Character
    Johnny Knives
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravij View Post
    My god this thread needs to die..
    This is NOT Terra. This is not AION. This is NOT a Korean Game.
    I understand what you're saying, this isn't Terra, AION, etc. but the art design was different before, in FFXIV, which is what this game is still called... and the anatomy was much better to many. Even if they say no now, continuing to express disappointment in the current state is the only way anything will change, regardless of the subject. Assuming the thread did shutdown as a result of your comment, it would only stagnate creativity and serve to lessen the hope of those who still want to press on.

If they won't help us now and we don't like it, maybe we can change their mind. Either way, the only effect gained is a good one across the board. SE seems to have their priorities straight so even if this is somehow added later, I'm confident we can count on it not interfering with gameplay development. Sooner would be better, but later is better than never. Aesthetics are a major part of a perfect game, and we should strive to help make FFXIV as close to perfect as we can!
    (4)
    Last edited by Knives; 10-06-2013 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Text limit...

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalette View Post
    I didn't realize models were changed. I thought it was a preference for Asians and what their idea of "sexy" is
    ..One of the biggest generaliz...

if you think about anime
    Oh I see - Protip: Don't use Manga/Anime as a benchmark for what Asians find "sexy" or what the actual culture is.
    (1)

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Snip
    YOU also have to understand that the director of this game has changed since 1.0. This is Yoshi-P's game now; it no longer is directed by Tanaka.

Also.. this is a fantasy game. Things can be as far out of proportion as the director/producer of it wants it to be and can be stated as fact because the Director and development team have full creativity in generalizing what the characters will look like. This isn't a game based on Reality. It's based on Fantasy. Nothing should be like the Real World in an MMO Fantasy.

You also don't see me complaining about how much longer my Elezen's neck is.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ravij; 10-06-2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Adding more argument.

Player
    Character
    Alexandra Sapphora
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

First off, apologies for the delay in responding about this topic. Below is a response from the lead designer himself, Takeo Suzuki.
    That is insane.. female Miqo'te can't have nice bums because of male Miqo'te and female roes? That makes no sense at all.. were they all congealed and shaped from the severed rumps of female Miqo'te? WHAT waist equipment are you talking about? NONE of the belts show up on your character in-game, what kind of excuse is that?

Every piece of armor in game has been designed in such a way as to be able to accommodate with any butt size, in fact many of the late game armors have wide kilt-like elements to them at the waist, as if to fit around large trunks.

It was completely uncalled for to amputate all the asses.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Clytemnestra Atreus
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Miqo'te shape is gorgeous for me. I'm very satisfied, If I want a super sexy human shape for my char, I create a human. Well, but it's a kind of personal preference.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Johnny Knives
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravij View Post
    Snip
    Despite my comment about anatomy, I'm not lookin' for pure realism but rather an aesthetic that's at least as visually pleasing as the original vision, personally. That said, there's not much "fantastic" about the way the proportions are now, by either definition of the word. Vision is not infallible by the way, which is why they ask for our feedback in all areas of the game. That said, their choice to change the anatomy had less to do with any sort of artistic vision, and more to do with finding a way to cut down work time so that the content we have now, and some that's in the pipes, would be ready in time for launch and/or patch 2.1. Nobody said it was for the "vision of the game", it was to ensure that they'd make the deadline. It's like 4 fingered cartoons, it saves time but sacrifices vision to some extent. Here instead of fingers, we have large portions of the lower body removed.

Your comment about our elezen necks is moot, because them cutting the long neck short would do the same as the current reductions, in that it takes away from the general vision, with the trade off being simpler development. It's a defining characteristic that goes beyond the pointy ears, much like the curvaceous bodies of the miqo'te go beyond their cat ears and tails. But by your logic, we shouldn't even have necks or butts to begin with. This is fantasy after all, it should be "nothing" like the real world. The problem there is that the land of Eorzea is like the real world, and the "vision" for the creation process was that we could make characters that resemble us here in the real world, or who we want to be.
    (3)
    Last edited by Knives; 10-06-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Text limit...

Player
    Character
    Xeonerable Fenrir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Obviously just give all races/genders some fabulous butts so all gear will work fine!
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamari View Post
    That makes no sense at all..
    Of course it does, if character models have similar shapes then they can just copy/paste the art instead of needing to retool it for every race. This is why I said in Beta it was a bad idea to pine for more and more and more and more new races.

The more you have the more work it is to keep up the same standard of quality so they will cut where they can to prevent them from actually increasing their workload when their goal is to be streamlining.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sylus Griffin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 32
    In regards to everything I happen to have read in this thread, all I will say is that:

a) I miss waist equipment being displayed, no joke. Really added that something extra that pulled a whole look together sometimes.
    2) We never had asses to begin with, and as such I never noticed that they somehow got smaller. Either way, it feels like a crime that what little we had has been reduced further. I'm still of the mind that they should've given us a butt slider to go with the bust slider...
    d) WHAT HAPPENED TO MY WHIMSICALLY FLAILING MIQO'TE TAIL WHILE RIDING A CHOCOBO??? That shit was mesmerizing and I want it back.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Kittra Thelder
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I keep seeing people with Elezen characters say "stop whining, you don't see me asking to have a shorter neck do you?" so I'll just get this out of the way first.

Alpha, Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, and Beta 4 ALL had threads created about making the Elezen necks shorter. The only reason it isn't mentioned is because no one cared enough to keep up the fight.
    On the other hand, there were also threads about the Miqo'tes' lack of rump on day 1 of the Alpha and those threads were far, FAR larger than the one you see before you right now.

Think about it, they had more views/responses from a few thousand Alpha/Beta testers in a few "days" of play time than they do from two hundred thousand people currently playing the game.
    The Devs didn't listen/didn't respond, as usual, whenever SE seems to conduct tests involving NA or EU players. What did it take for them to finally respond to us this time?
    Someone reposted the thread in the JP general discussion, it has about 5 pages of comments (last I checked), with the majority of JP favoring a change apparently. Within a week, SE responds... to the JP forum!

Simply put, NA and EU voices are rarely, if ever, heard by the Dev team. They didn't take most of our feedback into consideration during the Alpha/Beta, because they didn't think many NA/EU players would be interested (as evidenced by the extremely rocky launch).

So what can we do? Well... we can only do what we've been doing. Apparently the only threads on the NA/EU sides that get noticed are the really large ones with a cause, and if enough people keep clamoring for it, it'll "eventually" get changed (example: see FFXI...). So yes, I'm going to keep asking that they "normalize" the rears of the races because it just looks wrong. If I keep asking, and nothing happens, at least I know I'm doing my part to be heard in the group.

Anyone ever watch Dr. Suess's Horton Hears a Who (Cartoon version)?
    (5)
    Last edited by Kittra; 10-06-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast