Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira_Tenshi View Post
    That is a picture, we have not seeb any footage of it actually runnning on PS3.
    You're right. It's a conspiracy!!!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    You know I doubt they're even thinking about the ps4 right now when they already confirmed the release on the ps3. No need to jump the gun when they had to completely re-haul the game cause it failed for pc on the first launch. Give it a few years to become some sort of success and then we can ask about a port to ps4 if the ps4 even makes it. Remember that console isn't even out yet and still has yet to be announced (which I do know that is soon) speculation doesn't do anything and just causes arguments.
    (0)
    I have a secret to tell. From my electrical well. It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells. So the room must listen to me Filibuster vigilantly. My name is blue canary one note* spelled l-i-t-e. My story's infinite Like the Longines Symphonette it doesn't rest- TMBG Birdhouse in your Soul
    A huge THANK YOU!!!! For FINALLY selling the Meteor Survivor Polo on the store. AND a huge thanks to my friend who bought it for me while he was at Fan Fest!!! YES I finally have my POLO!!!

Player
    Character
    Pwna Graphic
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by rina_inverse View Post
    I dont think so
    PS3 has been in the market for a while and we never see XI for PS3
    Well that's because FFXI is dated. I was surprised when they released it on XBox but I think that was an attempt to grow outward and expand their market for the future *cough* FFXIV

I'm sure a PS4 version is going to come eventually if need be, but let's wait and see if Sony does actually announce it today lol. A PS4 announcement is too predictable, so I won't be surprised if they never mention it today rofl.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adorra Eloom
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    At some point they will have to release ff14 on the ps4 if they want to continue with new additions to the game. I'm talking 4-5 years down the road, the ps3 version is already downgraded (Graphics, some UI tweaks) from the PC version due to the limitations of the PS3.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by rina_inverse View Post
    I dont think so
    PS3 has been in the market for a while and we never see XI for PS3
    They answered this before. They're focusing on ARR and XI is still a port of a PS2 game on many consoles and with the PS3 they didn't want to simply port it, so redesigning it was out of the question while they try to get this game going.

If it was stated that the PS4 can't run PS3 games emulation wise they definitely won't release it on the PS4 for a long time if at all since it first has to come out on the PS3 then they have to decide if they want to slap it on the 360 and WiiU. There's a good chance the PS4 won't sell well if it has the same crappy launch lineup as the PS3.
    (0)

Character
    Behemoth King
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Looking at the specs for it and considering how the move in gaming seems to be to digital formats instead of disc, I see no reason why this wouldn't come out on the ps4. The question seems to be more when and not if.

It looks to be a crazy fast machine.

Also, while not confirmed yet Elexia, due to several tech properties bought by Sony in the last few years, it is widely believed that the Ps4 won't be backwards compatible because it will no longer rely on discs as much as downloaded and streamed content. Which means it can still easily play ps3 (and ps2 and 1 games for that matter) we will just be stuck buying them again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Biggs; 02-21-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Player

BTW if you want to watch the event live..

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/443086

Starts at 6pm est
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vogue Rapture
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I think the question to make is, will PS2/3 games be compatible with PS4? I still don't understand all the lack of compatibility.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogue View Post
    I still don't understand all the lack of compatibility.
    Playstation Network says hi. Game companies make nothing from the constant second-hand trade of games. If they can sell it as digital download, they'll jump on it (see the Final Fantasy series). It's a lot better for them and Sony this way.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    Playstation Network says hi. Game companies make nothing from the constant second-hand trade of games. If they can sell it as digital download, they'll jump on it (see the Final Fantasy series). It's a lot better for them and Sony this way.
    I think it's more the fact people who already own the games would want to play them on the next system they end up buying, for example I have over 200 PSX games and 92 PS2 games, why should I be prevented from playing them on the PS3 and why should I be prevented from playing my PS3 games on the PS4 without going through hoops? What you're referring to is when people buy used games more than using their own personal copies across the systems.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast