Page 53 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Radunas Trehneth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 42
    OP, You sound like a fantastic person to play with. I'm on Balmung as well, would you mind terribly if I added you? Always looking for intelligent, like minded individuals to experience this wonderful world with.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Talynia Moshantu
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyant View Post
    Snip
    I don't think you actual took the time to read what many people are actually saying. Most, not all, are not complaining about the price of the big mansion on the hill they are complaining about the price of small to medium plots. Specifically the small to medium plots, in the slums, on legacy servers. You cannot 'expand' your lot size. If you want to upgrade to a bigger lot you have to tear down your house, lose certain items, and then attempt to sell the deed to another player. At this point we're not even sure we CAN re-sell the land in 2.1 because SE likes to leave out a few things when it comes to their features.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aylis Tessier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
    Welcome to a long term goal, that's what they are, and there's plenty of people who enjoy them.
    I'm sorry you don't understand the issue. Yes working and earning something is perfectly okay and acceptable. Its when the end result does not justify the time invested that it becomes a problem. Though if you do honestly think spending 20-50 million for what is essentially a one room studio apartment house is fair, I do have a small garden shed I could rent you?
    (4)
    Last edited by Aylis; 12-17-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Player
    Character
    Amelia June
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Not to mention in all these Gil saving "plans" or "formulas"..... it doesn't take into account the cost of players personal spending things like players who like wearing crafted gear that costs money to make especially when you look at materia melding. Or players who like crafting but don't have a gathering class and have to purchase materials just to craft.

So then it comes down to convincing your other Free Company members to put in money for housing instead of gearing up more characters. With the ridiculous cost of the housing it means living on a meager paycheck for your own personal use.

I agree with having a steep price for housing, I don't think it should be something that you don't have to work toward but I don't know any players who have more than 4 mil on their own that aren't selling Titan runs 24/7.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post

Is that really what Yoshi wants this game to be like? Either way I just hope Individual housing isn't as f'ed up as this.
    I'm sure they'll come up with a similar excuse for individual housing. Where was the notice that people would be treated like this by the devs in the legacy campaign? Granted they can do whatever they like with the game, but it really sets a bad precedent in order, and won't do the economy or the community any favors.
    (5)
    Last edited by Kallera; 12-17-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Buster Posey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LiadansWhisper View Post
    While I absolutely agree that the hostile statements towards the community reps are completely unwarranted (remember, folks, that they are just doing their jobs and none of this is their fault, they are simply the messengers), I don't think that it's fair for you to say that because you don't care about housing (as your post would indicate, anyway), everyone else should feel the same way. Different people are different.
    It's nice to have but it's not that important to me. I just find all of it funny because before the housing crisis, seems like the forum was full of white knights and vocal minority this and that. FFXIV was like the best mmo ever and now it's like fix this or I may unsubscribe. Just when you thought you have seen it all, you got someone calling for resignations.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Doo View Post
    It's nice to have but it's not that important to me. I just find all of it funny because before the housing crisis, seems like the forum was full of white knights and vocal minority this and that. FFXIV was like the best mmo ever and now it's like fix this or I may unsubscribe. Just when you thought you have seen it all, you got someone calling for resignations.
    People are angry, they are angry because they were fed information and excuses that was translated to them much earlier and that didn't even satisfy the JP crowd. Yoshi P is the one that likely made this decision, but we can only rely on the reps to convey our concerns.

And when bad answers from a previous discussion are used, it feels like our own concerns haven't been conveyed.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Inzoum Zimia
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Here's a (possibly new) argument for you, Square Enix:

When people complained that some of the achievements (like # of levequest or grand company supply missions) could take as much as 8 years to obtain assuming flawless everyday participation, longer than most players will even keep playing, You realized this was a little ridiculous and REVISED THE NUMBERS.

That set a precedent in fixing your blatantly overboard calculations. If i tell you that even by optimistic calculations my 60 member FC (25 really active) could only obtain a small house in 2.5 years, and over 8 years for a medium house that would have had its price reduced assuming no other FC bought it in the meantime, can you not see thzt this is also equally ridiculous?

If I tell my members "GUYS! let's keep saving every small bit we can afford, and in possibly 8 to 10 years we'll be able to enjoy more than a pitiful ridiculous one-room hous somewhere around patch 7.8", do you HONESTLY thing they'll stick around that long?

seriously, go put a cactus in your pants, you owe it to yourself.
    (10)
    Last edited by Inzoum; 12-17-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bisera Cecilina
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    While FC's have more people - this does not mean those people are prepared to dump all of their gil into the FC.
    Nor should it mean that FC members dump all of their gil into their FC housing, as you suggest. However, as members of an FC they should be prepared to contribute a part of their gil. If they cannot be bothered to contribute then they shouldn't complain about not having an FC house.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystalynn View Post
    Big thing here is the people on nonlegacy servers saying pricing is fair when they don't have to deal with the prices we're seeing on Balmung, Excalibur and others. Some perspective please, people, come on.
    If 4-8 million is what my RP FC is expected to amass, that'd be one thing, but the cheapest plot on Balmung (popular RP server since 1.0) is 20 million. You're asking every 2.0+ created FC on this server to amass more than five times the amount of gil you do on yours. You are not thinking fairly about this problem at all. Most of you aren't.
    Hyperion, like Balmung and Excalibur, is a Legacy server. The housing prices are the same.

I'm afraid you can't see the forest for the trees. New (2.0+ created FC's) and small FC's will have a chance to get housing.
    20mil is the starting price for the cheapest house on the Legacy servers. The price will go down every 6 hours if nobody buys.
    Yes, 10mil is still a lot to gather but that is why people should work as a team to gather that money.
    In light of that, relax. Things will be ok. It may take a bit longer but everyone will have a chance to get a house.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arete Sophoi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Anapingofness View Post
    Nor should it mean that FC members dump all of their gil into their FC housing, as you suggest. However, as members of an FC they should be prepared to contribute a part of their gil. If they cannot be bothered to contribute then they shouldn't complain about not having an FC house.

Hyperion, like Balmung and Excalibur, is a Legacy server. The housing prices are the same.

I'm afraid you can't see the forest for the trees. New (2.0+ created FC's) and small FC's will have a chance to get housing.
    20mil is the starting price for the cheapest house on the Legacy servers. The price will go down every 6 hours if nobody buys.
    Yes, 10mil is still a lot to gather but that is why people should work as a team to gather that money.
    In light of that, relax. Things will be ok. It may take a bit longer but everyone will have a chance to get a house.
    Its not like people haven't been saving the last three months or anything...
    (6)

Page 53 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast