Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Just going to pop in quickly to clarify Legacy member qualification for those that are unsure:

Paying for at least 90 days at any time between January 6, 2012 and the start of 2.0 beta testing is how you qualify to become a Legacy member. You do not need to pay for 90 days in a row to qualify.

Hope that clears that up!
    Is the Legacy Campaign status permanent? If there is a problem with our payment method in the future or anything causes our service to be interrupted, we won't lose the campaign status will we?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Severa Cordelia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Is the Legacy Campaign status permanent?
    Legacy members will:

Be able to play FFXIV from version 2.0 at the discounted Legacy price, forever.

Is that what you're looking for? If so there's your answer =o
    (2)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It's still not clear if it remains if your service is interrupted/cancelled for any period of time after the launch. That's what I"m looking to find out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vvarden Starchaser
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 53
    To me it sounds as if the status will be permanently tied to your account, so if payment is interrupted and your account gets suspended, legacy status will resume on reactivation... I hope ^_^ haha.

This is a pretty sweet deal in my opinion, thanks SE!

Anyone know when 2.0 beta testing is meant to be starting though?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    everybody who met the condition will be legacy member? or we have to draw it out later? because it would be too long of an credit to have everyone name in,
    (0)

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    everybody who met the condition will be legacy member? or we have to draw it out later? because it would be too long of an credit to have everyone name in,
    Everyone who has atleast 90 days of subscription between the 6th of Jan and 2.0 beta will be a legacy member, that is everyone, SE would make a huge mistake announcing this then saying they will draw names for it.

Having your names in the credits is an opt in, when they start regestration for it you have to sign up or your name will not be there, they are probably doing this so most people are the ones who really want thier names in will do it straight away, people who don't care will do nothing. But we all know everyone will sign up lol, I know I will be.
    (0)

Greetings,

Now that everyone has had a chance to look over the information and had some time to digest it, let me try and answer some of the questions that have been popping up!

Regarding the special chocobo mount for Legacy members
    There were questions like "what's the difference between our current personal chocobo and the Legacy one?" as well as "So does this mean we can have two? Will they have different features from our current chocobo?" Currently, the only differences will be visual and we're not planning on there being any feature differences (faster run speed, etc.). In version 2.0, we’re planning new chocobo-related content which will allow you to have more than one chocobo.

Regarding the updated subscription plans and the consolidation of service fee/character fees
    The big question being "does this mean we get 40 characters for Legacy/Standard and 8 for Entry for the monthly fee?" Yes, that is correct. You will be able to create up to 40 characters (8 per World) with the Legacy/Standard subscription and 8 (1 per World) with the Entry subscription.

The previous model is being done away with and the two separate fees are being consolidated into one monthly fee. As for what this means for the current Retainer and Market Wards, Yoshida touched on it lightly, but mainly we ask that you wait for further details in regards to the changes planned for the in-game systems.

Regarding the eligibility period and notification of eligibility
    Even if you start FFXIV fresh today, and have 30-days of free time, you'll still be able to qualify for the Legacy pricing. We're planning announcements so that everyone will know exactly when the cut off timing will be. When it comes to "how will we know for sure if we're in?", we're planning to email the email address associated to your Square Enix account sometime in May. You'll also be able to log in and check your status via the Square Enix account management system.

Keep your questions, comments and feedback coming!
    (63)
    Last edited by Bayohne; 04-24-2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Added link to Yoshida's post.
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Holland Stark
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 24
    I'd like to see Rokien's face now.

On a serious note, thanks Bayohne for the clear up. I know everyone, including myself, even after explaining to other players what we understood about the news, we were still apprehensive about this payment model details. This is so 180 degrees of what SE has done in the past in terms of systems and services that is hard to believe it, even if MMO developers around the world follow these simple models and is the standard, we certainly wouldn't put it past SE to pull some convoluted and unwanted details from somewhere.

Thanks again for the clarification, Yoshi is a breath of fresh air for SE. They should highly value his thoughts and insight in dealings with customers. He's delivering a great product so far and is set to become better in 2.0. Kudos to SE, you have a great asset in your ranks.
    (18)

Signature provided by grausekopf ~ Thank you ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaemon View Post
    Thanks for the 5 ifrits canes Yoshi i can build a life raft and use them to float to another mmo.

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I'd like to see Rokien's face now.

On a serious note, thanks Bayohne for the clear up. I know everyone, including myself, even after explaining to other players what we understood about the news, we were still apprehensive about this payment model details. This is so 180 degrees of what SE has done in the past in terms of systems and services that is hard to believe it, even if MMO developers around the world follow these simple models and is the standard, we certainly wouldn't put it past SE to pull some convoluted and unwanted details from somewhere.

Thanks again for the clarification, Yoshi is a breath of fresh air for SE. They should highly value his thoughts and insight in dealings with customers. He's delivering a great product so far and is set to become better in 2.0. Kudos to SE, you have a great asset in your ranks.
    It is nice to see the ability to make more characters without having to pay an extra 1-3 dollars if you are talking about XI/V though I feel like they are still hiding something. Since there are 8 crafting classes in the game atm, I reallly think they are planning to announce that past 50 you can only take one craft class up. By adding in this new model people will be able to play all classes but to be the best crafter you might want all crafts at 50 first so only those psychotic enough to do all crafts will have 8 crafters with 50 then one 50+ lol.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    It is nice to see the ability to make more characters without having to pay an extra 1-3 dollars if you are talking about XI/V though I feel like they are still hiding something. Since there are 8 crafting classes in the game atm, I reallly think they are planning to announce that past 50 you can only take one craft class up. By adding in this new model people will be able to play all classes but to be the best crafter you might want all crafts at 50 first so only those psychotic enough to do all crafts will have 8 crafters with 50 then one 50+ lol.
    They have already mentioned thinking wether or not to put caps on crafting classes past a certain level, so I wouldn't doubt there being one. I'll try to find the post, but it was old :/
    (0)
    Last edited by Zahak; 04-24-2012 at 04:53 AM.
    Retired FFXI character: Ranok of Sylph

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast