Page 18 of 83 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    The lack of mass in the front and back of characters, it's like half there bodys got squashed or something lol
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maire Devylin
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 49
    Maybe they realized they made the butts too big in 1.0 and then fixed it in 2.0. Maybe this is how they are supposed to look.
    (0)

Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Moirweyn View Post
    Maybe they realized they made the butts too big in 1.0 and then fixed it in 2.0. Maybe this is how they are supposed to look.
    So they weren't supposed to look the way they did for 10 years in FFXI and 2years in FF14 1.0?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aegis Elisus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandark View Post
    What and the new shape should be forced on everyone who became accustom to the old shape who were loyal to the orrigonal game, while everyone else abandoned it?

Oh, you poor martyr. Guess what, I was loyal since day one too. As were many others.

I would not be opposed to ether the complete return of what I feel 1.0 players should be entitled to for previously playing the game and supporting it.

Or having two body shape options the new and the old in character creation, but it's completely unfair to force old players and expect them to be ok with a change like this.

Ah, there's the E-word. Guess what? I preferred the combat system in 1.0, I should be entitled to play it with that. I preferred that Gryphonskin Harness was usable by three classes in 1.0, I should be entitled to wear it on ARC. I preferred the way they implemented NMs in 1.0. They made a whole lot of changes from 1.0 to 2.0. They have forced hundred of things upon us, of which this is the absolutely least important. We were warned this was going to happen. Fair doesn't enter into it. SE made their design decisions, it's not our place to demand they change them to suit our whims, particularly when it is such a subjective topic.

What if the people playing don't like the two options on your two option scale? Shouldn't they get a say? Where does it end? At what point does someone not get the backsides they want? Dev team need to draw a line somewhere. This particular line uses the least memory. Remember, every single new permutation of character options adds a few million possible character combinations. By making two options, you have now doubled the current number of character models.

So they weren't supposed to look the way they did for 10 years in FFXI and 2years in FF14 1.0?
    So, when the issue of buttocks was brough to their attention in beta and they made a post mentioning them, if this were some oversight, would they not have mentioned it then?
    (3)
    Last edited by Aegis; 09-02-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    snip
    Sure, I think you've had your say.
    From what I gather you wanted the but slider, I don't understand why your against having the old body shape and the new as two options.

And for the record I preferred the old battle system too but at the very least I would like to play on what looks like my old character. I would also like to ware the gear I like without it looking odd.

Changing the entire battle system is too much to ask, what I'm asking for is something so small, it's really not much to ask for.

The fact is I'm not asking for much to be happy, I'd just like my character to represent my old characters appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    . By making two options, you have now doubled the current number of character models.
    Imagine how many options there would be in a slider.
    You’re against the idea because you don’t like the original body shape?
    If your happy with the current flatness we face now in 2.0 why were you into the idea of a but slider?
    (2)
    Last edited by Vandark; 09-02-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sann Heights
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 84
    The OP is not the only one on this matter. I myself have not played the 1.0 version and thought immediately after logging on in 2.0 beta test that the mi'qote looked thin as a twig. Cats have leg muscles for agility and speed, so i don't know what mi'qote are with that butt and thighs.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Maire Devylin
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 49
    Just saying, it's possible. Anyhwho, I would be fine if they had a little more junk in the trunk, but, it's not that big a deal to me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aegis Elisus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    Sure, I think you've had your say.
    From what I gather you wanted the but slider, I don't understand why your against having the old body shape and the new as two options.

And for the record I preferred the old battle system too but at the very least I would like to play on what looks like my old character. I would also like to ware the gear I like without it looking odd.

Changing the entire battle system is too much to ask, what I'm asking for is something so small, it's really not much to ask.
    Well, I wasn't against it, but I wouldn't say I was for it, as such. I'm not greatly against having two options either. However, I think the dev team decided against the sliders because it would take up too many resources (inferring because they only said they had no plans to change characters' backsides). Two options would not please either side, however. There will be some few people who will get what they want, a lot will still want much bigger backsides (did you see the butt slider thread? People were showing pics of what looked like thyroid conditions), and a great number would notice no difference. All this taking up dev time and increasing the memory needed to display characters and impacting performance.

What I am against is your misrepresentation in the original post. You offer a one-sided view of the situation, you use the slider topic to support your case that people want this, but never mention the slider was shot down by SE. You quote only those that post in support of yours while not mentioning that any people are dead set against changes. You use misleading images shot from slightly different angles and at different phases in animation cycles. You misrepresent the number of likes of the slider topic. You imply Yoshi-P is a liar with no evidence to that effect, and you stated that the majority of beta agreed with your opinion when it wasn't even the majority of people who visited your thread (something I see that you have since edited today).

I short, I disagree with you because you try to spin the facts to make a one-sided argument without acknowledging the impact this will have on others.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ziriel Valentes
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I dont have anything constructive to say, so i will only leave the comment "fucking incompetence all over"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aveira Teleri
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    I agree 1000000000% with the Topic Creator.

Currently EVERY model in the game, not just Miqo'te, looks awful from the waist down, because of this exact issue. It looks unnatural and is completely out of place in the otherwise perfectly crafted world.

Why they decided to do this is beyond me. Why not just use the same 1.0 model in 2.0? You can't tell me that a few butt polygons kill the prformance of lower end PCs. I'd gladly trade the bust slider for a natural butt.
    (6)
    Last edited by Elazu; 09-02-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Page 18 of 83 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast