Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiken View Post
    As I said before, I'm fine which a more firm ass, but I'm against a slider that will make the ass to be too big just to please the sexual appeal crowd. I just don't want this game turning into Terra or other Korean MMORPG out there is what I'm trying to say. The 1.0 model was great, but I heard they have to sacrifice it for the PS3. And also this is something not gonna be easy to do due to the PS3 limitation and how complex the model in FFXIV is.
    Nah, it was most likely sacrificed for the sake of low end PC's so more character models could appear around the world on screen altho like I edited into my OP, a way around this would have been to implement a graphical setting for low end pc's to tone down the amount of character models that appear on screen greatly reducing lag and improving performance.

The whole ps3 limitations argument is invalid because the orrigonal game was supposed to be released on ps3 also, the real reason the ps3 version was delayed was because they had plains to remake the game and the orrigonal game wasn't popular enough to bother with the ps3 release yet.

FFXIV was originally destined for release on PS3 as well as PC, but the PS3 version was postponed not because of graphical limitations but because the game was a flop.

My computer is garbage compared to ps3's capabilities and my pc ran 1.23 just fine, ARR flys threw wind in a gloriously lag free environment but I had plans to upgrade to a better computer for the ultimate experience, too bad for people who want this ultimate experience graphically it's just not possible anymore.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vandark; 09-25-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raih'a Moshantu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    As I said before, I'm fine which a more firm ass, but I'm against a slider that will make the ass to be too big just to please the sexual appeal crowd. I just don't want this game turning into Terra or other Korean MMORPG out there is what I'm trying to say. The 1.0 model was great, but I heard they have to sacrifice it for the PS3. And also this is something not gonna be easy to do due to the PS3 limitation and how complex the model in FFXIV is.
    In tera you couldn't make a non-oversexualized female castanic or high elf, all the outfits were/are that way, in this game you can. Adding a butt slider would not impinge on that ability as you could still slide it to minimum, just like the breast slider now. Restricting someone else's preferences just for the sake of restricting someone else is not a defensible position.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Celestia Raine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrune View Post
    In tera you couldn't make a non-oversexualized female castanic or high elf, all the outfits were/are that way, in this game you can. Adding a butt slider would not impinge on that ability as you could still slide it to minimum, just like the breast slider now. Restricting someone else's preferences just for the sake of restricting someone else is not a defensible position.
    With the breast slider now how it is setup is that even you slide max it wouldn't look ridiculous and gigantic. It have a limit to how far it will go before it become unrealistic, and they also keep it to a bare minimum. If they restrict it like the breast slider where it doesn't become too large and unrealistic, then I'm fine with it.

I'm not restricting someone else preferences just for the sake of restricting someone else, I just don't want people running around with unrealistic huge ass which ruin the immersion in the game. Terra you can slide everything and it look out of place and to a point the game look like a joke with this kind of people running around. So in reality, we don't need too many slider or it will become a mess. Just figure out a good size for the ass and bring it back, maybe 1.0 version. This is why I'm against having so many slider.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zaiken; 09-25-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    With the breast slider now how it is setup is that even you slide max it wouldn't look ridiculous and gigantic. It have a limit to how far it will go before it become unrealistic, and they also keep it to a bare minimum. If they restrict it like the breast slider where it doesn't become too large and unrealistic, then I'm fine with it.
    1.0 body should be the max size for body mass with the 2.0 being the minimum, no one here is asking for anything beyond that and I wasn't suggesting a slider, only two body shape choices. Although if a slider was introduced with the 1.0 being the max over all body mass and shape I would be very happy to have my appearance back, I wouldn't want there to be unrealistic sizes ether it seems exaggerated to go beyond the 1.0 shape.

I'm not restricting someone else preferences just for the sake of restricting someone else, I just don't want people running around with unrealistic huge ass which ruin the immersion in the game.
    But an unrealistically flat ass and caved in overly thin back is fine and doesn't ruin peoples immersion?
    No one is asking for anything unrealistic, the whole point in this thread is for more realism.

------------

I will also add that if they did add a slider for body shape I think considering the over all character was effected and not just the rear the slider would need to add over all mass not just the rear.
    Thicker legs, thicker hips, less thin back, possibly arm's - the ultimate body shape slider. Every section would scale at the same time so nothing would look odd, like you couldn't make a character with thick legs and twig shaped arms and a twig shaped back.. that would just look odd.

A slider that makes everything look natural in shape and matches with each other, if you wanted a character with more body weight this could scale your characters over all body mass.
    The only thing that would remain a separate slider should be the breasts because someone can have alot of weight and still have small breasts.
    A slider that slides between the body shape from 1.0 being min weight to 2.0 being maximum.

------------
    Although it dose sound appealing to have another slider of some kind it seems like alot more work then simply having the 1.0 body and 2.0 body as two different choices.
    Two simple choices is IMO a reasonable solution without being overly demanding.
    Also they could start basic with the two optional body shapes with 1.0 min and 2.0 max then later if they felt the need to they could improve it to have sliders in later updates.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vandark; 09-25-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raih'a Moshantu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

I'm not restricting someone else preferences just for the sake of restricting someone else, I just don't want people running around with unrealistic huge ass which ruin the immersion in the game. Terra you can slide everything and it look out of place and to a point the game look like a joke with this kind of people running around. So in reality, we don't need too many slider or it will become a mess. Just figure out a good size for the ass and bring it back, maybe 1.0 version. This is why I'm against having so many slider.
    Fair enough, i agree having a slider where the proportions are ridiculous is not a good idea. That said i seriously doubt Square-Enix would even consider a slider with that level of variability. As you mentioned, the breast slider has limits to where even at max it does not look unrealistic, it stands to reason that a Butt slider would be similar in it's range.

I don't think anyone is asking for allowing ridiculous variability like in Tera or Aion, in Aion you could get some absolutely ridiculous proportions like clown sized feet with sticks for legs. I think it is obvious that wouldn't be allowed here.
    (1)

Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Just figure out a good size for the ass and bring it back, maybe 1.0 version. This is why I'm against having so many slider.
    I'd be totally fine with the current 2.0 body changing into something more natural looking even if it wasn't exactly the same as 1.0 but it should at least receive an improvement from the horrible appearance we have now, something in between would even be better then what we have in 2.0.

It would be nice if the shape was closer to Something everyone can appreciate, just having a more natural/normal back and some extra wight put back on would be good enough to solve the issue here.

The 1.0 body dose resemble the race's intended body structure so I agree about it being the ideal and correct shape for the female Miquo'te, I would be all for it if they re introduced the 1.0 body as the default Female Miquo'te body shape.

The 1.0 body structure and shape would look more natural with all the breast size ranges also.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vandark; 09-26-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Svana Fyth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    ~a female playing Miqo'te

Sure you are.
    As a matter of fact, I am. Not all of us girls are uptight prudes like you.

Switch out the AF body for any body piece that isnt' a full length robe and see how your AF legs look.

And you don't know what a stripper looks like, hon. Looking like a stripper isn't "wearing skimpy clothing." I think the term you're looking for is "slut," though skimpy isn't necessarily the same as "slut."

I've also stated clearly multiple times that I don't like big asses, and I'm perfectly happy wearing this. http://i.imgur.com/YBD9Ryu.jpg I just want my girl's pelvis to tilt properly.
    (2)
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." ~Oscar Wilde

Player
    Character
    Luny Lulune
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 31
    How about we let SE fix the important issues like hacking before worrying about the tilt of a catgirl's pelvis?
    (2)

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by makii View Post
    How about we let SE fix the important issues like hacking before worrying about the tilt of a catgirl's pelvis?
    What are the artists and 3D model programmers supposed to do about hackers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    They're going to be busy working on content
    Is this not content?
    (4)
    Last edited by Eekiki; 09-26-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post
    What are the artists and 3D model programmers supposed to do about hackers?
    They're going to be busy working on content
    (1)

Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast