Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

SLI/Crossfire scaling in ARR?

I've tried putting a second 260GTX (yes, my gpu is old) into my pc and found out that ffxiv 1.x doesn't scale with it at all. No improvement on framerate, both cards just share the load@50% each while still stuck at 35fps (limit=60fps).

nVidia's own scaling indicator was jumping around 20% of the green bars. Is this the same for crossfire users?

Nearly all the other games I tested gave me a 80% increase in fps, D3 even 95%

I don't remember anything about it in any of the interviews so... do we get proper scaling with ARR?
    (0)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Player
    Character
    Felix Valmont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    SLI and Crossfire only function properly in fullscreen mode and the game itself is caped at 60 FPS. if your getting a constant 60 FPS your SLI is working as intended for the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    High Life
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Crossfire so far is only enabled when running game under full screen, which sucks because you can't ALT+TAB or it would crash. regarding ARR, game would still be the same(either fullscreen or gtfo) since the game would still be DX9, and to have crossfire running while windowed it has to be DX11 which is going to be awhile before they implement it as yoshi said.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I was running it fullscreen and no, it didn't have even 1fps more than running it with one card, so no, I did not have constant 60 fps. If SLI was working properly, then I'd have full load on both GPUs, just like I had with other games.

Again:
    1x260GTX: 35fps@99%load
    2x260GTX: 35fps@54%load

-> game not scaling

Since ARR will have fixed fullscreen, as promised by YoshiP, they should also work on making this game scale beyond just splitting workload without increasing fps.

SLI also works in windowed mode btw, I think it's because it's using multiple gpus even on desktop.
    (1)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    turn v-sync on it wont scale worth noticing since the game need more CPU then GPU but the game will run better then having 1 card.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scyrus Ahmosae
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    So it will be worth me putting in a second gtx570 and sli but only full screen?

Am i understanding the posts correctly?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Scy View Post
    So it will be worth me putting in a second gtx570 and sli but only full screen?

Am i understanding the posts correctly?
    if you play other games it will help them out alot more, ARR might work better with GPU's then 1.0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scyrus Ahmosae
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Thanks for the reply. I got a second gtx570 already and am going to put in regardless. Was just curious if i should get my hopes up as to whether it will make a noticeable difference for ARR.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Volta Asura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    OP what CPU are you using? I know that 1.0 isnt that greatly optimized to begin with, but you should see SOME noticable improvement in game with an SLI setup.....thats also assuming SLI is setup and configured properly in Nvidia Control Panel and you are using fullscreen mode on 1.0. Somethings leading me to believe you have a bottleneck....Also too, what is your cpu utilization % in task manager when ffxiv is running?

Also too, as far as I've understood it, ARR will be much friendlier to SLI/CF setups, so def no worries there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    CPU is a Phenom II X4 965@3.4GHz, utilization while running in a busy place (Ul'dah) is 50%/50%/50%/10%, running around in Thanalan has 50%/30%/30%/10%

It certainly is not bottlenecking me, else my fps wouldn't go from 30ish to constant 60 with Diablo 3 and 15ish to 40ish in unigine heaven bench.

Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    it wont scale worth noticing since the game need more CPU then GPU but the game will run better then having 1 card.
    ...what? FFXIV is the biggest GPU monster out there due to it's shader-heavy engine, if FFXIV was CPU bound, then you wouldn't need a 670GTX to run it on max@60fps.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast