Player
    Character
    Caldazar Sedai
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

SMN DPS rotation?

What does your dps rotation look like? What is the most effective?

I usually open with (Aetherflow III pre-battle) Miasma I --> Bio II --> Bio I --> Fester --> Ruin I(II) --> Ruin I(II) (not sure how many Ruins are supposed to be here before you Fester again), Then reapply Miasma I and Bio I, Fester again, and then go into Ruin's again.

Should I be bothering with Thunder? I also buff my pets damage during the Ruin's.

Does anyone have a detailed rotation figured out that's optimal?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hayward Timberwolf
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    After I got Ruin II at 38 here's where I stand (Aetherflow whenever it's up):

1) Bio
    2) Bio II
    3) Miasma
    4) Fester
    5) Ruin II (Which replaced Thunder)

Sustain and E4E as needed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caldazar Sedai
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    After I got Ruin II at 38 here's where I stand (Aetherflow whenever it's up):

1) Bio
    2) Bio II
    3) Miasma
    4) Fester
    5) Ruin II (Which replaced Thunder)

Sustain and E4E as needed.
    If you Cast Bio I first you're wasting a GCD, here's why, If you cast Bio I last then you can fester almost immediately, it's not on the same GCD. Also it allows you to Fester a second time before you have to refresh Bio I.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zelia Sarrasin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Here is a general starting rotation:
    Bio II+Obey(so the pet starts attacking while you're casting) -> Miasma -> Bio -> Fester during GCD(make sure to delay it a little more until the Bio debuff is present) -> Shadow Flare -> Thunder -> Ruin -> Ruin II -> Raging Strikes+Fester during GCD -> Bio -> Miasma -> Thunder -> Bio II -> Fester(have to use this one on GCD) -> Miasma II -> Rouse During GCD-> Bio -> Contagion+Spur during GCD-> Shadow Flare -> Ruin II -> Enkindle during GCD

After that you have to let the DoTs wear off completely because you can't overwrite a RS+DoT with a normal DoT, so then just proceed to keep DoTs up. Use Ruin II when you want to use Rouse/Spur(should be on CD, but don't use until after that initial rotation. No time.). The way to maximize DPS is to maximize DoT uptime, and Fester usage.

Always start with Bio II -> Miasma -> Bio.

Miasma II is ONLY useful for single target when you use Contagion, and it's not always viable due to mana costs. Shadow Flare doesn't get any benefit from RS so there's no reason to refresh the timer during RS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caldazar Sedai
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Okay, What is RS, also is there a way to make Garuda use his other skills so you can use Contagion when you want too?

Ohhhh nvm, SMN can get that spell? Thought only ARC could. What Off class spells should I be using as 50 Besides that?
    (0)
    Last edited by Mythrellas; 09-10-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Pyros Eien
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrellas View Post
    Okay, What is RS, also is there a way to make Garuda use his other skills so you can use Contagion when you want too?

Ohhhh nvm, SMN can get that spell? Thought only ARC could. What Off class spells should I be using as 50 Besides that?
    SMN can pull from THM and ARC. You want Raging Strikes, Thunder and Quickcast mostly. Raging Strikes is a whooping lvl 4archer so no reason not to get it asap, Quickcast is 26THM so a bit more annoying, but it's great to prepare an instant shadowflare when moving or to instant combat rez people, and obviously resummon your pet instantly if it were to die.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sakura Rain
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    You definitely want Swiftcast (grind fates till THM is lvl 26). You definitely want Raging Strikes (easy to lvl ARC to 4). Quelling Strikes, I see a need for it, since I am mostly 2nd in threat meter for dungeons/raids/fates, but I don't feel like leveling ARC to 34, but at some point I may get it. Plus, as long as tank lives and healer live, I don't care about being 2nd in threat meter. For Garuda's contagion, set your pet to use Obey instead of Sic. Obey allows pet to autoattack but will not use any of its skills. You can then tell your pet to use contagion yourself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caldazar Sedai
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by nimuniverse View Post
    You definitely want Swiftcast (grind fates till THM is lvl 26). You definitely want Raging Strikes (easy to lvl ARC to 4). Quelling Strikes, I see a need for it, since I am mostly 2nd in threat meter for dungeons/raids/fates, but I don't feel like leveling ARC to 34, but at some point I may get it. Plus, as long as tank lives and healer live, I don't care about being 2nd in threat meter. For Garuda's contagion, set your pet to use Obey instead of Sic. Obey allows pet to autoattack but will not use any of its skills. You can then tell your pet to use contagion yourself.
    Yes but i don't want to have to tell it to use it other abilities -_-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zelia Sarrasin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrellas View Post
    Yes but i don't want to have to tell it to use it other abilities -_-
    You're going to have to do that if you want to do a lot better DPS. You only have to command it to do Contagion, because it using the AoE skill is a DPS loss for single target.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caldazar Sedai
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevee View Post
    You're going to have to do that if you want to do a lot better DPS. You only have to command it to do Contagion, because it using the AoE skill is a DPS loss for single target.
    So He'll still use Wind blade? I assume the knockback move you won't want to use unless you're soloing.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast