Page 22 of 117 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    So...from the way I see it, this thread is divided into two groups:

Those who want HNMs and would do them if they were implemented.
    Those who don't want HNMs, but regardless of if they were implemented or not, it doesn't affect them.

Hmmmm....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strange Famous
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Lets make it black and white

Questions:

1. Open world NMs only? Instanced and item pop NMs only? Both?

2. Timed Spawns? None (Item and instanced pops only), short (5 minutes from ToD)? long (1 hour from ToD)? super long (24-72 hour spawn)? conditional (i.e. weather conditions)? mixture of all of these?

3. Rewards? Uber open world NM rewards? decent open world NM rewards? useless trophy rewards? Based on spawn conditions?

4. Open world Spawn area? One set spot? Random over several spots? random over an entire zone? Roaming?

5. Bonus question: Should people outside the claiming party be able to attack open world NMs?
    1. both.
    2. all of these... some mixed with variations to options given etc. weather+ToD+ repop timer.
    3. all.
    4. depending on zone/level of NM's the spawn area should be discussed.
    5. Unless the add something like an Alliance (for some who don't know 3 parties of 8) then maybe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargoth_Draconia View Post
    HNM's need to drop only Rare/ex gear and not overly long respawn timers and I would be okay with it.
    Sorry for the delayed responses, I had to sit through "The Hunger Games" which was actually decent.

On topic though, I guess if compromises needed to be made, I could give this a shot.

Rare/ex drops only would reduce the chances of a $$ monopolization, and possibly a reduced chance for botters to spam that specific target.

I personally would like to see HNM's with both Money Drops, and rare/ex drops. But if this was to be, I would love to see SE make some unique spawn conditions/areas to minimalize the opportunities for botting to even have a shot.

Also, I have heard enough quotes of "The people have spoken" regarding the lackluster appearl to some of the HNM subject. I apologize if it alarms you, but if you don't like HNMs, don't camp them. It won't hurt you to have people out camping HNM's while you do your regulary scheduled raids.

The people are speaking again.
    (0)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    It would effect players with less time in the sense that they would not be able to participate in it nor get anything from it. Whether the monster spawns once every 2 seconds or once every 2 days doesn't matter if they both take the same effort to kill. You're just limiting the amount of people who could participate. You can scream that it takes more skill till your face turns blue but the skill is in actually... you know? fighting the monster. It takes no skill to claim something.

/ma "Stun" <stnpc> >.> my god that was always so hard to do in xi. Took mad skills to run around tabbing for monsters while not being able to leave my computer for an hour + waiting for a pop window. :3 Skilllzzzzz
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    So...from the way I see it, this thread is divided into two groups:

Those who want HNMs and would do them if they were implemented.
    Those who don't want HNMs, but regardless of if they were implemented or not, it doesn't affect them.

Hmmmm....
    I don't believe it is that simple.

If you have long spawn HNMs well...they better have something good on them to warrant camping them right? Cause we all know hardcore gamers aren't in it just for the lulz, they want loot. Really good loot.

So now you have the "best" loot that people must have or be "gimp" and suddenly it is no longer not affecting people that don't want HNMs now is it?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sri Ahbayaa
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    If you only make content for people who have very little time to play, you're going to get... very little content.
    Make a lot of content and let people choose what they want to do with their time.

As for claim wars dividing the player base and creating general nastiness...
    You guys seem to have that covered on the forums.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veto Bahamut
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    So the hardcore players will leave for a fully instanced game or WoW which is turning into Pokemon meets Farmville? Ok.
    so it's strange how WoW is turning into pokemon meets farmville yet still has far more challenging content than anything in this game, right?

i'd say you wouldn't know anything about that (as the equivalent of doing 13 dps on ifrit would never get you a raid slot in any guild doing hard mode progression) but you'd probably just make up a bunch of stories about how you were in the best guild in WoW on server X and then someone from that server can just see your comment, laugh and call you out again.
    (1)
    Last edited by fusional; 03-27-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhayaa View Post
    If you only make content for people who have very little time to play, you're going to get... very little content.
    Make a lot of content and let people choose what they want to do with their time.

As for claim wars dividing the player base and creating general nastiness...
    You guys seem to have that covered on the forums.
    Just because access time to an event or mob is short doesn't mean that the mob itself wouldn't take a massive collaborated effort to kill. Time spent waiting =/= ease of beating what you were waiting for. Completely unrelated things.

All the obsurd timmers do is create a lack of access to said content to a sizeable portion of the playerbase so that a few people can get their thrills.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    So you'd be picking the best of the worst games fusional? I vote find one you enjoy instead. Or enjoy this, keep being patient even though we all know its been a long time, and see what the future holds here.... you know what the future holds in other games already. Lottery vs. guaranteed crap.... I'll keep playin the lottery!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strange Famous
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Most players who don't have the time can have more content to look forward to. Such as " Today I'm gonna play and try to kill <some name of a nm/hnm>.", or maybe the LS the the casual game is in can get a scheduled date to have the LS help him for a hour or so. Generally LS members are helpful, no matter the cost, and if you don't get to kill the NM or you do kill the NM but the item doesn't drop, so what. I can be a casual gamer at times due to IRL shenanigans and I would just try again. There will be so much content out there that it wouldn't matter if you had the time to kill a HNM that didn't re-spawn every hour at ToD. All I am trying to get across is, it's not excluding.. just more than likely giving you something to look forward to.
    (0)

Page 22 of 117 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast