered.

Cliques are formed for a reason.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Technyze Deepforces
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    i completely agree and would love to see a dev post regarding this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    This is true, but then if people turn up often to do events I feel they should have priority over those who can't be bothered.

Cliques are formed for a reason.
    Cliques are anti-LS, or at least what LS's should be. That crap started in other games where the "elite" of the LS couldn't be bothered to help lowly members, and god forbid new members.... that is to say, the members who would benefit most from an experienced group to play with and learn from. It leads to things like (an XI example) people with level 10 mnks posseessing the items for black belts. Did they need them? No, but they'll be damned if anyone who could actually use them would get them before the tenured members.

This is all IF the LS will even accept new players. After accepting them, if they do, the new member is treated like a frat pledge, working their ass off to try to prove themselves to the old-bloods who just use them. Use them with intent to drop them from their shell during their "trial period", etc, etc, etc, mini-rant. Ls's should breed community, they don't in (i'd wager) the majority of cases. They simply breed/foster elitism and seperation from others.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Technyze View Post
    i completely agree and would love to see a dev post regarding this.
    Thank You good sir. I will fight the good fight and hopefully we shall see a Dev comment someday!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raistlin Majere
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    anyway, if SE plans to put some HNM to claim, we need these monsters to cant be hit by people outside your party.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Any idiot pick-up group can defeat all content in XIV.... same must be true for XI... right? right?! I keep reading your posts in hopes that they'll make sense some day. lmao.
    What doesn't make sense? The person I quoted used an analogy. I added to the same analogy to illustrate the difference between XI and XIV.

I went with plenty of shout groups to sky, sea and Dynamis and they all did quite well. Can't say anything about HNMs because of the exclusivity of the content.

I think the best way to put HNMs in the game is make huge beasts that can't be claimed. They take close to 100 or even more people to kill. It'll require the server to cooperate to kill it. Until it's killed, certain areas of the world are inaccessible.

Killing difficult monsters in an open world can be fun, but there are certain aspects -- like camping -- that people just don't want to do.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Cliques are anti-LS, or at least what LS's should be. That crap started in other games where the "elite" of the LS couldn't be bothered to help lowly members, and god forbid new members.... that is to say, the members who would benefit most from an experienced group to play with and learn from. It leads to things like (an XI example) people with level 10 mnks posseessing the items for black belts. Did they need them? No, but they'll be damned if anyone who could actually use them would get them before the tenured members.

This is all IF the LS will even accept new players. After accepting them, if they do, the new member is treated like a frat pledge, working their ass off to try to prove themselves to the old-bloods who just use them. Use them with intent to drop them from their shell during their "trial period", etc, etc, etc, mini-rant. Ls's should breed community, they don't in (i'd wager) the majority of cases. They simply breed/foster elitism and seperation from others.
    Oh I agree, but there isn't really a solution to this.

That being said I still believe that people that make the effort should be given the first opportunity.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    Killing difficult monsters in an open world can be fun, but there are certain aspects -- like camping -- that people just don't want to do.
    It would seem that (according to the posts in this thread) people are interested.

Now the vast majority of us do not want the incredibly long respawn timers, but we do want the HNM scene back. Hopefully with no windows!

I appreciate your posts but please try to not be so closed minded, and be open to the fact that alot of us want this.

While I think that a mob that would take 100 people would be pretty cool. We all want our HNMs that can be taken down with our LS mates (alliance?).
    (1)
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; 03-26-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    ^ He gave a good example of open world bosses though, 100 man content... I kind of like that idea.
    (0)

Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast