Page 523 of 618 FirstFirst ... 23 423 473 513 521 522 523 524 525 533 573 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6180
    Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Your supposed to keep it any how so maybe he was just saying that to make sure people didn't throw it away because they might need it in the future.

Thanks for translating.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Evangelus Seed
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    other news from gamewatch : http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...23_574630.html

there is some information about regional server in this gamewatch news
    (1)
    Last edited by Evangelus; 11-23-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Rédacteur sur JeuxOnline FFXIV : http://ffxiv.jeuxonline.info/
    Twitter : https://twitter.com/JOL_FFXIV

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It's funny how there are more new information in these interviews than in the last live letter...

Info on FATE, normal an hard mode mention, pvp mention etc etc..

Again thanks for the translations!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    It's funny how there are more new information in these interviews than in the last live letter...

Info on FATE, normal an hard mode mention, pvp mention etc etc..

Again thanks for the translations!

They have to keep stuff for interview like there doing now it to build hype in japan.
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Sorry guys full on cooking/cleaning right now and just saw these posts.
    Looks like Soukyuu doing them so that's good, arigato~~

I'll try check back later tonight but right now pretty tied up with all kinds of preps for thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving 2 all
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    Sorry guys full on cooking/cleaning right now and just saw these posts.

I'll try check back later tonight but right now pretty tied up with all kinds of preps for thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving 2 all
    Serving Family Thanksgiving in your subli right? Enjoy! ^_^/

@Soukyuu: Thanks for being a boss and translating!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Gamer interview summary

Source: [Gamer] [ my comments ]

Not much new in this one, so I've included some of Yoshida's talk that doesn't really count as new information.
    • Alpha
      • Aiming for 5000 players per server, 1000 players in one zone lagless
      • Two approaches to zone congestion
        • Display a message "too many players in zone, entry denied"
        • Spawn instances of a zone to allow for more players
      • still testing which one to take, as 1000 players in a zone is rarely happening naturally
      • alpha is planned to continue till the second week of December
      • they actually already have enough data from the stress tests and also enough feedback to be used for beta
      • letting us into the alpha is only to test how far the performance will degrade because of the distance to the servers as well as to perform stability tests over extended periods of time (servers running 24/7)
      • login counts are not falling, the devs have been telling Yoshida-san that "it's because YOU log in all the time!"
      • he's very happy to be able to talk to players directly and already had numerous discussions [I hope we don't scare him away if he attempts to do the same with us... seeing how our "discussions" usually go]
    • Mounts
      • Apparently, the sprint ability introduced in alpha makes mounts seem slower
      • All mounts have the same speed
    • Misc
      • Starting city is fixed depending on your first job, but once you reach the quest to go to another 2 cities, you can freely chose which city's quests you want to do first.
      • Legacy characters will start at a different place, the one where the hero party drops from the void. [I'm reading it as legacy = created before end of the era, not legacy = created on a legacy account, but I'm not sure]
      • Legacy characters will still be able to take all the quests just like non-legacy players, he says to think of it as a "stronger new game" [i think he means kinda like you can start a new game but keep all the items in some RPGs]
      • Arcanist will be available at release, Summoner could make it too, but there seem to be delays on the battle side of things, so it might not make it.
      • Wedding quest involves exchanging the rings at some point.
      • After you get your ring, you can get married.
      • Beta content not yet finalized, but he plans to include all the core story
      • Arcanist's "hitting with a book"-animation is being worked on, he plans to show it the next LIVE letter, if possible
      • No plans to novelize FFXIV's story, nor release some goods for now. Not until after release, when the community has grown and the game is successful enough for such investments to be worth it.
      • There might be an offline event where players will be able to fight against the dev team, he's thinking about doing it about half a year after ARR release if the game is successful. [I hope they will still do online events too, else people outside Japan are left out again...]

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelus View Post
    other news from gamewatch : http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...23_574630.html

there is some information about regional server in this gamewatch news
    HOLY... That's the second part of that long interview you posted before...

Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post

Happy Thanksgiving 2 all
    You're welcome, after reading so many of your translations, I thought I should get off my lazy ass and do some translating practice too...

It would be great if you could translate that gamewatch interview, I don't think it will contain more info than those three I already translated, but you're more proficient in Japanese than me, so you could translate with more details and probably much faster than me. I still have to check too many kanji to be able to read anything...

If you start translating it, please leave a message so we don't end up doing double work ^^

Happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it, I'm off to bed.
    (44)
    Last edited by Soukyuu; 11-24-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: added source

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Player
    Character
    Evangelus Seed
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    thanks a lot =)
    (0)
    Rédacteur sur JeuxOnline FFXIV : http://ffxiv.jeuxonline.info/
    Twitter : https://twitter.com/JOL_FFXIV

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I would assume legacy means the term not the ffxiv status as well. Like having a legacy system, just means the old system. But that's cool we do have a different entrance, I'm glad they didn't take the easy way out and do the same opening.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Looking forward the translation about regional servers :O !
    (0)

Page 523 of 618 FirstFirst ... 23 423 473 513 521 522 523 524 525 533 573 ... LastLast