Player
    Character
    Tyni Wins
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

Amador Keep

With the billion of searches that come up for Amador I just want to know of there is really a gear check for this instance or are people just wanting gear checks form speed runs? Thanks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taja Shin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Demon Wall requires some amount of gear for your damage dealers (but we're talking level 50-55 weapons, at most), but that's really it. Anything beyond that that people ask for is just intended to make the run go quicker/smoother.
    (4)

Character
    Kyuyuna Shadowsun
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    In my opinion it is not a gear check. But your tank has to be on the ball for first boss. Your dps have to be on the ball for second and third boss. You want people geared in case they suck a bit.

I don't think this applies to me but me as a white mage and my brother as a paladin queued up for this instance all the time. We got some super geared dps and some not so geared dps. The amount of success went up with geared players but because they were more experienced in the dungeon. If we got not so geared dps who were new and were on the ball then runs went just as smooth.

If the whole party is not geared and there is someone who continually drops the ball then yeah you are not going to succeed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skeksis Poloma
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    The second boss is a DPS check. Other than that, it doesn't matter much.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fei Fenris
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    DPS has to be on the ball for first boss as well. Else they will never be quick enough to either burn the boss or quick enough to burn through the adds. Being geared AND experienced definitely helps with efficiency of an AK run and less chance of wiping. I remembered when I just started AK with less than satisfactory gear. I learned my lesson from that date and the cussing I received. But I learned that getting the gear makes a worlds difference not only for yourself but for your teammates as well. You really shouldn't have to be carried through dungeons because you are lazy to acquire what is needed. People get yourself some DL pieces from CM before running to AK please (Its mind-numbingly easy enough, and at least a Primal weapon or use your GC weapon.)

Second boss is a DPS race, so that further requires for DPS to be geared else you lose all the safe zone to stand. Third boss is a DPS race to some extent but the tank definitely needs to know what he or she is doing, but honestly I've never seen any group slow enough to lose all their columns to hide behind from Imminent Catastrophe.
    (0)
    Last edited by xXHalloweenTrixXx; 10-09-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kaedan Burkhardt
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by tyniwins View Post
    With the billion of searches that come up for Amador I just want to know of there is really a gear check for this instance or are people just wanting gear checks form speed runs? Thanks

Not a significant gear check, no. You at least need your lvl 50 GC weapon, a DL weapon from WP or a Primal weapon (Ifrit is fine). Other than that, it helps to have at least a couple pieces from WP.

Mainly the 2nd boss is a DPS/intelligence level test. If your DPS doesn't know how to do their job well and can't react quickly, then you will fail. Fortunately, the pattern of purple goo (bad stuff) is pretty simple: middle, sides, middle, sides. After that the boss will use a "repel" skill and knock everyone back in the direction directly opposite of where they are facing. So if you're facing at an angle at all (if you have the auto-facing option turned on in Character options), you will fly off the sides to your death. The only real challenge is the bee spawn, but that can be dealt with with a LB and a tank that's on the ball.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Snickle Fritz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Just need an ifrit weapon or grand company weapon with proper up to date jewelry (fairly cheap)
    (0)

R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution

Player
    Character
    Lemon Nate
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    People tend to forget that you need to finish AK to get the GC weapon at 50. What I did was farming Ifrit till I get the claws to run it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arab Bear
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by xXHalloweenTrixXx View Post
    snip ....
    You can't get your grand company weapon until you finish this dungeon at least once I believe. I think its needed for the last promotion of your grand company. You are not being carried if you have ilvl 50 gear as long as you pay attention and know what you're doing. You're only being carried if you AFK for the dungeon or are dead for the boss fights.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tyni Wins
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon8or View Post
    People tend to forget that you need to finish AK to get the GC weapon at 50. What I did was farming Ifrit till I get the claws to run it.
    See that's where I'm at. I nought a second champions lance to work with until I get there but everyone mentionsneeding the level 50 GC weapon but that requires finishing AK.

Thanks for the input. I will try it out and see. I feel I'm decent at my rotation to get buy.

Cheers
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast