Player
    Character
    Ardon Altaerlon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
    The atma fate system is fine. Like stated previously you can get a weather weapon or get the tidal weapon if u want something quick. If there is no challenge its no fun. i grinding fates for 12 hours and got all 12.
    I think the big thing is its not challenging or fun.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Orson Dara
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    This RNG is terrible there's no challenge or even "work" it's just luck. It's like a 3-5% drop rate from what people are figuring people who go 12/12 in like 12 hrs won the lottery that's it. There's no guarantee that you won't get screwed, like myself going on 5 hrs with out 1 drop.

I give up until SE takes their head out from out of the hole in the ground they stuck it in. That's obviously the case because if they don't think that this is going to piss off a ton of people then you're incredibly wrong. I just want you to think about this for a second. Say you are the average casual player that isn't farming Lev EX and Coil there is no other option than to do the FATEs. Now on top of that people have multiple jobs leveled this system is broken for the game it's built on.

I'm so sick of these tired old non-engaging ideas that were tried and ultimately failed in FFXI ending up in this game because of idiots telling the game "doesn't have enough grind."
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sir Taint
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    7hrs in bentbranch to get the ATMA....are people going 12/12 using their birds?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blitz Ace
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post

I haven't even started getting any Atmas and I think this system is awesome. It's actually making you WORK for your high level gear
    Exactly why you shouldn't be posting this crap, I've been farming for hours since 2.2 (34 hours & counting just logged back in)
    And yea i'm pissed that after all these hours i still have nothing to show for it yet people already got 12 of those !@#!ing atma's under a day's work!

And i could care less if i wasn't re-rolling lv 5-20 fates!
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Carana Harmonii
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Well, one solution could be that it would show you the current drop rate %, and every fate you do it slowly goes up. Actually showing what the odds are and it slowly rising would definitely boost my morale to get it. I don't mind a grind but this is just a random generation between 5 minutes and 80 years of someones time. That's not a game mechanic, thats a cheap way of a timesink.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Lilly Grace
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
    The atma fate system is fine. Like stated previously you can get a weather weapon or get the tidal weapon if u want something quick. If there is no challenge its no fun. i grinding fates for 12 hours and got all 12.
    If you're one of those people that has been grinding FATES for 12 hours and haven't got even 1 yet, maybe your thoughts on 'atma fate system being fine' would differ. I don't think the vast majority of people would mind getting 1 atma per hour. Congrats to you and your luck I suppose.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Rei'sela Leiyal
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 75
    I have been working the fates in W La Noscea on and off for 5 days now, I have gotten somewhere north of 30k seals in that time at I estimate well over 150 Fates, still havent gotten my drop from there..

and yet one of my FC members got 7 of them tonight in like 5 hours playing. RnG sucks anyway you look at it, I would have rathered they said "go grind 100 Fates for each Atma" because at least then I could count on it being a specific goal..
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Dark Sage
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    You don't have to get the atma. You can purchase a weathered tome weapon from Rowena (10 Rowena Token (Soldiery) for 130 Soldiery each), or you can use Tidal wand + shield until High Allagan.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to get your atma.

I haven't even started getting any Atmas and I think this system is awesome. It's actually making you WORK for your high level gear
    i just love reading this and knowing this person hasnt spent 12hours in 1 area farming over 500fates and not getting anything to show for it and then telling us Hey i love this system why are people complaining? whats worse is the area is central la noscea...Sorry i mean middle la noscea and highest lvl fates are like 15 so i get crap for seals and dont even make enough gil to cover gear repair costs with 20% FC buff. so yeah lets wait 3 weeks and buy 1 with soldiers while everyone else is getting loads of gear and doing better content, or try doing leviathan EX with 90% of groups expecting you to have said gear,weapons, and a clear to boot. I guess i just see game putting up a giant wall between people that are just getting unlucky.
    (16)
    Last edited by Exitusworld; 04-03-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Ya, I spent over 12 hours trying to get my 1st Atma, I didn't give up though. The choices are work hard for your gear or obtain it so easily. If you obtain something so easily and powerful, the work for it was just too lame. This is pretty much the same example of having to go coil every week and not getting your drop. Or spamming Primals to no end and still haven't even got your drop. People complained it lacked content, this is what you get. Made content that required time spending to obtain the equipment or items....

You lot are asking SE to make the drop rate so common, that 70-80% of the community will have it before 2.25. Relic/Zodiac doesn't DESERVE that title if it's too easy to obtain. FFXI was so successful to it's own exclusive system. You needed to work real hard for the absolute BEST equipments, this is how it should be. Turn 5 is another example of dropping the best weapons when they were updated.
    (1)
    Last edited by Undeadfire; 04-03-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Dark Sage
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    still doesnt make it any less bitter when your FC mates are all getting theirs in decent time while your still just trying to get the 1.
    (3)

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast