Player
    Character
    Rognis Vornel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50

Miner Materia

Nearing the end and starting to focus on materia. Preception or Mind? This would be easier if I knew the ratio for Mind-HQ/Number of items. Anyone help me out?
    (0)

Player
    Be sure to note that no matter what your Mind "Rare" items (The ones you usually want to sell) Will only ever drop 1 peice. So your usually best off stacking Perception and HQ rate hat for profits.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rognis Vornel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    I guess a better way to ask is. What's better for HQ, 40 MND or 10 Preception? Does anyone know where to find the Mind/HQ ratio? Is it hidden somewhere on lodestone?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I wish we had gathering materia for bodies so we could make truly unique gear sets...
    (2)

Perception does nothing when you reach 50
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wolf Howl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rognis View Post
    I guess a better way to ask is. What's better for HQ, 40 MND or 10 Preception? Does anyone know where to find the Mind/HQ ratio? Is it hidden somewhere on lodestone?
    Nobody has been able to stack enough perception to even begin to test this stat. It is broken as can be. I have double melded perception tools, hq gear for max perception and it still takes me a hours to get the items I am looking for. Then the next day I can get them back to back on first node, it is all classic SE RNG imo. I can wear a balanced gear set and achieve the same results.

A few other posts have gone over this topic. My two cents are that I debate the investment of my perception gear and the extra time it takes double tapping the rare item in the node are even worth it compared to a cheap balanced gear set that allows you to pull item in one swing. This is most noticeable while attempting to get Gold Ore +1. A friend of mine "tested" this out and due to me having to double tap the gold ore every time and he did not. For every three mining cycles (3 nodes) he got four cycles in. That is a big jump. That means he got 24 more attempts at gold ore +1 then I did in the same amount of time. I did get one more HQ gold ore then him in that amount of time (I got two he got one, again RNG) Granted not a scientific test but you get my point.
    (2)
    Come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Route 2 in Weekapaug.

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Harrington View Post
    Nobody has been able to stack enough perception to even begin to test this stat. It is broken as can be. I have double melded perception tools, hq gear for max perception and it still takes me a hours to get the items I am looking for. Then the next day I can get them back to back on first node, it is all classic SE RNG imo. I can wear a balanced gear set and achieve the same results.
    Same here... It's disappointing and it's quite obvious at this point why they never fully detailed how DoL stats work. I hope it's completely rehauled from 2.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krausus Dracul
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I thought MND just increased how often abilities proced which is nice for master of the rock
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartori View Post
    Perception does nothing when you reach 50
    care to link to some test results? because that's not what folks in my LS are saying.

If that were really the case, then why would the Explorer's Bandana have Perception +24 on it and sell for 800k in the wards? Useless items don't usually sell for that much.
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 06-19-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Wolf Howl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    care to link to some test results? because that's not what folks in my LS are saying.

If that were really the case, then why would the Explorer's Bandana have Perception +24 on it and sell for 800k in the wards? Useless items don't usually sell for that much.
    Never seen any tests. Can just tell you after thousands upon thousands of gather attempts that Perception is one of those stats that never went through an overhaul to balance out a class/job like other stats have. Thats not saying that I do not use Perception gear because SE has stated that that is what the stat is for, but go out and get max stats available in all gear slots in something like INT and you can visually see returns with no parser... not the same for Perception. Depends where I am mining. Things like Gold Ore that require a double tap in perception gear is not worth it over time imo. Other places where you can still get a sinlge pull on say Darksteel I go full perception still. Just for laughs I went out just now naked and got 2 gold ore +1 in 30 minutes, changed to my perception gear and got 1 in the next 30 minutes.

As far as an Explorer's Bandana 800k is overpriced but people still buy it, thats why its 800k. A Felt Coif of Toiling +1 melded with MND is a better choice even single melded.
    (0)
    Come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Route 2 in Weekapaug.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast