Player
    Character
    Coris Teijan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Hello there,

here I am with a clarification regarding the info I gave one or two pages ago. First of all I have to say: I am not happy 'bout this. Second: finiteHP, you will be fine with what you did. Please read below.

Source (First quote bubble. Again translated by myself, please have mercy x_x )

Q: I played the old version of FFXIV and there are characters on my account. I'd like the bonus pre-order items and the ingame items of the Collector's Edition. If I pre-order the CE and add the codes for CE items and pre-order items to my existing account, do I get all ingame items?

A: You will receive the pre-order items, but you can't use the codes of the PC CE on an existing Windows-Account. To receive the ingame items of the CE, please use the digital Upgrade-Service.
    Nevertheless, it is possible to connect the PS3 CE with an existing account of the Windows version, which gives you the ability to receive the ingame items of the CE.
    Actually, I don't know what to do now =____=
    Whatever I order, there will be one thing I can't use since I do not own a PS3 and I will have to pay more than normal.

EDIT: Did some math with people from the dark side of the moon. With the actual exchange rate in mind, the digital Upgrade would cost me 14,99€. When I buy the PC CE, which goes for 59,99€, I pay 74,98€ instead of the 69,99€ for the PS3 CE.
    Gotta say that I'm okay with those 5€ when I get an installation DVD and codes I can register without doing additional stuff (like creating a PSN account etc.) for that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Coris; 05-29-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Boxed Turtle Collector | Black Ravyn | Crow | Art by Sa'niquel Amrita
    "You've cheated death too many times. Greed may do your bidding, but death serves no man." - Six of Crows

Player
    Character
    Aki Matsuda
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Coris View Post
    Hello there,

here I am with a clarification regarding the info I gave one or two pages ago. First of all I have to say: I am not happy 'bout this. Second: finiteHP, you will be fine with what you did. Please read below.

Q: I played the old version of FFXIV and there are characters on my account. I'd like the bonus pre-order items and the ingame items of the Collector's Edition. If I pre-order the CE and add the codes for CE items and pre-order items to my existing account, do I get all ingame items?

A: You will receive the pre-order items, but you can't use the codes of the PC CE on an existing Windows-Account. To receive the ingame items of the CE, please use the digital Upgrade-Service.
    Nevertheless, it is possible to connect the PS3 CE with an existing account of the Windows version, which gives you the ability to receive the ingame items of the CE.
    Thanks for the update. I updated my post to reflect this upgrade path, though it's a shame that there isn't an easier way to upgrade in your situation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Coris Teijan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    There are more questions in Sasunaich's thread. Should I try on translating them too, or should I wait for maybe Camate to update you on everything? :S
    (0)

Boxed Turtle Collector | Black Ravyn | Crow | Art by Sa'niquel Amrita
    "You've cheated death too many times. Greed may do your bidding, but death serves no man." - Six of Crows

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Small correction: unless the billing scheme has changed from how it was in 1.0, multi-month subscriptions are a single fee paid in full up front. A 180-day subscription will cost you $77.94 / 47.94 GBP or 65.94 EUR at the time of purchase, averaging the monthly rate shown in the chart. Continuing on this plan would have you paying out about twice per year. The whole point of bulk rate subscriptions is that a company gets more guaranteed money up front in exchange for a discounted rate on the service.
    I know the subs are paid up front, but on the chart was listed with only the monthly fee which is what I was trying to explain to our friend from blackpool back there

Thanks, though
    (0)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Coris View Post
    Hello there,

Actually, I don't know what to do now =____=
    Whatever I order, there will be one thing I can't use since I do not own a PS3 and I will have to pay more than normal.

EDIT: Did some math with people from the dark side of the moon. With the actual exchange rate in mind, the digital Upgrade would cost me 14,99€. When I buy the PC CE, which goes for 59,99€, I pay 74,98€ instead of the 69,99€ for the PS3 CE.
    Gotta say that I'm okay with those 5€ when I get an installation DVD and codes I can register without doing additional stuff (like creating a PSN account etc.) for that.

Blah! This is so annoying.

I've pre-ordered the physical CE for PC (NA) direct from SE (because no one else is selling it). I want it for... 1) the box of tangible goodies... 2)a physical copy of the game (PC) ... 3) the pre-order bonuses (Cait Sith and Moogle hat)... AND 4) the 4 digital CE bonuses (Helm of Light, Coeurl Mount, Behe barding, Baby Behe minion)

Now your quoted post (not blaming you! lol!) sounds like we get everything except the 4 digital CE bonuses, which makes no sense. On their explanation page it says ...

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...96bf81c212957d

Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade Service
    The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.]
    * Characters that have already been created will be able to receive the items.
    Doesn't that seem to say we get them? Because it says "without needing to purchase the upgrade." Further goes on to say "characters already created will receive the items..." Is there something I'm not understanding here?

I could CANCEL my pre-order and instead pre-order the PS3 CE, but I don't really WANT that (I did want physical copy for PC), but now I'm not even sure I don't need a PS3 account thingie to activate everything anyway.

Ugh they need to get over here and clarify more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    If you had the CE of 1.0, you get the 4x ARR CE items automatically without doing anything. I don't get why you're confused. :O
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't have the original CE - just standard (if you're talking to me.) ^^;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deli View Post
    :O sorry panic a little...so I didn't check all the responses thoroughly.
    I read this from foxclonn post#9

it pretty much say (from google translate): if you have normal 1.0 account, you shouldn't purchase ARR PC CE because it can't be added to your old char. you have 2 options:
    1. buy PS3 CE and tie to 1.0 account (I want CE bonus and that music blueray)
    2. buy digital CE upgrade later

can someone know Japanese confirm it?

/muttering on
    /panic /angry why such important information is missed... all we got is from Camate

it didn't say ARR CE for PC can't add to old normal 1.0 account >,<
    I need to cancel mine...

EDit:
    Just confirmed with ppl who can read japanese in my lab, the text indeed says like what i guessed from google translate:
    1.0 normal addition who purchased ARR CE FOR Windows, you can't get the bonus item on old account.
    Just saw this on another thread here. Pretty crystal clear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    I don't have the original CE - just standard (if you're talking to me.) ^^;
    Hee hee, yeah sorry. Forgot2Quote.

I get what you mean now. Best course of action for you is buying a PS3 CE, I guess, as Deli mentioned.
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    Hee hee, yeah sorry. Forgot2Quote.

I get what you mean now. Best course of action for you is buying a PS3 CE, I guess, as Deli mentioned.
    Wouldn't I have to have a PS3 and a PS/Sony account to apply the pre-order/CE in-game bonuses, though? Or do we think that can be done via our SE Account Management acct?
    (0)

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast