Player
    Character
    Liavain Axon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SolviteSekai View Post
    Why do people treat averagely thin women as if they are anorexic these days?

Don't you people watch anime? Japanese moe characters are all thin and cute now. Only the terrible fan service shows have Tera art.
    You do realize that Moe (Moekko) characters are supposed to be child-like?
    In FFXIV, the Moekko characters are the Lalafell girls.

Now back on topic,
    Miqo'te from the front looks fine.

Miqo'te from the back looks fine.

Miqo'te from the back, NOT FINE.

Obligatory FFXIV 1.0/2.0 comparison pic.

You can see how the butt has been "squished" in and the pelvis is at an odd angle.
    (10)
    [CENTER]
    "Sometimes before it gets better
    The darkness gets bigger
    The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger"
    [CENTER]

Player
    Character
    Kio Kurokami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    I just want to point out how disconcerting it is that Eos, the Scholar faerie, has a better butt than us <.<
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Emilia Marseilles
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Personally, the butt reduction doesn't bother me that much since most of the time I'm not running around in my swimsuit or undies. The posture bugs me somewhat though. A lot of people probably noticed this too when playing with the character creation benchmark.

In order to differentiate the miqo'tes from the hyur females, the devs gave them different postures. The hyur females basically have your perfect posture, while the miqo'tes got this slouched look that is exacerbated by the butt reduction.

I understand it's a design decision (maybe it makes them more "cat-like" or something), but sometimes I really want to yell "stop slouching, stand up straight girl!" at my character. This is probably related to the whole pelvis thing that others are talking about.

AFAIK, all character models were "simplified" during the transition from 1.0 to 2.0, the reason why miqo'te females got all the attention is because their posture made the problem seem worse than it is for other races.

Not really making a point or complaining, just an observation.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nim Loki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

This is the first comparison image I've seen that has a noticable difference.

I thought the first three screenshots in your post looked fine, even from the side.

So, at a VERY specific angle while zoomed in EXTREMELY close, this matters, if you are spending THAT much time with your camera like that, then you are playing this game for the wrong reasons lol.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sacred Sage
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephirah View Post

This is the first comparison image I've seen that has a noticable difference.

I thought the first three screenshots in your post looked fine, even from the side.

So, at a VERY specific angle while zoomed in EXTREMELY close, this matters, if you are spending THAT much time with your camera like that, then you are playing this game for the wrong reasons lol.
    Need i remind you why Catgirls are popular to begin with? of course people are going to be concernd about butts of them, we'll probably be seeing boob size complaints next.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kittra Thelder
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOracle View Post
    Need i remind you why Catgirls are popular to begin with? of course people are going to be concernd about butts of them, we'll probably be seeing boob size complaints next.
    It's already happened, but not for the Miqo'te... lol.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sayura Ava
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Switched to hyur from miqote and I must say even the hyur have better booties:

(4)

Player
    Character
    Sacred Sage
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayura_ View Post
    Switched to hyur from miqote and I must say even the hyur have better booties:

The power of that miniskirt is unmistakable.
    (6)

Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Liavain_Axon View Post
    Okay, here's some RL images as an example.

See her example pictures on page 72.

Sorry for the "shocking" images, but the fact is the "new" Miquo'te just looks "wrong". Yes, I am being picky. No, I was not a 1.0 player. I just care about how my characters look.
    If you think thats shocking, I've been saveing these horrible screenshots for the right time I think now is the time to show you just how bad it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by SolviteSekai View Post
    Why do people treat averagely thin women as if they are anorexic these days?.
    Because the new Miquo'te is infact anorexic.... despite the big breasts which just looks wrong on so many levels...

Quote Originally Posted by Liavain_Axon View Post

Obligatory FFXIV 1.0/2.0 comparison pic.

You can see how the butt has been "squished" in and the pelvis is at an odd angle.
    Yeah this was on my OP at the start but I removed it because many players were misinterpreting the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by EmiliM View Post
    Snip
    It's true the combination makes the F-Miquot'e FAR worse than it should be, the new posture was a horrible decision for what F-Miquo'te is supposed to be. F-Miquo'te was always meant to be a beautiful race.

It's entire popularity back in 1.0 sprouted from how amazeing they looked.

Yes I liked having the attractive looking Final Fantasy icon, it's why I chose the race back in 1.0.
    I don't want this twig shaped badly postured anorexic Miquo’te.

At the very least given the circumstances they should change the posture back to normal.
    (8)
    Last edited by Vandark; 10-09-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Xeonerable Fenrir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    The more I notice this the more awful it looks.
    (7)

Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast