Player
    Character
    Samantha Smith
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirra_Lanzce View Post
    If it talks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it's a goose.

Also, Grass!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renault Cathetel
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I will be EXTREMELY pissed off if they don't allow you to freely run around an enemy. If you're locked on sure, make them strafe and backstep (but make it look good like the current FFXIV's does and not that ridiculous run in place you see in every other MMO) but if you backpedal no matter what, that is garbage.

Not being able to run around an enemy at full speed from any angle would make fighting guys like Coincounter impossible for melees. As a Monk I can move in and attack him and still run out of the way of 100 tonze attacks with no issue. If you backpedal no matter what, you won't be able to do that. And that sucks.
    (3)
    Last edited by AlphaDragoon; 09-08-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Cause and Effect:

Cause: Better Graphics Effect: Downgrade on Animations
    Cause: Graphics Engine totally redone... Effect: Shadows Downgraded

( The above are just examples)

Get the Picture here? Sometimes in life.. you take a little give a little, If there was an MMO that did all those things flawlessly, No MMO that would come out would have a chance to beat it. You can't get one thing (Cause) and expect nothing to be potentially punished (Effect). Certain aspects of the game had to take a tiny little beating in order to push in something better on another aspect of the game.

In the end when you play the overall aspect of the game, do you really notice all the small stuff when you play the game? Hardly. Maybe at first but the more you play the more it becomes apart of you, and it becomes to not even matter anymore.
    (0)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Azarim Erro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
    What exactly is the downside of making our views known and asking for clarification?
    There is nothing wrong with making concerns and views known, and asking for clarification at the appropriate time. You'll be hating on me for saying this, as you've said to everyone who's opposed you, but we are in pre-alpha; where little detail about the actual mechanics of the game is known. All we have been shown is footage - the visuals specs and settings and other details are unknown, which in case, yes clarification of THOSE would be appropriate.

However, you are asking for something that they would be receiving feedback during ALPHA phases. This is not even alpha yet - not one member of the community has been able to test the game regardless of what state it is in. By voicing these concerns now, it's like complaining about your meat being raw before you even know that it's been cooked.

I'm all for these concerns being known, but at the right time. As of now, these concerns are nothing by fallacies until we can actually GET alpha phases in, testings done, and a structured feedback section that the developers can pre-use. THEN, is when we can start voicing concerns.

tl;dr - You may not be this way, but it seems as if you are oozing impatience for the developers to hang onto every single query of yours, when the time for that query to be tested hasn't even begun. Be more patient - wait until alpha which is when it is appropriate to voice those concerns. I myself think the lack of diagonal animation is a worry, but I'm willing to wait until alpha before backhanding SE a list of concerns, instead of now in which they should be focusing on getting the game READY for alpha.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lenana Milna
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 82
    Looking at the animations in the demo, and comparing them to the current version, it's just jarring. I'd really hate to see the current animation quality go away for some kind of weightless animations. I'm hoping it's simply because it's not finished yet, but... You never know.

Heh, I remember earlier I was showing someone how detailed the animations in this game are. (Even the character's eyes move. O.O)
    (5)
    Last edited by Leyza; 09-08-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Fail BBC Coding on my part.
    The angels dance like feathers float, they're here to see and to be seen,
    The clock strikes two, the music slows and each one slowly dons their wings,
    Once outside they all pair off and hand in hand they leave
    But I'm still waiting, yeah, and I'm still waiting
    Rise Against - Torches

Player
    Character
    Neptune Deepsea
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Same delusional thinking from fans (not that it mattered) that led up to the original FFXIV release. You wanna know something? Nothing changed from FFXIV alpha til FFXIV now about animations and when people had something to say about animation lock the devs said "wait til 2.0". So unless you bastards want to hear wait til 3.0 you should stop obstructing the flow of criticism.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Same delusional thinking from fans (not that it mattered) that led up to the original FFXIV release. You wanna know something? Nothing changed from FFXIV alpha til FFXIV now about animations and when people had something to say about animation lock the devs said "wait til 2.0". So unless you bastards want to hear wait til 3.0 you should stop obstructing the flow of criticism.
    No one here is saying wait till release ppl are saying wait till you test it and give feedback...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    No one here is saying wait till release ppl are saying wait till you test it and give feedback...
    thats the point..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dubont Matteus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    ...but...the grass...
    (2)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    When I re-watched the Special talk Session I noticed that some characters were snapping into position when rotating 360 degrees (Then walk away :P). Surely (don't call me Shirley) its because its an alpha build. But I still get nervous because they released this to the public. Even Yoshi seems really on edge.
    (1)

Page 37 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast