Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Retainer Level?

Player

I'll put money down that when they answer this debate. All they meant by your retainer being able to gather for you, is that it will be able to work your garden outside your house only. All this craziness is getting out of control. Devs please clear up this debate. Thank you ^^
    (1)
    Last edited by Westers; 01-30-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Originally we had envisioned a variety of content for retainers, but we held off on them and kept retainers as they are currently. In version 2.0, we are planning to expand their uses beyond just the current bazaar system, as well as raising their levels and the things they can do. However, we do not have any plans of linking the inventory slot numbers to their levels, so leveling them up will not yield a greater amount of inventory space.
    Ey, I thought that would have been nice as a level bonus for retainers... Could have made it so we didn't need that free retainer. Extra bazaar slots would be a nice level bonus too.

I have a small update regarding retainer levels to share with you.

Based on the feedback we collected in the past, the dev. team is looking to implement different features for your retainer as they level up. For example, we are looking into allowing retainers to perform chores, such as gathering.

As soon as we receive detailed information on leveling up your friendly caretakers and the tasks that they will be able to perform at certain levels, we will be sure to let you know!
    As long as they dont work for cake....

And as others said, chore is such a bad word to put on something like gathering. I like gathering too and dont consider it a chore.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I have a small update regarding retainer levels to share with you.

Based on the feedback we collected in the past, the dev. team is looking to implement different features for your retainer as they level up. For example, we are looking into allowing retainers to perform chores, such as gathering.

As soon as we receive detailed information on leveling up your friendly caretakers and the tasks that they will be able to perform at certain levels, we will be sure to let you know!
    Sounds like an exciting system! It looks like retainers will be more interesting in 2.0.

Thanks for the update, and I look forward to finding out how retainers will change as they level, as well the method by which they gain levels.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Feln Riano
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    They might just gather at a slower rate for those of us who aren't gaga for gathering puffs.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't have to have them gather for you, if you don't want them to. Just do it yourself, and don't worry about what others are doing with their slaves retainers.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Beogrimm Dex
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Feln View Post
    They might just gather at a slower rate for those of us who aren't gaga for gathering puffs.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't have to have them gather for you, if you don't want them to. Just do it yourself, and don't worry about what others are doing with their slaves retainers.
    exactly
    /10charyadayada
    (0)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    Oh... yay... SE really hates gathering don't they? From the videos they've shown, it's pretty clear the new gathering system wasn't designed for gatherers. Now gathering is "a chore" that you can get an NPC to do for you?

Way to keep telling us to do something else. Here's a shocker, some of us actually enjoy gathering. I'm really afraid of what you guys did to fishing...
    Oh my god, chill the hell out. Have to nitpick at even the smallest things...like a choice of words?

So don't use your NPC to gather for you while you're logged out. Most of us think that's a cool idea.

Shut. Up.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    Oh... yay... SE really hates gathering don't they? From the videos they've shown, it's pretty clear the new gathering system wasn't designed for gatherers. Now gathering is "a chore" that you can get an NPC to do for you?

Way to keep telling us to do something else. Here's a shocker, some of us actually enjoy gathering. I'm really afraid of what you guys did to fishing...
    I do apologize if this has already been pointed out but I would assume that people aren't aware of where they are conceptualizing this idea from. The aspect of having a retainer gather is no different then the concept in SWTOR where you could send out your companion to gather materials for you, but at the same time you could still do it manually.

So what if she used the word "chore" what else would you call it, a job, a duty, a mission, do any of those words really make it seem any more "fun". Would it be fun if she had called is a job lol, because jobs aren't always fun, so then people would be complaining about it being called a job.

But I'll digress on what everyone is nitpicking on by the fact it was called a "chore" what's a chore? A chore is something someone tells you to do, so the context of the word is proper given the situation, you are telling your retainer to gather for you, it's also a chore for the retainer to sell items for you and anything else they do.
    ---

Anyways this idea has potential, if they learn from the mistakes in SWTOR. The issue with SWTOR is they didn't use this concept to it's fullest potential and they squandered a lot that could have been.

One simple example is when you send out your retainer/companion, have a chance that they could find a map to a dungeon/instance where you can find rare unique loot, that's only accessible through the retainer finding them. This would add a wide variety of content to the game if they focus on this feature being something that can open up the door to new areas, to new dungeons, to rare recipes, etc etc.

So honestly you shouldn't be shooting the messenger for the basic example given and even then it might not even be implemented that way. But if you loo at the potential of the idea you'd see that an idea like this where say the mission you send your retainers on are time based. People could setup their retainers to do something when they aren't logged on and have something to look forward to when they get back.
    (1)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I agree that poor Rukkirii shouldn't be getting hammered for her word choice...

I don't mind retainers gathering as long as it doesn't effect my personal pocketbook. If there's too much retainer gathering, or if retainers are searching the wards for deals, and auto-buying things and then auto selling them at higher prices, it could be exploited to really skew the markets.

But if retainers can't sell the items they gather and someone sent out their retainer for a small amount of low level / common things (or things that aren't commonly sold because they're so easy to get) and they used them for their own personal craft project, I really wouldn't mind it at all.

If retainers can search for prices while you're out of town and then you can tell them to "buy this item" while you're LOGGED IN, and then they deliver it to your bag.... I would so be for this feature because I would love being able to see market prices without having to go all the way back or ask someone to search for me. That would be stellar.

Online Shopping? Meet Eorzea!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Miliant Ciou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 68
    Well I for one like the gathering system in ARR.
    (4)
    We'll take it into consideration.

We just wanted to let you know that relying on your retainer alone to gather for you isn't going to cover all of your gathering needs. We are planning this system very carefully to ensure it does not destroy any sort of economic balance so you can rest easy in that regard.
    (62)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast