Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kupo Storaifo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 76
    I sold my Morbol Saliva for a crap ton of gil. Why isn't everyone selling their oh-so-common morbol saliva?

ATP items aren't the only things worth anything.

Also, people are making a killing with lower level items. I see iron ingots sell for 499 a piece on my server. It doesn't get much better than that, considering it costs a little over 1k to buy 99 iron ore, if you are too lazy to level miner a few levels.
    (0)

When all else fails, Heck the Bed.

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Given that you can purchase iron ingots for less than 70 gil, I'd say that's a bad economy. . . Seriously... people are so dumb.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kupo Storaifo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    Given that you can purchase iron ingots for less than 70 gil, I'd say that's a bad economy. . . Seriously... people are so dumb.
    Really? lol people need to stop buying those on the market XD
    (0)

When all else fails, Heck the Bed.

Player
    Character
    Hito Yu
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrellaris View Post
    Agreed to be honest, I have 40 Apkallu Omellete in the market, but they are hardly selling these days. Electrum ore became pointless to sell with 1 selling for a whopping 10gill, same for other high lvl mining ore. Yes I am aware it is not a rare ore, but it is kind of sad that when the best ore and the last high levle range before 50 ore is selling for so little. In other MMO's the near highest and highest ore was always valuable, in FF14.. not at all.
    No one can take advantage of the Apkallu omelets given the max stats on them. Maybe if you knew this, you'd be making more money. Tooltips are pretty easy to read.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mellowlola Hime
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    well, They still have not introduced lvl 80 or lvl 90 items/gear to the game, so lets hope this will help fix things when they do. But if they wait too long crafting will still be usesless since everyone will have tomestone gear by then :/.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misa Strongarm
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    It's because the focus of the entire game, is on combat, hence DoH/L not being to be starting classes, or have advanced jobs or higher levelled gear.

If you want the economy to thrive it needs to be diverse, give things that people need, from all walks.
    Make potions and food a game changer, crafted gear should have i90 sets make the base stats lower than normal items but offer customization through melding, make elemental resistance actually useful, make it so you can break down clusters into crystal, and crystals into shards, add mini-games like.
    - A card game, crafters make blank cards, then once you kill an enemy while that card is equipped, you gain a 15% chance to obtain that monster.
    Then make the cards tradeable, make tournaments for cards and offer exclusive prizes.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Freddie Pines
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The problem stems from the fact that there is no specialization in this game, and the economy will only get wrecked further the more time passes since release. Since everyone can level every job and craft (instead of being forced to pick one or two crafts to specialize in), as more and more people cap all crafts and enter the market, prices will be depressed even further. Once the amount of new players entering the economy slows to a trickle the problem will be exacerbated even further; this is already happening.

It's a recipe for failure.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colman Meridius
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranzan View Post
    I seriously doubt that there will be a furniture market at all for the simple fact that it FC housing sndvit would be crazy to think a FC dont have a crafter. So really there is really no point in this economy because the game practically gives you everything. So now my question to SE is: Why even put crafting in the game if it meaningless?

P.S. bump

Yep. Any FC big enough to even be close to affording a house has plenty of crafters. The market for furniture will be irrelevent until there is affordable personal housing out there for people to furnish. When 2.1 came out I crafted a few pieces of furniture just for fun, now it will just sit there until I give it away. The rich players will never have anything to spend their money on except land until there is actually something rare and hard to get to buy.

Getting rid of the RMT bots would certainly help reduce the high supply of everything. Is it that hard to find them? Yeah I'm sure Rhsisyfks, Jaysrhysikwwh, Bahsgfdhysj, and Whysgvfiks selling shards for 6 gil each are legit players.
    (1)
    Last edited by CYoung187; 12-30-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirra_Lanzce View Post
    i would have to say is the Players fault. Keep undercutting and being ignorant to the fact that it ruins the market value of the items.
    No, it's the game. Yesterday alone it dumped four "wrong class" ætherial gear pieces into my bag while I was doing battle leves. (I lost count of how many "wrong class" reward items it gave me.)

Even if it takes you hours to farm or 5k of mats to craft one of those items, its market value is whatever supply and demand settle on. Let's say that an NPC will give me 150 for that item and the market board has been selling them for 10k. So I list mine at 10k, and so do many others now trying to get the most gil to save it for housing. Unfortunately demand can't keep up, most items don't sell, so of course people drop the price. To most of them it's 100% profit. There's no lower limit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luny Lulune
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 31
    I'm not rich! Therefore, the economy sucks!
    (4)

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast