Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    If you guys aren't familiar with wiki markup, I can copyedit/format.
    I am not familliar with it, but I can learn.
    In my writing-up of Sundered Skies, I'm mimicing your style as best I can in Microsoft Word for now and even plagiarising bits where exactly the same stuff happend (eg: "hear, feel, think"). I'm about to move on to Souls gone Wild.

I plan to try and get some stuff ready for this time next week, once I'm no longer away from home and with tablet-only internet.

I have full transcripts up to and including Fade to White for the Gridanian line, which is the last point where the main scenarios are divergent based on city of origin until Futures Perfect.
    Some extra collaboration on Fade to White (given the differences from having Tataru, Blackburn or Krimm speaking to Minfilia) may also be in order.
    (0)
    Last edited by Catapult; 01-09-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

I'm still trying to think of the best place to have these discussions. People who know how wikicode works (or are interested in learning the bare essentials for talk pages) can always use the individual discussion pages, but ideally I'd like a forum backing of some kind. Still not sure whether to wait for SE to confirm or deny the Lore Forum, in which case I could just make a thread for each episode as I go, or maybe lobby for one at GE? Dunno!

If you guys aren't familiar with wiki markup, I can copyedit/format. I'll have to make some kind of, like, contributor guide for building a uniform style at some point. The hardest part of this is that The Unending Journey only tells you some of the story. Finding who said what is sometimes just as hard as making sure you have all the dialogue from instanced NPCs and optional discussions. Again, eventually finding a home forum will come in handy for this.

I now have FRAPS, though, so at least I can record my ARR quests in complete form and stash 'em until we get caught up to those episodes.

Also, I'm about done with the prototype of a main-story interactive quest (Shapeless Melody). So far the only differences are that the Raw Transcript page is a lot longer and harder to confirm, and there aren't many opportunities to use the smaller image frames, both minor issues that don't pose larger problems, so we're lookin' good.
    I agree, having a dedicated forum to this vs one thread would be heaps easier to navigate through the loads of info and debates about certain things ><

I am not well versed in wiki markup, but can easily read up and learn it. I'd feel better about contributions if I didn't weigh you down with having to do the coding Lol. I have access to other sources that we could pull info from if needed as well.

I'd suggest lobbying for some space at GE just to get the ball rolling on this faster.

Ninja edit:
    On the quotes part for your loremonger section, you might want to distinguish the elezens as "male elezen" and "female elezen", since both genders appear in the opening FMV.

Also, I can start transcribing the Ul'dah quests (as much as the Unending Journey will give me before I resort to other methods >_>)
    (0)
    Last edited by Vilhem; 01-09-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Mr. Moose, for minor typos like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Loremonger
    Rostnsthal included, no on in the cabin has any answers as to what they player heard, but unwilling to accept this, they decide to head above decks and see if anyone there knows anything.
    Do you just want it pointed out here (or in the new awesome Loremonger GE sub-forum that is about to exist, no doubt), or am I good to go in brandishing my newly-farmed e and make the edit myself?

I'd love to help with the Loremuncher wiki, as my FFXIV experience has been so greatly enhanced by this thread (btw I now believe that ARR takes place wholly within an echo thanks to the incredible echo paranoia you've given me), but I doubt I can do much to help aside from dropping 'e's (not like that) as I have incredibly poor perception as to stuff going on in the game, despite trying to watch and read it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    I have it on good authority that a loregasm is what is experienced following the dropping of a lore bomb.
    Thanks for the clarification. Mrs. Mjollnir will be incredibly grateful of my new knowledge, I'm sure!
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    I am not familliar with it, but I can learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    I am not well versed in wiki markup, but can easily read up and learn it.
    In that case, I'll take a little break from prepwork and hammer together a little guide for building your own articles and start adding my most oft-used code into a single reference page. The first drafts are at the bottom of the How to Loremonger page; currently just first draft crash courses. In the meantime, I'm sure you'll be able to deduce how most things work just by looking at the code of a finished page and monkeying around with it. If you make a sandbox in your own userspace, you can experiment all you want without fear of messing anything up. When I first learn how to use something, I just take it to a sandbox and start trial and erroring the hell out of it until I understand what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    ... you might want to distinguish the elezens as "male elezen" and "female elezen"
    Good call. Added to mah to-dos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    ... for minor typos ... am I good to go ... and make the edit myself?
    Absolutely. A good rule of thumb is that if the meaning of nothing has been changed and only a simple error has been corrected, such as typos or broken code, have at it. Everything is done on that Shapeless Melody page except the proofreading and polish and I keep getting distracted by other prep work :P
    (0)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 01-10-2013 at 02:42 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Gahoo Yah
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    /me waits patiently for the steak dinner that necessarily is required for true lobbying efforts.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    In that case, I'll take a little break from prepwork and hammer together a little guide for building your own articles and start adding my most oft-used code into a single reference page. The first drafts are at the bottom of the How to Loremonger page; currently just first draft crash courses. In the meantime, I'm sure you'll be able to deduce how most things work just by looking at the code of a finished page and monkeying around with it. If you make a sandbox in your own userspace, you can experiment all you want without fear of messing anything up. When I first learn how to use something, I just take it to a sandbox and start trial and erroring the hell out of it until I understand what it does.
    You don't have to stop your prepwork. I'm sure there's enough guides out there on how to code wiki pages. I usually learn "sandbox" style too xD Learned HTML and PHP that way >.>
    (0)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Yoohree Reborn
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    so its like the Metal gear solid DB on the ps3 but for FFXIV lore?
    (0)

Player
    Why none is trying to solve my speculation?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Why none is trying to solve my speculation?
    I'm not seeing much to "solve" per say. They're valid observations and I can't think of anything to contribute to them.
    (1)

Hello all, and (an embarrassingly belated) Happy New Year!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that we're all still alive here (barely), and apologize about the relative drought of lore/localization bombs and bomblets (lorelocalization...lorlocalize...Lorloc! New monster confirmed for release! ). After a well-deserved summer vacation (yeah, I said summer), we returned to find our data stockings stuffed with a veritable cornucopia of new quests, Lodestone and benchmark goodness, and naming requests...in addition to all that spiffy stuff we aren't allowed to talk about yet (oh, and Pinurabi had some coal in his, as he's been quite naughty). We're currently in the process of pounding everything out, and so far we're right on schedule to meet our Beta Test deadline. Unfortunately, until Beta is released, we might not have as much time as we'd like to devote to fielding questions on the forums. That isn't to say we aren't following your threads and jotting down things that need to be addressed in the future! Just that we ask you bear with us a bit longer while we hit the final stretch!

Oh, and about that Lore page in the new Lodestone forums... We're in the process of escalating the issue right on up to Yoshi-P, so he knows how important this is for you guys. And we won't stop until we get that page up and running.

Until then, keep the speculation mill in good working order, and I'll see you all in Beta (but hopefully before then)!
    (25)

Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast