Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

FFXI people know the feeling of solo.

SE need to bring back this feeling, only FFXI people will know. its nice when you do something thats not ment to be beat alone.
    Genbu was harder then some abyssea NM's lol.

45min - 1hr later, RDM/SCH99 finally my genbu shield , /cry
    even now his lv85 self keep me on my feet.

(7)

Player
    Character
    Crimen Vereor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I agree with you, and I want to add that I believe that they should cut all the requirement bullcrap that would force you to do certain content so you could play with others.

Tell me there wasn't that time you wanted to go to Aurum Vale (or I think it was Cutters Cry) but realized someone in the party hadn't done the Dzemael Darkhold. One should be able to just go in there and do it. I kind of got angry when it was mentioned that a requirement to get into the Crystal Tower is to have a Relic Weapon. I'm assuming that there's some storyline tie-in =| but they should give playoers more freedom in that sense. People should want to do certain content, not be forced to.

Buuut going back to what you posted, they really should bring that back, since FATEs don't really count anymore. Maybe at some point there will be nms or even hnms roaming free again.
    (2)
    Last edited by Crimen; 07-31-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    NMs can always be programmed to level sync with you, or no?

Just asking!! XD

I wouldn't ask for a lvlcap because that would restrict the use of abilities. The point is making the battles accessible and fun for all.

When the requirements for the black belt was updated, I had a hard time finding help for the battles. I even had hard time doing them solo... I just quit after that, no body cared. I didn't care anymore.
    (1)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimen View Post
    I kind of got angry when it was mentioned that a requirement to get into the Crystal Tower is to have a Relic Weapon. I'm assuming that there's some storyline tie-in =| but they should give playoers more freedom in that sense. People should want to do certain content, not be forced to.
    I don't think it's a requirement per se, I think it's more a recommendation of "this is the level of gear you need to have if you plan on tackling this content."
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    You can solo endgame content? That game is SO casual!
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    I don't think it's a requirement per se, I think it's more a recommendation of "this is the level of gear you need to have if you plan on tackling this content."
    FFXIV is gear based now. which means the gear score thing will pop up soon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    FFXIV is gear based now. which means the gear score thing will pop up soon.
    yoshi-p said there be a recommended score that you should have to win the dungeon. It's not a requirement and if they change there minds then w/e but for now that what it's going to be.

To this post i don't think so i understand the need for this for a few players. But sadly that not the big % of players that want to play this game. I'm sure yoshi-p would add something that you would enjoy tho. Playing FFXI for 6years i have to say i miss hunting nm/HNM but once you there for 8+hours doing it and then die by it you can see where. That just wont do it for this new generation of players. I'm pretty happy what FFXIV is and i'm sure they be something for everyone.

But let's get real a big % of players don't want to fight a mob for over 45min. I enjoy my time in ffxi but it's time to move on and i think we all should too. Like yoshi-p said in his big post on the beta forums ffxi is still there for what you looking to do.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 08-01-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    yoshi-p said there be a recommended score that you should have to win the dungeon. It's not a requirement and if they change there minds then w/e but for now that what it's going to be.

To this post i don't think so i understand the need for this for a few players. But sadly that not the big % of players that want to play this game. I'm sure yoshi-p would add something that you would enjoy tho. Playing FFXI for 6years i have to say i miss hunting nm/HNM but once you there for 8+hours doing it and then die by it you can see where. That just wont do it for this new generation of players. I'm pretty happy what FFXIV is and i'm sure they be something for everyone.

But let's get real a big % of players don't want to fight a mob for over 45min. I enjoy my time in ffxi but it's time to move on and i think we all should too. Like yoshi-p said in his big post on the beta forums ffxi is still there for what you looking to do.
    i didnt ask for bringing back HNM's.

gear in other games is recommended also, from playing the beta numbers do matter alot lv49 and lower gear sucks lv50 gear is alot better then you go higher to lv65 & lv95 there miles better. the cap is only lv50 yet there almost lv100 equipment already.

going to see shouts soon "/sh lv65+ gear only". remember theses guys played WoW there used to gearscore 5000+ shouts

if time is so valuable to you why are you playing video games?
    (0)
    Last edited by indira; 08-01-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    i didnt ask for bringing back HNM's.

gear in other games is recommended also, from playing the beta numbers do matter alot lv49 and lower gear sucks lv50 gear is alot better then you go higher to lv65 & lv95 there miles better. the cap is only lv50 yet there almost lv100 equipment already.

going to see shouts soon "/sh lv65+ gear only". remember theses guys played WoW there used to gearscore 5000+ shouts

if time is so valuable to you why are you playing video games?
    Did i every said time is valuable? i play at least 50-60 hours a week. If not i would not have t he stuff i have now on my account. I'm saying it's a new game the time of wasting 40+min to kill one thing is over. Most people now at days even if they play as much as i do want to go get stuff done and move on to something else. But sadly the value and accomplishment of said items is lower in this type of game vs FFXI. I think that one of the things i would always miss about how FFXI was back in the days. If you read my post i never put myself in with the players that dislike hunting a mob for hours if i did then that not what i meant to say.

I remember doing the Uggalepih Pendant NM for 10+hours with a linkshell. Remember doing Optical Hat and many other NM in FFXI. The thing i was trying to say is that we have to move with the time. MMO may never get back to how it used to be so it better to get into the new generation. It took me forever to get use too how ffxiv how become and how casual it can be still not use to it.

But like i said you never know yoshi-p is good at making a lot of players happy. He said he want to bring everyone in so i'm sure he would add something to make everyone happy. If not there always FFXI to go back too and enjoy that type of gameplay. Even tho that game become very casual vs how it used to be.

About the gear sorry i just remember people telling me in wow. To enter said dungeon you need this gearscore or it wont let you. So people would enter with other type of gear just to meet the requirement. Ya i guess they be a point where people would want only people with the right gearscore. But with dungeon finder you could always try a pug party I guess there really no way out of that. Best we can do is find a good FC to be and get good gear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 08-01-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Doki Waku
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Some of the best times I had in FFXI were when me & my best friend would camp NMs that were usually considered to require a full team to kill. We'd be standing there waiting for a pop, and usually one or two full teams of people would wander in and be like "You're wasting your time, this NM can't be duoed" and then the NM would pop, we would get claim, and duo it with ease while 6 to 12 people just stood there the whole time hoping we would die.
    There was one time this happened, while camping for Joytoy where another six man team beat us to the claim on the NM, taunted us about winning the claim, and then proceeded to wipe. Without a word, we picked up the NM, and duoed it on their corpses. Good times. (Keep in mind this was back in the day when the only expansion was Zilart)

I'm sure they will have plenty of things that will be soloable with insane strats. They have said that they will lift the 4 man restriction & level restriction on some dungeons after they have been out a while.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast